Premium Platinum
Aug 19, 2009
On board the Cam train
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
ok good call might go and do the barron part tomorrow when i get home from work
You should be okay in the early part of the game. I think you get about 5 levels or something before you start losing XP. It is also impossible IMO to complete all the quests and not have some where you are just so far ahead in level that you don't get any XP.

Out of curiosity, did you get the expansion packs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
For me, I think, it is. Seminal.

I was watching something about Cyberpunk and they were playing Witcher music and it was so ******* evocative I wanted to sob with joy
On occasion I'll boot up Witcher 3 and just ride around listening to the music. Few other games make me feel anything when I return to them like this one does.

Beerfish

Bless
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
I only got a PS4 for RDR2 but decided to buy a bunch of games and this one one of them. Just started playing it as well.
This was me too except I bought it for the vr. Hadn't played a game for a few years. Asked the guy at jb for some selections and this game was one of them. I didn't even realise it was an old game at the time because I bought the goty edition with the expansions so it was still about $60 I think.

MMAPride Scott

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
You should be okay in the early part of the game. I think you get about 5 levels or something before you start losing XP. It is also impossible IMO to complete all the quests and not have some where you are just so far ahead in level that you don't get any XP.

Out of curiosity, did you get the expansion packs?
no but Im guessing I will, when I finish that how it works ?

dirty2

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2016
North of you.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
You don't need to but you need to be a pretty high level to start them which pretty much means the end of the main story. They are both great (particularly Blood and Wine) so it is worth getting them at some stage.
Dont start a expansion quest until you have finished the main story!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MMAPride Scott

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
phew i followed the witch after seeing the barron, think I got my self in way deeper than expected. had a bit of trouble seeing the golem off now im having trouble with the member of the wild hunt left behind. prob have another crack after the footy. id be wanted to crack some skulls by then lol

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
phew i followed the witch after seeing the barron, think I got my self in way deeper than expected. had a bit of trouble seeing the golem off now im having trouble with the member of the wild hunt left behind. prob have another crack after the footy. id be wanted to crack some skulls by then lol
That's a tough fight early. This game gets significantly easier as you level up, even on the hardest difficulty it feels fairly 'normal' by the end.

Atavistic

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
For the Gwent lovers, what sort of deck size do you guys have? I used to think having a deck as large as possible was best, but now I've cut mine down to size and am doing better.

gaskin

Premium Platinum
Aug 19, 2009
On board the Cam train
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
It's not so much about deck size but having a good strategy. As is the case with any card game, if your deck has too many cards, you run the risk of drawing s**t cards. It's been a while since I have played but IIRC my deck size is usually somewhere around about 25-30 but I could be off.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I agree re: having it too big. I kept drawing s**t cards so I tried to keep it as small as possible. Loading up on spies and decoys means you'll be able to get most of your good cards out.

jwikked

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be honest I don't even think you'll be the required level for the first expansion until you finish the base game anyway.
Although the start is probably the hardest part, if you do start the first expansion before finishing the main quest, you'll get a few bonus dialogue options with the main characters. Nothing huge, but maybe it's worth seeing.

Top Bottom