Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reached level 20 on DM and just quit one day, I found the combat incredibly boring, slash - roll - slash - low HP = roll around till HP is safe, rinse and repeat :huh:
Every side quests was essentially identical bar a few exceptions and the main quest simply wasn't engaging, I haven't even taken the time to google how the story ends.
$80 completely down the drain, I hated it.

I reached level 20 on DM and just quit one day, I found the combat incredibly boring, slash - roll - slash - low HP = roll around till HP is safe, rinse and repeat :huh:
Every side quests was essentially identical bar a few exceptions and the main quest simply wasn't engaging, I haven't even taken the time to google how the story ends.
$80 completely down the drain, I hated it.
I'm all for everyone having an opinion but when someone starts accusing Witcher side-quests as being "essentially identical" and the story as "not engaging" you can't do much else than decide that there's not much point paying attention to anything that person ever says ever again, because next thing you know they'll be trying to argue blue is red, or that north is south

I keep reading that (about it being really good). Would you call the Elder Scrolls games RPGs? Because I liked those. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time getting into this. It's actually shitting me.. mostly because I paid $75 or something for it.
Even if I'd paid twice full price I'd still consider I'd gotten wonderful value for money

I'm all for everyone having an opinion but when someone starts accusing Witcher side-quests as being "essentially identical" and the story as "not engaging" you can't do much else than decide that there's not much point paying attention to anything that person ever says ever again, because next thing you know they'll be trying to argue blue is red, or that north is south

Your all for having an opinion then you go ahead and write the rest of that garbage.
Good on you, your full of it.

I'm Level 11, so not particularly deep, but I can't say I've found the side quests interesting. Talk to someone, use your witcher senses, follow footsprints/smell, kill some things, find something that elongates the quest, go somewhere else, kill more things, go home.

Then whenever you run into humans in these quests, you cop two dialogue options; Reason with them (kill everyone) or None of my business (fail quest).

I keep playing for the open world elements.

Even if I'd paid twice full price I'd still consider I'd gotten wonderful value for money
I'm still finding it a bit clunky in terms of movement but I am enjoying it a bit more since I stopped trying to overthink it. Hoping to play some more today which is a good sign.

Maybe it's a product of not having as much time to play games anymore or maybe it's a product of having played so many games throughout my life but I find I have very little patience for them these days if they don't grab me straight away.

I'm still finding it a bit clunky in terms of movement but I am enjoying it a bit more since I stopped trying to overthink it. Hoping to play some more today which is a good sign.

Maybe it's a product of not having as much time to play games anymore or maybe it's a product of having played so many games throughout my life but I find I have very little patience for them these days if they don't grab me straight away.
Look, it's 5 years old, so it's always going to be a tad clunky, especially after AC. Brilliant game though. Geralt is just the greatest

Look, it's 5 years old, so it's always going to be a tad clunky, especially after AC. Brilliant game though. Geralt is just the greatest
I just finished White Orchid and I did everything there was to do before leaving. I'm happy to report it's taken hold of me. Just required a mental gearshift. I also didn't realise it was that old but it really is clunky as * for just moving around. Loving the combat graphics though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just finished White Orchid and I did everything there was to do before leaving. I'm happy to report it's taken hold of me. Just required a mental gearshift. I also didn't realise it was that old but it really is clunky as **** for just moving around. Loving the combat graphics though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Before spending all your ability points in the wrong areas google best character builds first!

Otherwise like me you will be all over the place and needing to buy the potion of clearance to reset them all that costs a stack later in the game.

Enjoy the experience and you will be taken to a whole new world soon! ;)

The Bloody Baron awaits you next in Velen.

Before spending all your ability points in the wrong areas google best character builds first!

Disagree, play the game first without googling stuff like that. Just play how you want, rather than maximising a build based on someone elses guide.
It's not hard to make money in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad I didn't give up on this and it was so close. I think I'll be playing this for quite some time now.

Had this weird glitch before where the sound for everyone but G man was muted in the cut scenes. Kind of makes it hard when NPCs are trying to relay parts of a quest. I've turned it off (probably wouldn't hurt to give it a rest for a bit anyway :D) hoping the old turn it off/on again sorts it out.

So glad I didn't give up on this and it was so close. I think I'll be playing this for quite some time now.

Had this weird glitch before where the sound for everyone but G man was muted in the cut scenes. Kind of makes it hard when NPCs are trying to relay parts of a quest. I've turned it off (probably wouldn't hurt to give it a rest for a bit anyway :D) hoping the old turn it off/on again sorts it out.

You will get to the stage when you are devastated when the game is finished!

Did you ever see that glitch?

I'm guessing I won't finish it actually. It just seems too big. I bought the goty edition so it has the 2 expansions already loaded. It seems to integrate pretty nicely into the main game. I just have quests popping up that require much greater levels of experience. Nice that it works that way rather than having the usual 'bolt on' areas like Fallout4 that you have to enter load and exit load.

I'm guessing I won't finish it actually. It just seems too big. I bought the goty edition so it has the 2 expansions already loaded. It seems to integrate pretty nicely into the main game. I just have quests popping up that require much greater levels of experience. Nice that it works that way rather than having the usual 'bolt on' areas like Fallout4 that you have to enter load and exit load.

Never had that glitch regarding the sound but i had the problem of it just not choosing to load a few times and the simple on/off reset fixed it every time and the game is massive so to get everything content wise on 1 disc is a chore and you are always going to get little glitches.

Trust me also that you will finish the game! ;)

Have you done the Barons quest yet to kill his baby?

Blood and wine is pretty much a full game in its own right. Totally worth playing through though the story is great

I am sad to say i have hit this stage. Spent the last few weeks chipping away at Blood and Wine, trying to maximise the experience. Just finished it last night, and wowee i am sad for it be done. What an amazing game. I still have a bucket load of side quests to do but its a sad feeling to have finished one of the most enjoyable open world stories in a game i have ever played. I truly hope we get to revisit that universe in a future title

I am sad to say i have hit this stage. Spent the last few weeks chipping away at Blood and Wine, trying to maximise the experience. Just finished it last night, and wowee i am sad for it be done. What an amazing game. I still have a bucket load of side quests to do but its a sad feeling to have finished one of the most enjoyable open world stories in a game i have ever played. I truly hope we get to revisit that universe in a future title

For me i am keeping the last few quests still open in B&W and not doing them yet and just doing the Witcher gear armour searches in Toussaint and enjoying what is close to the best Open world city ever in gaming. Toussaint is just awesome and it should of been opened way earlier in the game instead of the wasteland that was Velen and bloody rain all the time!

I still have a heap of question marks around Skellige and elsewhere and will just retreat to Witcher Land and keep exploring with no quests left at all just to keep playing the game!

That Geralt sized hole in the heart...

To this day I think of him and pronounce his name the same way that female master armourer at the Baron's castle did :D

"Where is that accent from" ???

lol and i always ask her this! ;)

Also i got the Grandmaster Ursine Armour when i first entered Toussaint and it was the best thing i ever did even though i was under leveled when trying to get it and could not wear it until level 40 but boy was it worth it! Geralt is just about untouchable in this gear and while it is a heavy set it is by far the best kit in the game IMO when fully equipped with it's bonuses you get fully kitted out etc.

Back