Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
Honestly I really liked 1 though!

I think I might play through it again in French for a learning experience :p It's an easier way to justify the time spent on video games.

I also really liked 1, and I'm probably the only one that's gonna recommend you finish it, especially if you already like it. Yes you get some of the story from playing 2, but there are some choices you can make that influence 2.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Really? 1 was huge, and 2 pretty disappointing. Story was not as good, little sidequests, combat more annoying, somehow looks like a quick response without going deep into details.

Well, they actually motion captured reenactment fighters for 1.

But having said that I am still pretty interested in no. 3.. Sounds good, main reason to be unsure is this open world thing: Sounds pretty nice on paper, but makes it difficult to have good story through the game as well...

I don't enjoy going back to 1 as much as 2. Much preferred the combat in 2 as it was more fluid and twitchy, except for when it got a bit easy late in the game after maxing alchemy tree. I think I preferred 1 when it was new more than 2 but imo it hasn't aged as well, which is why I recommended 2 to a new comer when there is only a month until 3. Two also gives the main back story of 1 which again would fill in someone new to witcher.

Not sure about the quote on the swordplay, I didn't say that.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Great hands on in this month's OPS Aus. Super pumped. Just went and looked up some confirmed trophies/achieves. There is definitely a dark mode one. Will be a brutal platinum unless resort to save back ups. I'll determine if I go that far after a 100% normal run through.

Welcome aboard.

m1oBpzmaxzXrFxkAYTQMYAw.jpg

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
At least that path you don't have to sneak around the damn king's camp.

Another thing I've noticed is I've been getting more crashes than when I first played through it. I am using a controller this time around so maybe that contributes? I don't know, I don't think I'm patched to the latest version either (not Steam version).

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
By not Steam version do you mean it is the non enhanced version without that arena style intro tutorial and stuff? Because I think that original retail version was notorious for bugs which I think was part the reason they almost completely overhauled it.

Nah, it is the Enhanced Edition retail but I didn't install it through Steam. When I play I just click on the shortcut and there we go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pawel

Senior List
Mar 25, 2013
NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
I heard about the franchise, never played it but it is all about change. Can not wait to play it.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
The Map is huge, I've been playing GTA V lately and the map in that is pretty damn big, but this is going to a whole new level.

When I get this my life as I know it will be over.

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
Pre-ordered the other day, I am not usually one to pre-order but I am just so hyped and also wanna show my support for CD Projekt. Didn't go for the collector's edition with the statue though, just went the Prima Guide edition from JB.

Back