(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate

scumbagg
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Fighting Furies
Hi Chief . Can we please have a restart of the old server? It's lagging a whole bunch, and Hate also reckons maybe just the old turn it off and on again trick might help.
You could also try blowing on the cartridge as well, Chief!

There is patch notes for the pre-release 1.14.3 which should be coming out soon that address the mob cap issue and indicated 'performance improvements' so hopefully that will help a bit.

Chief

110% sass!
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Chief the server has been super laggy today. Wondering if restarting it could help pls
It's getting to the point where Minecraft has overtaken price drops for resources. They're hogging more system resources faster than the price is dropping.

It's actually getting pretty expensive to run these servers so we are looking at ways to get around this. The servers will be a bit hit and miss this week at least until we work it out.

TechFerret

Admin
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's getting to the point where Minecraft has overtaken price drops for resources. They're hogging more system resources faster than the price is dropping.

It's actually getting pretty expensive to run these servers so we are looking at ways to get around this. The servers will be a bit hit and miss this week at least until we work it out.
When we can get to it we're going to switch to spot instances - we can get more bang (ie more memory and CPU) for less buck. Ahead of that though are some system upgrades this week for BigFooty before the weekend.

Hate

scumbagg
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Fighting Furies

No worries. The fact we even have a server to play on is greatly appreciated, and you probably are not thanked enough - so thank you. If the cost gets too out of hand, I can probably chip on something every now and again, when I can.

Minecraft 1.14.3 has been released tonight which appears to have a lot of fixes that hopefully improves the load and performance.

TechFerret

Admin
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
No worries. The fact we even have a server to play on is greatly appreciated, and you probably are not thanked enough - so thank you. If the cost gets too out of hand, I can probably chip on something every now and again, when I can.

Minecraft 1.14.3 has been released tonight which appears to have a lot of fixes that hopefully improves the load and performance.

As a sweetener we have installed 1.14.3 just now. Hopefully that gives you a better experience until we can upgrade the server further (probably over the weekend or by next week).

Regards, TF

Mobbs

A Large Portion, Yes
Nov 1, 2000
www.footypedia.com/qooty
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Also happy to contribute to the cost of the servers if it's helpful. It shouldn't be this difficult for Minecraft to run. a 50,000 block breadth of exploration is pretty small-fry for a multiplayer server. I'll do anything required to keep it running. It's the only world I give a tinkers cuss about existing in.

Mobbs

A Large Portion, Yes
Nov 1, 2000
www.footypedia.com/qooty
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Oh and I am still VERY keen on learning how to download a copy of the map. The render distance is too restrictive to get any good video or screenshots anymore. I can't get an entire football ground into view, the far side unrenders. It seems to be about 6 chunks max (probably in order to save on memory hit). On single-player running off my PC I should be able to get 32 chunks and can still create media from the world using a download snapshot.
Google drive? Dropbox? Torrent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom