Sport The World Game

Remove this Banner Ad

COMING HOME BABY
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

as much as i dislike the 'its coming home' stuff, it has been a remarkable tournament from them! (not only from an england pov, too).

they seem very relaxed, joking around and just having fun... its a good sign.

croatia will be tough though, could be a very cagey match.

as much as i dislike the 'its coming home' stuff, it has been a remarkable tournament from them! (not only from an england pov, too).

they seem very relaxed, joking around and just having fun... its a good sign.

croatia will be tough though, could be a very cagey match.
I actually said "it's coming home" before the world cup to friends so it's interesting to see it a thing now.

I also thought we could win it beforehand, wish I had money on it now!

I actually said "it's coming home" before the world cup to friends so it's interesting to see it a thing now.

I also thought we could win it beforehand, wish I had money on it now!

'its coming home' was a song in 1996...

my mate from poland originally is a mad football fan, and we chatted up englands chances of a QF at a party in melbourne pre-tournament. once there, anything can happen!

England better move quickly if they want to achieve anything. 5 minutes left to save the campaign but they're far from on top.

Croatia deserved it and outplayed us

both teams had periods of ascendancy in the game. england could have gone in at half time 2/3-0 up. both croatias goals were poachers goals, too. they were excellent in the midfield. it was a game where you could say either team deserved to win it depending on who actually did.

but england outplayed themselves all tournament, so an unexpected semi-final appearance and loss is great, all things considered.

was hoping for a belgium v england final... i love KDB and kompany, and could have handled them winning it over england.

france v croatia just feels anti-climactic to me...

england current u-17 and u-21 world champions, and one of the youngest squads at this world cup... lot to like. the cards fell their way, results probably flattered them, but some mental demons exorcised.

watch out for england and phil foden 2022...

very impressed with southgate as a manager and person.

both teams had periods of ascendancy in the game. england could have gone in at half time 2/3-0 up. both croatias goals were poachers goals, too. they were excellent in the midfield. it was a game where you could say either team deserved to win it depending on who actually did.

but england outplayed themselves all tournament, so an unexpected semi-final appearance and loss is great, all things considered.

was hoping for a belgium v england final... i love KDB and kompany, and could have handled them winning it over england.

france v croatia just feels anti-climactic to me...
I haven't really had a team in it since Belgium went out. I guess it's hopefully Croatia time for the marginally better story and the French being awfully French.

england current u-17 and u-21 world champions, and one of the youngest squads at this world cup... lot to like. the cards fell their way, results probably flattered them, but some mental demons exorcised.

watch out for england and phil foden 2022...

very impressed with southgate as a manager and person.
If we look at the past does success at u17/u21 level actually translate into success at World Cup level? I wouldn't have thought it would actually have a meaningful impact, just because of the different development trajectories of young athletes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't really had a team in it since Belgium went out. I guess it's hopefully Croatia time for the marginally better story and the French being awfully French.

with the history of nazi chants from croatian players, even the underdog story cant bring me to get behind them. i like griezmann and pavard, lloris too. ill be in frances corner.

If we look at the past does success at u17/u21 level actually translate into success at World Cup level? I wouldn't have thought it would actually have a meaningful impact, just because of the different development trajectories of young athletes.

no guarantees. nigeria are the most successful u-17 team in the world i believe.

but a good youth system can only be a good thing. its hardly a handicap, so you'd have to say while development can stagnate, you'd rather have successful youth teams with promising talent than the opposite.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back