Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the Uni break I put a lot of time into this finally and have just hit 100 hours last night and finished the main story. Now I'm getting stuck into Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. I can easily say now this is my favourite game of all time. The fact I can put nearly 100 hours into it and only just finish the main quest line (which I was very happy with my ending) with 2 DLCs to play is mind boggling. I think I wasted at least 10 hours just playing Gwent. I became addicted at one stage there.

I only have 4 main gripes with this:

1. The loading times but I understand it is necessary for an open world this big.
2. The summary of the part of the main quest you are up to when you load the game or travel between areas. Completely unnecessary and annoying.
3. The combat is pretty boring after a while. Cast quen, parry, counter, parry, counter, parry, counter, kill. Or if they have a shield it is just a matter of spamming heavy attacks. The crossbow also feels rather pointless and the only time I use it is if I am underwater.
4. The having to complete quests around the suggested level or you get hardly any experience. There is no way to be able to do them as well as exploring the map.

Other than that, this game is fantastic. I do want to play it on PC one day and have a look at some mods.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Over the Uni break I put a lot of time into this finally and have just hit 100 hours last night and finished the main story. Now I'm getting stuck into Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. I can easily say now this is my favourite game of all time. The fact I can put nearly 100 hours into it and only just finish the main quest line (which I was very happy with my ending) with 2 DLCs to play is mind boggling. I think I wasted at least 10 hours just playing Gwent. I became addicted at one stage there.

I only have 4 main gripes with this:

1. The loading times but I understand it is necessary for an open world this big.
2. The summary of the part of the main quest you are up to when you load the game or travel between areas. Completely unnecessary and annoying.
3. The combat is pretty boring after a while. Cast quen, parry, counter, parry, counter, parry, counter, kill. Or if they have a shield it is just a matter of spamming heavy attacks. The crossbow also feels rather pointless and the only time I use it is if I am underwater.
4. The having to complete quests around the suggested level or you get hardly any experience. There is no way to be able to do them as well as exploring the map.

Other than that, this game is fantastic. I do want to play it on PC one day and have a look at some mods.
If I remember correctly you can respec in Blood and Wine using a special potion. I played on PC and used debug mode to do it so I could easily try new builds.

Quen is the most boring sign and I resolved to never use it in both this and Witcher 2. The most fun I had was with the enhanced AoE freezing Aard.

I think the worst part of the game are the ridiculous amount of useless treasure caches. They got quite boring after a short time.

Saw someone rumour that on a Witcher fan page about 2 months back on facebook and get absolutely berated. Interesting choice. Cant wait for the show. Reckon it will feed a lot of the hunger of the GOT fans after that finishes up

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Kate Beckinsale would be prefect for Yen

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yen is 100 in Witcher 3

I also did not realise Beckinsale was 45
and still hot as *

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They’ve made a bed for their backs casting Cavill. They’ll have to go young with Yenn. No older than early thirties IMO.

Not a bad thing for longevity sake if it’s a success.

Yen is older than Geralt anyway, but Cobie Smulders would be a good fit Cavill is 35 she is 36.

One thing is for sure considering the book/games Polish heritage and the production company being Polish at least one of the main roles will be a Polish person

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Yen is older than Geralt anyway, but Cobie Smulders would be a good fit Cavill is 35 she is 36.

One thing is for sure considering the book/games Polish heritage and the production company being Polish at least one of the main roles will be a Polish person

Sure but she’s uses magic to stay beautiful. I think Beckinsale would have been perfect 10 years ago.

Though I think you need someone whose a very capable actor too. Moreso than Cavill.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they go an unknown or Polish like you said.

Sure but she’s uses magic to stay beautiful. I think Beckinsale would have been perfect 10 years ago.

Though I think you need someone whose a very capable actor too. Moreso than Cavill.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they go an unknown or Polish like you said.

And the Polish government love to tip money into things like this considering how much they have given to CDPR, wouldn't surprise me if they do with this on the proviso that a certain % of the cast/crew is Polish

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Not that she isn't hot, but I don't think she has the right look to play Yen

I wonder if there is a potential requirement for nudity attached to the Yen role. That would probably rule out a few actors.
Does Netflix do nudity? If it were an HBO show it would be a certainty

Not that she isn't hot, but I don't think she has the right look to play Yen

Does Netflix do nudity? If it were an HBO show it would be a certainty

Yep. Altered Carbon had plenty including full frontal.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I wonder if there is a potential requirement for nudity attached to the Yen role. That would probably rule out a few actors.

Good point. Makes me think of Alexandra Daddorio. Did nudity in True Detective is 32 so has time with the role and those eyes.

images

Back