The Woe is me Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure I have heard a bigger bunch of whiners in regards to the state of our great club. You reckon we had won 3 wooden spoons in a row. Seriously some of you are starting to sound like Essendon supporters. Opinions are great, challenging the club is great but the constant whinging is becoming more than tedious.
Floreat Pica
spot on, they are nothing but closet Carlton supporters

Missing Cameron really hurt, because it seems we were late to the party, and didn't push hard enough. Let's see if we can be bold with someone like Hogan or Ben Brown.

We also need to really work on our midfield, find some ground level support up forward, and bring in some classy users. Perhaps Kelly and Bianco can fill the void in some regards, but I'd still like us to take some punts.

This year felt like a wasted opportunity. Yes we were unlucky, but some of the pain was self-inflicted.

Let's revisit this in a few weeks once trade week is over. I am really hopeful we'll be aggressive. If we roll out the same list next year, I am afraid I'll be pretty pessimistic about the off-season and fear we'll just be a mid-range team again.

fremantle will want as much as they can get for hogan and, as he is on the last year of his contract, and I suspect that he is expecting to get about the same money from his next club. do you really want us to trade a draft pick or a player for hogan? Longmuir might want another player from our backline and wouldnt be willing to take the equivalent of hogan from the pies. he'd have his eye on someone good.

remember the last "punt"? Daniel Wells.... a free hit - although the salary wasnt free. A broken player like Hogan. I got a case of deja vu.

Ben Brown has been fairly one-dimensional during his time at north. Again, he is a player on big money and the roos wouldnt be giving him away.

i agree that we need to be innovative and would love to see some of the lower picks go on indigenous players.... and by the way, the Neville Jetta thing is extremely puzzling to me.

forget about it. ...lets move on

I see three different posters.

Glass half full, glass half empty and those who criticise people for having a view one way or the other.

Express yourself how you want, why should I care?
You forgot the glass half full of LSD posters. The latter of those 3 types you describe is by far the worst type. The poster who posts about other people’s postings. .. cos ... it’s not wot they’d do😂😂.

Not that I care either or wish to criticise them for expressing their stupidly annoying viewpoints and exposing the low iq. It all adds to the diaspora I guess.
Not that this post is a tad hypocritical of me either...what I’m saying is clearly valid.. unlike everyone who feels, thinks or expresses differently to me.. clearly they are sad sack nut job sociopathic narcissists.
Know what I mean? Koocoocachoo?

That would indicate that they actually have a clue.
Obviously, I have no clue how to run a professional football club.

I would imagine that there would be plenty of successful businessmen or women who are passionate Collingwood supporters and have the skillset and contacts to perform the role, whithout making racist & mysoginist comments.

Preferably, someone who doesnt think they should have the job for life, like Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-Un, Eddie McGuire etc.

Well, we do have some fans undeterred by not upgrading the list and nobody being accountable for anything that happens. And when you think about it, that’s pretty cool.

How’s that?
The usual backhanded fake positive post your type specializes in - no surprise to me or skin of my nose.

fremantle will want as much as they can get for hogan and, as he is on the last year of his contract, and I suspect that he is expecting to get about the same money from his next club. do you really want us to trade a draft pick or a player for hogan? Longmuir might want another player from our backline and wouldnt be willing to take the equivalent of hogan from the pies. he'd have his eye on someone good.

remember the last "punt"? Daniel Wells.... a free hit - although the salary wasnt free. A broken player like Hogan. I got a case of deja vu.

Ben Brown has been fairly one-dimensional during his time at north. Again, he is a player on big money and the roos wouldnt be giving him away.

i agree that we need to be innovative and would love to see some of the lower picks go on indigenous players.... and by the way, the Neville Jetta thing is extremely puzzling to me.

forget about it. ...lets move on
Fmd, let's just keep doing what we have been doing, who should we target then?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts that contain personal attacks and insults.

The mod team is very appreciative of the tet-a-tets and your other efforts to keep us productive during lockdown.

