Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So I finished Wild Hunt a few days ago and what a sublime gaming experience. 115 hours of pure exploration, gwent and wonder.

• I killed Radovid.
  • I also killed Dijkstra since he tried to dog the boys.
  • I chose Yen.
  • Ciri is a Witcher.
  • Cerys rules Skellige.
The only thing I thought I was spoiled on was that I was certain that Ciri was going to live through every scenario. Purely based on the chatter saying that they could easily do a 'Witcher 4 with Ciri' which isn't exactly possible if she is dead. That being said apparently she can die if you mess up the ending so the joke was on me.

The game really kicked up a notch in general once Ciri and Geralt were united. Battle of Kaer Morhen in particular felt particularly chaotic. I kind of wish Ciri was paired with Geralt for longer because her interplay with the cast was great.

Aside from that I'm slightly annoyed Lambert managed to live.

I'm mostly happy with the results there, curious to see how it played out with Triss but that's what Youtube is for I guess.

As an overall package it is possibly the most I have ever been impressed with a videogame. The game just delivers on every front and you can see the game's influence in other games two and a half years on. AC Origins in particular learned a lot of lessons from this game and was a much better product than previous ACs because of it.

Now for HOS & B&W to top it off.

So I finished Wild Hunt a few days ago and what a sublime gaming experience. 115 hours of pure exploration, gwent and wonder.

• I killed Radovid.
  • I also killed Dijkstra since he tried to dog the boys.
  • I chose Yen.
  • Ciri is a Witcher.
  • Cerys rules Skellige.
The only thing I thought I was spoiled on was that I was certain that Ciri was going to live through every scenario. Purely based on the chatter saying that they could easily do a 'Witcher 4 with Ciri' which isn't exactly possible if she is dead. That being said apparently she can die if you mess up the ending so the joke was on me.

The game really kicked up a notch in general once Ciri and Geralt were united. Battle of Kaer Morhen in particular felt particularly chaotic. I kind of wish Ciri was paired with Geralt for longer because her interplay with the cast was great.

Aside from that I'm slightly annoyed Lambert managed to live.

I'm mostly happy with the results there, curious to see how it played out with Triss but that's what Youtube is for I guess.

As an overall package it is possibly the most I have ever been impressed with a videogame. The game just delivers on every front and you can see the game's influence in other games two and a half years on. AC Origins in particular learned a lot of lessons from this game and was a much better product than previous ACs because of it.

pretty similar outcome to me, from memory, if not exactly the same. Actually, I think I got a different first one to you, which didn't give a great outcome for that particular input; but the rest was cool.

What a game it is

I finished HOS last week. Wish it could have been longer. It kind of ended a bit unexpectedly. I'm being more wary with B&W and trying to draw it out for longer. I will say this though, Toussaint is a welcome change of scenery from the gloomy, rainy, swampy s**t holes that make up a lot of the rest of the place. The whole French provincial feel is like heaven. Beautifully bright and sunny with fields full of flowers. Magnificent.

Also, I was reading last night they are planning a Witcher TV series on Netflix. One to keep an eye out for. :D

I finished HOS last week. Wish it could have been longer. It kind of ended a bit unexpectedly. I'm being more wary with B&W and trying to draw it out for longer. I will say this though, Toussaint is a welcome change of scenery from the gloomy, rainy, swampy s**t holes that make up a lot of the rest of the place. The whole French provincial feel is like heaven. Beautifully bright and sunny with fields full of flowers. Magnificent.

Also, I was reading last night they are planning a Witcher TV series on Netflix. One to keep an eye out for. :D
how funny are the foods and s**t you find too, compared to the rest of the game

how funny are the foods and s**t you find too, compared to the rest of the game
Actually haven't noticed that yet. I did the first couple of parts of the story then decided to do a bit of exploring and came across a black panther that had a red skull difficulty so I thought I'd beat it back to Novigrad and try and level up a bit more.. which is proving really difficult. Almost level 39. I've been carrying around this superior griffin armour set and swords waiting to grand master them at level 40 to get the associated bonuses but it seems like by the time I'll hit level 40 they'll be so under powered it hardly seems worth it. :think:

