Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have never played this game. Just seems too big for me to even bother.

You should bother. I was the same but I gave it a go and it did not disappoint.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
You must hate those games where you can only save at particular save points

It depends on the sort of game. I'm currently playing through Far Cry New Dawn and I'm happy with the auto save. It's when I play games like Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher etc where I hate losing progress. Games like Fallout I've got a bad habit of save scumming that I really need to stop doing.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It depends on the sort of game. I'm currently playing through Far Cry New Dawn and I'm happy with the auto save. It's when I play games like Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher etc where I hate losing progress. Games like Fallout I've got a bad habit of save scumming that I really need to stop doing.

I only get and hour or so to play a night, so seems counterproductive to spend time tracking back through stuff i have already done

ill definatley be spamming F5 from now on haha

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I finally started this after buying it back in 2016. I can't believe I put it off for so long. I've just arrived in Velen and I don't really wanna stop playing. Hard as hell to explore when you are a low level character though.

I remember when I started playing this for the first time a couple of years ago and a number of people who had played it in the past were saying how they wish they could play it again from the start.

I am now one of those people.

I finally started this after buying it back in 2016. I can't believe I put it off for so long. I've just arrived in Velen and I don't really wanna stop playing. Hard as hell to explore when you are a low level character though.

You should still be right with that first area and most of the left side of the map. Don't go near the bottom yet as you will get f***** up big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I've found the map isn't as daunting as it looks, ill often see a quest marker pop up and think ts gonna take ages to ride there, but in reality its only a few minutes.

About to go finds the witches in the bog, trying to finish off the bloody baron ASAP, cant stand him!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I've found the map isn't as daunting as it looks, ill often see a quest marker pop up and think ts gonna take ages to ride there, but in reality its only a few minutes.

About to go finds the witches in the bog, trying to finish off the bloody baron ASAP, cant stand him!

When you're done with the Bloody Baron quest line feel free to tell us how it ended for you. And make sure to whack it spoiler tags :p

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So I ended up freeing the whispering hillock, something seemed off about it but i figured it knew about the orphans in swamp, so it must be somewhat OK. Not sure how I feel about the decision in the end, I suppose its just a sad story with a sad ending. But at least the orphans survived!

The game tries to change your perception of the Baron (if you listen to his side of the story) but at the end of the day, his actions drove Anna away into a fate she didn't deserve

This game is incredible, i cant remember the last time I played something where the dialogue just sucked me in, I want to listen to everything. The voice acting is almost perfect, little things like a sigh before saying something or a pause for effect makes so much difference to story telling.

Too bad roach handles like a truck...

Can you imagine what Cyberpunk is going to be like!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
So I ended up freeing the whispering hillock, something seemed off about it but i figured it knew about the orphans in swamp, so it must be somewhat OK. Not sure how I feel about the decision in the end, I suppose its just a sad story with a sad ending. But at least the orphans survived!

The game tries to change your perception of the Baron (if you listen to his side of the story) but at the end of the day, his actions drove Anna away into a fate she didn't deserve

This game is incredible, i cant remember the last time I played something where the dialogue just sucked me in, I want to listen to everything. The voice acting is almost perfect, little things like a sigh before saying something or a pause for effect makes so much difference to story telling.

Too bad roach handles like a truck...

Can you imagine what Cyberpunk is going to be like!

I freed the spirit, the village near the crones got destroyed, Anna was turned into a water hag and the Baron hung himself. At this point I paused the game and put the controller down and had to have a think about it all. The Baron was awful but believable not in a usual video game sort of way. When I found him hanging I sympathised him in a way.

There is some brilliant story telling in this game. The Bloody Baron line is probably one of the best, but there are many others to come. Quests like that may leave you feeling a bit gutted depending on your outcome, but there are some really fun and quirky quests too that might even make you laugh.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I freed the spirit, the village near the crones got destroyed, Anna was turned into a water hag and the Baron hung himself. At this point I paused the game and put the controller down and had to have a think about it all. The Baron was awful but believable not in a usual video game sort of way. When I found him hanging I sympathised him in a way.

There is some brilliant story telling in this game. The Bloody Baron line is probably one of the best, but there are many others to come. Quests like that may leave you feeling a bit gutted depending on your outcome, but there are some really fun and quirky quests too that might even make you laugh.

I briefly sympathised as well but then realised he was actually a pretty nasty bloke.

There a still a few things unanswered for me:

1. Geralt said the witches got rid of Anna's baby for her, hence the debt. I thought the baron caused the miscarriage?
2. Who/what was the spirit in the tree, how is it related to the story? will we see it again?
3. What the hell is that thing the baron won in the game of cards!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I briefly sympathised as well but then realised he was actually a pretty nasty bloke.

There a still a few things unanswered for me:

1. Geralt said the witches got rid of Anna's baby for her, hence the debt. I thought the baron caused the miscarriage?
2. Who/what was the spirit in the tree, how is it related to the story? will we see it again?
3. What the hell is that thing the baron won in the game of cards!

The full answer to one should be in the Wiki. There are a few layers to the story https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Anna_Strenger

The tree spirit was trapped there by the Crones. It doesn't have anything to do with the Baron but it had a grudge against the Crones which is why you end up crossing paths with it during that quest. Unfortunately it also means there is no real good ending to the quest for both the Baron's family a d the orphans.

Not sure what you mean about what did he take? Was it during Gwent? Because he gives a unique card if you beat him. Otherwise if he dies it can be found in his study.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The full answer to one should be in the Wiki. There are a few layers to the story https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Anna_Strenger

The tree spirit was trapped there by the Crones. It doesn't have anything to do with the Baron but it had a grudge against the Crones which is why you end up crossing paths with it during that quest. Unfortunately it also means there is no real good ending to the quest for both the Baron's family a d the orphans.

Not sure what you mean about what did he take? Was it during Gwent? Because he gives a unique card if you beat him. Otherwise if he dies it can be found in his study.

sorry should have clarified, i meant UMA. apparently the baron won him in a game of cards in Novigrad haha

Back