Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ok good call might go and do the barron part tomorrow when i get home from work

You should be okay in the early part of the game. I think you get about 5 levels or something before you start losing XP. It is also impossible IMO to complete all the quests and not have some where you are just so far ahead in level that you don't get any XP.

Out of curiosity, did you get the expansion packs?

I still love riding the reactions from those only just picking this up now. Genuine GOAT contender.
For me, I think, it is. Seminal.

I was watching something about Cyberpunk and they were playing Witcher music and it was so ******* evocative I wanted to sob with joy

For me, I think, it is. Seminal.

I was watching something about Cyberpunk and they were playing Witcher music and it was so ******* evocative I wanted to sob with joy

On occasion I'll boot up Witcher 3 and just ride around listening to the music. Few other games make me feel anything when I return to them like this one does.

Every now and again I'll put The Fields of Ard Skellig on in the background. It is just an amazing piece of music.

The Witcher soundtrack is one of/if not the best of any game.

I only got a PS4 for RDR2 but decided to buy a bunch of games and this one one of them. Just started playing it as well.
This was me too except I bought it for the vr. Hadn't played a game for a few years. Asked the guy at jb for some selections and this game was one of them. I didn't even realise it was an old game at the time because I bought the goty edition with the expansions so it was still about $60 I think.

You should be okay in the early part of the game. I think you get about 5 levels or something before you start losing XP. It is also impossible IMO to complete all the quests and not have some where you are just so far ahead in level that you don't get any XP.

Out of curiosity, did you get the expansion packs?
no but Im guessing I will, when I finish that how it works ?

no but Im guessing I will, when I finish that how it works ?

You don't need to but you need to be a pretty high level to start them which pretty much means the end of the main story. They are both great (particularly Blood and Wine) so it is worth getting them at some stage.

You don't need to but you need to be a pretty high level to start them which pretty much means the end of the main story. They are both great (particularly Blood and Wine) so it is worth getting them at some stage.
well I will def grab them, most likely after finishing story

Dont start a expansion quest until you have finished the main story!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

phew i followed the witch after seeing the barron, think I got my self in way deeper than expected. had a bit of trouble seeing the golem off now im having trouble with the member of the wild hunt left behind. prob have another crack after the footy. id be wanted to crack some skulls by then lol

phew i followed the witch after seeing the barron, think I got my self in way deeper than expected. had a bit of trouble seeing the golem off now im having trouble with the member of the wild hunt left behind. prob have another crack after the footy. id be wanted to crack some skulls by then lol

That's a tough fight early. This game gets significantly easier as you level up, even on the hardest difficulty it feels fairly 'normal' by the end.

For the Gwent lovers, what sort of deck size do you guys have? I used to think having a deck as large as possible was best, but now I've cut mine down to size and am doing better.

It's not so much about deck size but having a good strategy. As is the case with any card game, if your deck has too many cards, you run the risk of drawing s**t cards. It's been a while since I have played but IIRC my deck size is usually somewhere around about 25-30 but I could be off.

To be honest I don't even think you'll be the required level for the first expansion until you finish the base game anyway.

Although the start is probably the hardest part, if you do start the first expansion before finishing the main quest, you'll get a few bonus dialogue options with the main characters. Nothing huge, but maybe it's worth seeing.

Back