Actually haven't noticed that yet. I did the first couple of parts of the story then decided to do a bit of exploring and came across a black panther that had a red skull difficulty so I thought I'd beat it back to Novigrad and try and level up a bit more.. which is proving really difficult. Almost level 39. I've been carrying around this superior griffin armour set and swords waiting to grand master them at level 40 to get the associated bonuses but it seems like by the time I'll hit level 40 they'll be so under powered it hardly seems worth it. :think:
well enjoy your baguette with pate when you get it :D

I have the Horn of Plenty (great name) so no need for food any more. Maybe I can start an export business of fine Toussaint delicacies and flog them off for a massive profit in the peasant provinces. :D

you monster letting Olgierd die :p

Geralt doesn't concern himself with the fate of people he's not likely to snog. ;)

My Geralt was a man of the people, unless the people were annoying then accidents happened

Finishing this game was really a huge low point for my year last year. Really hard to find a game that motivates me and keeps me reeled in like Witcher did. Hopefully Cyberpunk comes soon :(

My Geralt always take the peasants' coin too. He doesn't gaf about your sob story. He just made your life a whole lot easier by doing whatever you needed done so cough up. Bloody peasants!
he doesn't just take their coin, he takes their everything. Imagine being a peasant in Velen and some white haired freaky eyed dude wanders into your house and just ransacks it. Takes your silver forks, your gold rings, your leftover wood, any food you happen to have, and then wanders out again. What do you do? That's right, sweet * all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he doesn't just take their coin, he takes their everything. Imagine being a peasant in Velen and some white haired freaky eyed dude wanders into your house and just ransacks it. Takes your silver forks, your gold rings, your leftover wood, any food you happen to have, and then wanders out again. What do you do? That's right, sweet **** all
LOL yep. Even the empty bottles and broken rakes!

Something else I love is when Geralt comes across one of those travelling merchants who invariably have * all to sell and * all coin and the conversation goes;

Merchant: Huh?
Geralt: Show me what you've got.
<Merchant has * all>
Geralt: Heh! Farewell.

I love the dismissive 'Heh!' as if to say 'wtf call yourself a merchant? Laters lol'

This is part of my long-running theory that people who make games must be really dumb.

Why can't I save during the mission "Battle of Kaer Morhen"? Dont give me a 30 minute cutscene ridden battle and lock me into it, I need to ******* leave.

Just reinstalled on my new HD. Already played the main game through on Normal, after that I did Death March! and when the expansions came out, my difficulty got changed back to Normal so I haven't done the expansions on Death March! yet. That's my new goal.

The first 5 levels are the hardest, in my opinion. After that it gets a little easier.

I finally got the grandmaster flash griffen armour and sword set. 40% Bigger yrdens are going to be fun. Cleaned me out of coin though. Good thing I had enough armour and weaponary to equip a small army in my stash.

Are you burning everything in sight with an Igni build? Did you get the euphoria mutation yet?

Are you burning everything in sight with an Igni build? Did you get the euphoria mutation yet?
I had the eruption enchantment on some chest armour so enemies that die with igni explode and set others nearby alight. That was cool but I'm just rying out a few others before I decide what to do with the gm griffin chest armour.

Haven't even finished the quest where the whole mutagen thing is expanded yet. It's great that there's still new stuff to do this far in.

I had the eruption enchantment on some chest armour so enemies that die with igni explode and set others nearby alight. That was cool but I'm just rying out a few others before I decide what to do with the gm griffin chest armour.

Haven't even finished the quest where the whole mutagen thing is expanded yet. It's great that there's still new stuff to do this far in.

The centipedes you have to fight during the mutations quest are some of the most annoying enemies in the game. It's worth doing though. Euphoria mutation is OP.

The centipedes you have to fight during the mutations quest are some of the most annoying enemies in the game. It's worth doing though. Euphoria mutation is OP.
Finished the mutagen quest last night. Didn't find the centipedes too bad. Yrden worked a charm. The ones that s**t me are those bloody Archespores. Had to google the portal maze too as i was a few beers in and couldn't work out wtf I was meant to be doing. I went the magic sensibilities route rather than euphoria. Seems to suit my Geralt better.

Finished the mutagen quest last night. Didn't find the centipedes too bad. Yrden worked a charm. The ones that s**t me are those bloody Archespores. Had to google the portal maze too as i was a few beers in and couldn't work out wtf I was meant to be doing. I went the magic sensibilities route rather than euphoria. Seems to suit my Geralt better.

I think euphoria gives you more damage than MS if you're doing a signs build. Are you using golden oriole vs the archespores?

Back