The World Cup thread

I don’t care much for the Indian cricket team but with respect to the history of human rights and their stance internationally on a political level - this result is amazing and I’m so proud.
To think the anguish this semi final loss will inflict is such a sweet, sweet dose of deserved karma.

Well done to New Zealand. Amazing bowling and fielding. They deserve the win and if any nation needed some international sporting success outside of the all blacks as of late, its definitely them.

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we call this India team underperformers?
Semi-final losses in the last three world cups (x2 50 overs, x1T20) and losing in the final of the champions trophy.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yep well happy with that !
Classic case of not judging one sides total until both sides have batted . Not an easy pitch to bat on, so very mature innings from Williamson & Taylor to ensure we put out a defendable total. On a pitch that nibbled a little and with the ball swinging, well our attack is as good as anyone's

now its up to the noisy neighbours to beat the soap dodgers !

Last edited:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
To be fair, it isn't the Robinson Caruso of English cricket grounds.

They always had a certain quaintness about. That’s disappearing sadly.

I guess it’s happening to our cricket grounds as well. Adelaide and Brisbane changed beyond recognition. WACA gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha. Let's hope Australia are North.

Screenshot_20190711-074918_Twitter.jpg

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Like when Carlton beat Essendon for us - in 99. Can we win the World Cup in England and the premiership again 20 years later?

It was even better ... North then the Storm plus Cricket and Rugby World Cups leading into a home Olympics.

Can't imagine there has been a better year of sport for the Aussies.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't be writing off the Kiwi's.

They're fighters.

yeah traditionally we've been scrappers. But we're lucky this time that I think we have 3 World Class Cricketers which we may not have had in the past( Good cricketers, but not World Class)

Williamson (Obviously)
Taylor who has averaged like nearly 70 in ODI cricket for the last 2-3 years before this world cup ( 2nd only to Kohli)
and Boult

plus got a really good quick in Fergusson (who i read somewhere had been the most consistently quick bowler in International cricket over the last year) who's just starting to up his wicket taking abilities

anyway, just my thoughts.
We wont be favourites no matter who we play, but we couldn't give a sh%t about that

Back