Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never did with Triss because I had seen a little bit about the choice beforehand and had decided not to do anything to **** up an ending with Yen

And I never availed myself of the services of any of the brothels throughout the world

Geralt is no puritan, get in there son.

Also, Yen is a frosty cow, go team Triss!

In some ways it's a shame the game is so long. I'd love to relive the experience as the story was just masterfully crafted, but committing to spending so long playing a game that I've already played again is a tough sell for me.

Yeh I feel the same, i loved the game but it is huge, it's a big commitment to play this game again, Maybe one day though

Cheers all for the advice! I ended up getting the full expansion haha I'm just about to finish the main story and im only level 30. Do i just need to keep levelling up until i hit 35 to unlock Blood and Wine?
there's a Collossus en route that will probably * you up if you're not a bit closer to 35. But probably best just to do Heart of Stone for now, that should level you up appropriately

Cheers all for the advice! I ended up getting the full expansion haha I'm just about to finish the main story and im only level 30. Do i just need to keep levelling up until i hit 35 to unlock Blood and Wine?

You don't need to be level 34 or 35. It's just the suggested level. I went and started Blood & Wine at level 28 on Death March with only minor problems. The only risk is dying more often than you'd like.

I think I got the Von Everec quest off the noticeboard at the Seven Cats inn east of Novigrad.

Last edited:
I put in over 50 odd hours into Witcher 2 and then 75 odds hours in witcher 3 so far. i actually need a break from it all. too much witcher. and i am still only level 18. geech.

great game. the best thing about it is that it doesnt feel grinding at all. amazing. going to take a week off or so and then try and get back into it. i need to do things in real life.

Just got my new gaming pc up going and after being without for about 2 years, this is the 1st game im playing on it, expecting good things from what I've heard.

Set graphics to max, difficulty to death march and take your time to enjoy the journey. After two years without a gaming PC this will be a glorious experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently did a Death March no HUD play through, took me well over 200 hours. Plan was to keep my original witcher armor, but half way through Baron questing I legit couldn't survive anything, had to start collecting feline armor.

No Hud is brutal, not knowing enemy health makes every fight quite terrifying. After a few days I started using my minimap only, was too frustrating trying to remember every part of the land and constantly had to open my map anyway.

Just built for quick attack/whirl, quen shield heal was my saving grace. Equal with GTAV as the best game ever made imho.

I ended up finishing this game around 18 months ago, I did love it but *.... Soooo glitched. It felt like I was playing an incomplete game. I'd get stuck in swamps - like literally get a foot stuck... and have to restart. I had quests where the item wasn't there ie. keys or items integral to the quest that just couldn't be done. And I didn't really start playing the cvard game til around 2/3rds way through the game.
I could maaaybe be bothered doing it all again now, hopefully with a bunch of updates having fixed all the bugs but geez.
Sadly, I guess that's par for the course for console gaming these days.

I ended up finishing this game around 18 months ago, I did love it but ****.... Soooo glitched. It felt like I was playing an incomplete game. I'd get stuck in swamps - like literally get a foot stuck... and have to restart. I had quests where the item wasn't there ie. keys or items integral to the quest that just couldn't be done. And I didn't really start playing the cvard game til around 2/3rds way through the game.
I could maaaybe be bothered doing it all again now, hopefully with a bunch of updates having fixed all the bugs but geez.
Sadly, I guess that's par for the course for console gaming these days.

Strange, I can't remember a single glitch on PS4. Was one of the things I was blown away by.

They must've really cleaned it up then, I remember reading the patch updates when I was playing and there were literally hundreds of bug fixes, but never stuff i'd encountered. It was the single biggest factor for me not bothering to go on with the expansion.
Sounds like they've come on in leaps and bounds since then to clear everything up, which sounds promising. I might give it another crack after i've finished with FFXV.

I had a moment in Velen where Geralt got stuck in waist-deep water and I had to reload as he couldn't get out of it. Pain in the ass if you don't have a recent save.

Last edited:
Loving it, playing on the hardest difficulty on my first run through and was a steep learning curve, took me about 8 goes to kill the wolves at the very start.
Got some crazy sword called Harpy in the early game but cant craft it till level 37 I think, cant wait.

Back