Opinion The world according to SEN and the MB

Why is Richmond reigning Premier and top-of-the-ladder-flag-favourites?

• Every other team is crap, the competition is weak

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Our draw has been really easy

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • No injuries

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • We have a good team with good players and a good game plan

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • Dumb luck

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • Umpiring bias

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • An AFL conspiracy involving the desire for 'feel good'stories

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Being an MCG tenant gives us an unfair advantage

Votes: 38 39.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Genuinely interested in people's thoughts here. Please vote in poll and of course your comments are welcome ... (you can vote for more than one option)

I voted MCG tennant, No injuries, and Good team with good gameplan.
At least that's what my mates keep telling me.

Just on the no injuries front, the amount of people who reckon we've been kissed on the d*** with our lack of injuries is starting to bug me.
I keep replying that with our manic game style and constant running and pressuring we "should" be susceptible to soft tissue injuries, but we haven't and for that I credit our strength and conditioning coaches for doing something right... and something right that is clearly better than every other team in the league right now! Pay that team whatever they need to stay together!

We are actually 4-5 goals better than the next best team but people can't admit that just yet so they come up with a range of bullshit excuses. Thats ok though, to quote Ben Shapiro "Facts don't care about your feelings" and the fact is we are reigning Premiers so suck it to 17 other clubs.

I voted on all of them except good game plan because my workmates said Richmond are not good so that must be true, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh heh heh. The umpiring bias one is funny. Last in free kick differential in 2017......last again in 2018.

Yeah.....those umps really love us.
When every other team gets their turn at the top, they all seem to get kissed on the knob by the umpires. When do we get ours?

Although I must admit to being kinda proud that our guys keep winning despite not getting the armchair ride.

I keep replying that with our manic game style and constant running and pressuring we "should" be susceptible to soft tissue injuries, but we haven't and for that I credit our strength and conditioning coaches for doing something right... and something right that is clearly better than every other team in the league right now! Pay that team whatever they need to stay together!

I'm sure a bit of it is luck, but to some extent, you make your own luck. Big kudos to the strength and conditioning team! Underrated factor in our current form.

Perhaps also some credit due to the depth of the list. If someone has a niggle, we don't mess about. We just rest them and bring in another AFL level player, hungry for the opportunity.

Other thing to consider in terms of the media is that both the Bulldogs and Tiges stuffed up their script that the Giants and Suns would be winning all the flags in the next 10 years! The Giants in particular should have 2 cups in the cabinet by now, but they got beat in two prelims ;)

I voted MCG tennant, No injuries, and Good team with good gameplan.
At least that's what my mates keep telling me.

Just on the no injuries front, the amount of people who reckon we've been kissed on the d*** with our lack of injuries is starting to bug me.
I keep replying "suck my dick" to them. :D

Other thing to consider in terms of the media is that both the Bulldogs and Tiges stuffed up their script that the Giants and Suns would be winning all the flags in the next 10 years! The Giants in particular should have 2 cups in the cabinet by now, but they got beat in two prelims ;)
Yep. The Suns have been a complete misfire, and now the Giants - having falling short twice in a row - are having to contend with a long injury list, as well as the realisation that maybe they're not quite the super team that the AFL media has been telling us.

That being said, they'll probably make top 4 again. Although, you never know.

the Giants - having falling short twice in a row - are having to contend with a long injury list, as well as the realisation that maybe they're not quite the super team that the AFL media has been telling us.

Haven't seen them at all this year, but checking this week's in's and out's, I see Patton's playing Ruck, Ryan Griffen's named at FF and Dylan Buckley is getting a game.

None of those things is a good sign.

Back