Streaming The Witcher

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

It was fun to watch the new Little Women and see how simple visual indicators and match cuts can make following a non-linear timeline fluid and concise.

Were they trying to hide the differing timelines though, and almost make it feel like a reveal?
Not sure what the point of that would be given they will have known a fairly large percentage of their audience have read the books

I think they tried not to have too much exposition and forgot about putting in something (be that transitions, costume or cinematography) to better indicate differing timelines

Were they trying to hide the differing timelines though, and almost make it feel like a reveal?

There are plenty of clues that there are different timelines.
You just need to pay attention.

When did you think the reveal occurred?

It was obvious that the Geralt story line began years before the Ciri one once he went to the banquet and met the queen and her daughter, for example.

In the first episode Ciri says to her grandma "You won your first battle when you were my age"

Then later Renfri says to Geralt "queen calanthe just won her first battle"

Last edited:
In the first episode Ciri says to her grandma "You won your first battle when you were my age"

Then later Renfri says to Geralt "queen calanthe just won her first battle"
I do think it’s one of those shows that viewers are going to enjoy more the second or even third time round. I picked up the differing timelines when it was obvious in episode 4, but when I eventually rewatch it I’ll be keeping a close eye on those little reveals that I now know are in the first few episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed it, it was a bit clunky at times and timelines were tricky to follow but there were a couple of cracking episodes in there. Has potential. Superman was superb.
So are a lot of fantasy series first seasons, like Vikings & GoT it'll grow into it's own with actors filling into their roles gradually, bigger budgets for sets, CGI, costumes etc, gritty evolved story etc.

It'll fill out great.

I don't think spoilers are necessary for that image. Its all stuff I'm pretty sure you could work out from watching the show and paying close attention, and the show has been out for a few weeks now

Stuff from the books should be in spoiler tags though imo

As one who only has say 20 mins in Witcher, watched the Wild Hunt intro video and has read no books, only one I flipped was the assassination by scorpion ant thing and eleven skullduggery, so yeah, easy to follow if you're looking at "markers" to place events since it was obvious to me early on that there's some time distortion happening with events.

Blew my goddamn mind when Triss wasn't a redhead though...

The scenes that Jaskier was in were in the "recent" past. He is also fairly prominent in the actual saga of The Witcher
Cool, was just looking at the timeline above. He really should have aged a bit between the elves capture and the dragon quest. There's roughly 15 or so years in between. Not going to get too hung up over it though, just thinking out loud. :)

Cool, was just looking at the timeline above. He really should have aged a bit between the elves capture and the dragon quest. There's roughly 15 or so years in between. Not going to get too hung up over it though, just thinking out loud. :)

i haven't read the books but i read on Reddit that it is heavily implied that Jaskier uses aging potions to look younger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back