Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea. I gave up at that point. I did main story and DLC. So much bloody treasure in Skillege that you dont actually need it all unless your trying to plat the game.

I had some time off and basically set aside a good 6 hours to sail and dive down to it all. Don't think I found anything I'd use other than for selling, maybe some armour and definitely found some diagrams but that's about it.

Yeh the number of ? marks were overwhelming, I started off trying to get most of them in Velen and around Novigrad, but by Skellige I left heaps of them, if I was close by I would go there but ignored most of them, I actually think they went a bit overboard with all of them

You're not meant to get every mark. They're there if you want to go treasure hunting, but the sheer number of them is so there is always something to do rather than a large, stagnant world with little to no points of interest.

I get that but in a game that long, at least make some of them worthwhile.

That's pretty subjective. Most of them provide a named weapon, crafting materials, bread crumbs of a treasure hunt or rare or unique enemies. It just depends on if you are just playing to get to the finish line or you are so immersed that you're looking to milk everything from the game. There is nothing wrong with either approach. Some people can't be bothered, others don't have the time, and then some just don't want the game to end. Something for everyone imo.

I'm playing this now and basically falling into the trap of trying to do everything.

The game has such an engaging sidequest system that I don't want to miss a thing now that I'm giving it the time of day.

Finally finished the B&W expansion. Admittedly, I skipped a lot of side quests, particularly in the main game. But made more of an attempt to do side quests in the expansions.

Going to start the NG+ tonight, most people seem to love it even more the second time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do wish my memory of this game was erased to I can jump into again and experience the 300 hours of gameplay to come.

Almost 3 years on and it’s still the best game.
Have you done NG+ yet?

Cause I've just started one and it's just as fun. You don't quite get to enjoy the story as much because you know what happens but you can make different decisions and the early game + better weapons and abilities makes combat very very fun.

With NG+ what carries over?

From the wiki ....

It allows players to restart the game and, except for the tutorial section, retain all their gold and most of their gear, including stuff stored in your Stash. However, you will LOSE all of the following including from your Stash:

• Quest items, except for some rather minor ones that you might as well sell when you get the chance.
  • books, both physical copies and their entries in your journal
  • Gwent cards, except for the basic starting Northern Realms deck
  • crafting diagrams, including all witcher school gear diagrams
  • A number of alchemy formulas, however quite a few will remain for potions, bombs and ingredients.
  • Trophies, both ones worn on Roach for status effects and any you may have won and displayed in your house in the Blood and Wine expansion at Corvo Bianco.
  • All map exploration, points of interest, etc.
  • Bestiary entries
  • Character entries
Suggested difficulty levels for quests are scaled up by at least 25 levels, as are the levels of the monsters encountered. It is in fact a live-scaling; whatever level you were at when you completed the game and created a save file to start New Game +, the monster and quest levels will be scaled accordingly.

I have just been hanging out in Velen (L34) clearing all the ? Thought I was just about done and went up to the top right hand corner of the map and all of a sudden another 30 ? popped up. This game is just massive.

Have been playing on Death March difficulty. Sometimes it seems impossible but sometimes it seems so easy I have to check in the options to make sure it's still on Death March. There are few things more satisfying than dispatching a group of enemies using a combo of sword and signs. Sometimes you just hit everything perfectly and it's like poetry in motion. So satisfying I just stand there amongst the corpses thinking * that was pretty cool. I'm also using the Roach trophy that gives +10 chance of dismemberment just because it's so great to watch. :D

I have just been hanging out in Velen (L34) clearing all the ? Thought I was just about done and went up to the top right hand corner of the map and all of a sudden another 30 ? popped up. This game is just massive.

Have been playing on Death March difficulty. Sometimes it seems impossible but sometimes it seems so easy I have to check in the options to make sure it's still on Death March. There are few things more satisfying than dispatching a group of enemies using a combo of sword and signs. Sometimes you just hit everything perfectly and it's like poetry in motion. So satisfying I just stand there amongst the corpses thinking **** that was pretty cool. I'm also using the Roach trophy that gives +10 chance of dismemberment just because it's so great to watch. :D
Yeah ******* love dismemberment :D

Ahh so good to hear you're loving it after the initial uncertainty. Geralt 4 life

Normally I do semi-regular updates when playing through a game. But I've been way too engrossed to bother getting my thoughts out on the game until now.

Coming into this I always knew it was great, the game's class was apparent even from the minimal effort I put in 3 years ago. But now that I am finally undertaking the deep dive I can truly appreciate what it does so much more. Every sidequest is a tale, most of them are engrossing ones as well. The nature in which these unfold makes me want to see everyone. I like that they aren't all happy endings, that I have to pick between the best of two shitty scenarios sometimes. There's a lot of nuance here that you just don't find in a lot of other games and I love that. The game gives you room to make gut calls on characters and sometimes you're right and other times you're wrong.

Also the detail in the world is fanatstic, there aren't too many times I'm genuinely infatuated with the open world in a game these days. But I love wandering through Novigrad, or climbing the mountains of Skellige. I even came around to Gwent once I started getting some decent cards I find myself challenging most bystanders to a game.

I'd put it off because of the sheer amount of time needed to complete the game and I didn't want to do it the disservice of starting it and not finishing it. I'm glad I'm playing it now because I've been able to give the game the time it deserves. It truly is a remarkable effort that pretty much shades every other effort this generation. I'm 90 hours in and I know I still have a good 20+ more before I've finished it.

Back