Cheers, J :peace:
Cheers jathanas any remotely positive thread is mobbed by those intent on attacks on the club.
I would say why can't they have a dedicated thread for their gripes - but that's been tried hasn't it?
With mass coordinated protests and attacks until the mods gave in.
Now every thread is infested with it.
Thanks from that those of us not determined to find fault with any little thing the club does we truly appreciate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers jathanas any remotely positive thread is mobbed by those intent on attacks on the club.
I would say why can't they have a dedicated thread for their gripes - but that's been tried hasn't it?
With mass coordinated protests and attacks until the mods gave in.
Now every thread is infested with it.
Thanks from that those of us not determined to find fault with any little thing the club does we truly appreciate it.

I hear you Jon, one only has to visit the match day thread (even when we're winning) to appreciate the negative slant you refer to.

If an opinion is on-topic, constructive, and avoids abuse than it can be critical. They are the rules of the forum.

It's OK as long as it's balanced out long term. It makes for healthy (but not always happy) discussion.

We do note that there are posters that never appear to join in the celebrations after a win but always feature prominently after a loss. We know who they are.

We live in a Free Country so People are allowed to say what they think about the Team and we have the Right to Disagree a long as you not being too nasty about it

I hear you Jon, one only has to visit the match day thread (even when we're winning) to appreciate the negative slant you refer to.

If an opinion is on-topic, constructive, and avoids abuse than it can be critical. They are the rules of the forum.

It's OK as long as it's balanced out long term. It makes for healthy (but not always happy) discussion.

We do note that there are posters that never appear to join in the celebrations after a win but always feature prominently after a loss. We know who they are.
I'm sure you do and I'm sure you enforce the rules whenever you can.
The trouble is we both know there are those who have long running vendettas against the club who are cunning enough to skirt the fringes of the rules and their constant baiting incites the merely egocentric and disaffected.

I'm sure you do and I'm sure you enforce the rules whenever you can.
The trouble is we both know there are those who have long running vendettas against the club who are cunning enough to skirt the fringes of the rules and their constant baiting incites the merely egocentric and disaffected.

There’s no vendetta Jon, it’s highly frustrating to be finishing 6th and the clubs that are currently performing better are still able to make list changes to improve the list.

Since the 2018 Grand Final, apart from progression of players like Daicos, IQ etc the list has essentially stood still. It’s hard to cop why we’ve been overpaying for what we have.

There’s no vendetta Jon, it’s highly frustrating to be finishing 6th and the clubs that are currently performing better are still able to make list changes to improve the list.

Since the 2018 Grand Final, apart from progression of players like Daicos, IQ etc the list has essentially stood still. It’s hard to cop why we’ve been overpaying for what we have.
I respectfully disagree - What about Beames, Cameron (of the Darcy variety). And dont forget, we're right into Jetta!!! You're just a Negative Nancy.

It’s a lifetime of ‘not quite’ for we diehard pies fans that wearies the mind. We have been blessed with the odd premiership, but for a once great club (in premiership winning terms) to spend the last 60 odd years being not quite good enough does start to grind.
I grew up in the 70’s-80’s listening to the Saturday arvo games on the radio, crying in my room when we lost a close one, rejoicing when we succeeded in making the big dance time and again. Now I never miss a game, either live or on television. I have no ‘second’ team. I jealously loathe other ‘more successful’ clubs. Why can’t we have a Hawthorn or Geelong and possibly Richmond era of sustained success?
I feel that it’s ok to be a little bitter or upset when frustration gets the better of me and I totally understand why other people feel that way too.
The rose-coloured life would be nice but, for me after 50 years of being a collingwood tragic, it’s just not possible.

I see three different posters.

Glass half full, glass half empty and those who criticise people for having a view one way or the other.

Express yourself how you want, why should I care?
At the moment there's also the glass totally empty posters and the very rare glass totally full posters

We need them all, glass full, half-full, & glass empty. All views add to the tapestry of this place.

The trick is before each of us clicks "Post reply" to ask ourselves if we'd be prepared to say these words in a face to face conversation with Mike Tyson.

1603240508959.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back