Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on your playstyle, but most would probably say the Grandmaster Ursine armour is the best in that you create a high DPS build that can take a lot of hits also.

The sword thats found in the lake in B&W is arguably the best silver sword depending on when you got it as it levels with you somewhat

Last edited:
What's the best armour in this game? Also the best sword?

I completed B&W last night (absolutely terrific), am lvl 51 and at the moment just trying to find the best available get up.
armour and swords at a high level are perhaps the most (only) disappointing thing for me in the game. I'm on the verge of finishing B&W, but it's been so disappointing to me that by the time I had the coin and the blueprints for my favourite set (Grandmaster Wolven - I looove the Wolven armour set: looks so badass and is a good blend of combat and sign perks) the swords were completely obsolete, and I never once got the benefit of the 5 pieces.

It's kind of a good problem to have in a way, because the swords I had were better, but I wish there was some way of upgrading the power level of the GM sets. They look so bad ass, they have great perks, and they are true end game rewards, but mine have just been sitting proudly displayed in my vineyard for over half the final DLC.

That Aerondight sword is so awesome, but the way it levels up with your character just makes any other blade completely obsolete. I currently use some Toussaint heavy armour, and it's the first time I've used full heavy sets in the game. It's a bit like when I just started out and I was using anything that was good, so mismatching my armour types. It's quite a bit higher than the GM gear and it's annoying. But it's not as bad as the swords - the swords are just that far below the top end stuff that it is impossible to contemplate using them on death march.

It's a bit sad really.

So, to sum up, you're at virtually the same stage as me. The best armour I've found (by power level) is heavy Toussaint Knight armour. I have a nice looking heavy chest piece - the Toussaint armour, the gold one that the guys at the start wear, but I never found a full set. Best silver sword easily Aerondight. Can't remember the steel sword I'm using exactly. I actually do have some silver swords at a bit higher level than Aerodight, but the charge up mechanic and the fact I can grind it up if I choose; not to mention its capacity in any NG+ that I decide to do at some point, makes it king.

A lot of the time I wear a couple pieces of Mastercrafted Ursine for the increased protection against monsters, and three pieces of Mastercrafted Griffin (which includes sword/s) for the double-casting. I use Igni a lot, as well as Magical Sensibilities mutation, so I don't like going without double-casting.

armour and swords at a high level are perhaps the most (only) disappointing thing for me in the game. I'm on the verge of finishing B&W, but it's been so disappointing to me that by the time I had the coin and the blueprints for my favourite set (Grandmaster Wolven - I looove the Wolven armour set: looks so badass and is a good blend of combat and sign perks) the swords were completely obsolete, and I never once got the benefit of the 5 pieces.

It's kind of a good problem to have in a way, because the swords I had were better, but I wish there was some way of upgrading the power level of the GM sets. They look so bad ass, they have great perks, and they are true end game rewards, but mine have just been sitting proudly displayed in my vineyard for over half the final DLC.

That Aerondight sword is so awesome, but the way it levels up with your character just makes any other blade completely obsolete. I currently use some Toussaint heavy armour, and it's the first time I've used full heavy sets in the game. It's a bit like when I just started out and I was using anything that was good, so mismatching my armour types. It's quite a bit higher than the GM gear and it's annoying. But it's not as bad as the swords - the swords are just that far below the top end stuff that it is impossible to contemplate using them on death march.

It's a bit sad really.

So, to sum up, you're at virtually the same stage as me. The best armour I've found (by power level) is heavy Toussaint Knight armour. I have a nice looking heavy chest piece - the Toussaint armour, the gold one that the guys at the start wear, but I never found a full set. Best silver sword easily Aerondight. Can't remember the steel sword I'm using exactly. I actually do have some silver swords at a bit higher level than Aerodight, but the charge up mechanic and the fact I can grind it up if I choose; not to mention its capacity in any NG+ that I decide to do at some point, makes it king.

Yeah, I'm pretty much wearing the same armour as you, as for the swords, I've got the viper venomous silver sword, think I'll have to upgrade that. Steel sword is iris.

I want to get the grandmaster wolven armour too, need to find the stuff for it, where can I do that? I know you can pin stuff so when you go to stores it shows you but for some reason that doesn't work for me?

Don't you get the directions to the Grandmaster Wolven armour schematics from the armourer in Beauclair? I think that's how I got them. Otherwise, check on YouTube for a guide.

Yeah, I'm pretty much wearing the same armour as you, as for the swords, I've got the viper venomous silver sword, think I'll have to upgrade that. Steel sword is iris.

I want to get the grandmaster wolven armour too, need to find the stuff for it, where can I do that? I know you can pin stuff so when you go to stores it shows you but for some reason that doesn't work for me?
do you mean the diagrams or the actual mats?

I have the diagrams
yeah cool, well in terms of mats you should be able to buy them all from the master blacksmith in Beauclair. I often find I can make a lot of the mats from what I have - enriched demetrium ore etc. But most if not all of it you can buy from him. I never had much luck with/bothered about pinning either, just toggled back and forth

Man, it's been so long since I player this game, finding this thread and reading all the terminologies and map locations and items - I feel like giving it another crack now.
I'm a measly level 20, just got to Skellige this week, and loving it. It's just terrific to have a huge game I can explore at my own pace, whenever I want. Currently just cruising around Velen knocking off most of the question marks now that I'm a touch over leveled - enjoying crushing the pissy enemies I'm coming across. Got myself the first set of Witcher cat armour/weapons, and only just understanding now how to effectively craft. There's just so much to do, it's great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a measly level 20, just got to Skellige this week, and loving it. It's just terrific to have a huge game I can explore at my own pace, whenever I want. Currently just cruising around Velen knocking off most of the question marks now that I'm a touch over leveled - enjoying crushing the pissy enemies I'm coming across. Got myself the first set of Witcher cat armour/weapons, and only just understanding now how to effectively craft. There's just so much to do, it's great
Skellige was my favourite part of the game. when you arrive there in the shipwreck - even just the views are amazing, crazy surreal atmosphere.

I finished Blood & Wine last night, and now my life is cold and empty :(

I got the good ending, without gaming it at all. So both sisters live. Although Regent had to flee Beauclair

Once again, what a majestic game. Just incredible stuff. I feel like a junkie who just learned the world has run out of heroin

Once again, what a majestic game. Just incredible stuff. I feel like a junkie who just learned the world has run out of heroin

It's definitely in the discussion for best games of all time, IMO. Most games the 'story' is just a thing that's there as an excuse to have you kill/steal/find/evade/explore/etc more things. But in W3 some of the story-telling and the way the game immerses you in it is just off-the-charts brilliant. The
Bloody Baron
and his story in particular stands out for me as being super-memorable. And when you actually find
Ciri
in that hut! There is really nothing else like it in gaming.

As to junkie who learned there was no more heroin - that's why I still haven't been able to bring myself to play Blood and Wine. It's silly, I know. Maybe time for one more playthrough.[/spoiler]

I finished Blood & Wine last night, and now my life is cold and empty :(

I got the good ending, without gaming it at all. So both sisters live. Although Regent had to flee Beauclair

That's is how i felt when i finished too, especially when i began my search for a new game to play, i realised there is a dearth of decent games to play on the xbone, i have played Fallout 4, tomb raider and obviously the gift that is Witcher, oh and Sunset Overdrive since i purchased the xbox last year..Not into sports game anymore, tried Fifa 17 and was bored shitless in one hour

Currently giving Borderlands 2 another run, hanging out for Red Dead but since that's going to be a while, The Witcher may get another run through yet

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

"Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games."

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Get the guys who adapted Game of Thrones to set the tone and it'll be a raging success.

Last edited:
Sapkowski is at least.

Exactly, I'm fairly confident Netflix will keep this very close to the source material. Casting the roles will be the toughest, got to get that right.

Back