Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

My horse Wheildon poking it's nose through the wall to perve on me while I file away banners stolen from the End:
8XwqzVS.png

Just seen that the 1.14 update came out last month. I've been keen to get back on and play again once it was finally out. Some real neat additions.

Any chance, when you have some free time you could please upgrade the server Chief?
Will do.

Just seen that the 1.14 update came out last month. I've been keen to get back on and play again once it was finally out. Some real neat additions.

Any chance, when you have some free time you could please upgrade the server Chief?

Oh, he's already done it. RIP my mending book production project :D

Time to reformat our NPC villages!

Iron farms will need a massive revamp! But note you can now put redstone dust on glass wooo

The main difference with NPCs now is that they like to have a bed and a workstation each to function, and doors ... not so much.

Hints for anyone wanting bamboo but can't find a new jungle : try fishing : bamboo is one of the fishing loots. Pretty rare, and maybe (dunno for sure) the fishing needs to be done in a jungle biome.

Confirmed, finding bamboo with fishing needs to be within water body in jungle biomes only.
Alternatives: roam for previously unloaded jungle, or kill a panda (also in a previously unloaded jungle)
Maybe we can do something with deleting existing chunks (unoccupied) to respawn them.

Maybe we can do something with deleting existing chunks (unoccupied) to respawn them.
Maybe true. There's a pretty awesome editing tool that does this. It's quite new and should be robust. I'll look for it and let you know.

We have no server now :D

The new update came with some pretty nasty bugs (mob cap broken, apparently torch-lighting) and some massive lag increases (these are all reported web-wide as 1.14 issues), but I wasn't expecting the server to completely implode hahahaha

I was trying to find out why raids wouldn't happen even though the countdown bar had finished. Hate was online too. The lag just started spiking worse and worse, and eventually connection dropped out altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to be sure to alert Chief at the earliest possible moment a new snapshot gets released into the system. The bugs are making the game close to unplayable (this isn't lag, this is issues with 1.14). I can't be certain the next release (due next week) will even address these issues as they seem to only affect a small number of people (according to online), but maybe they will.

Yes ^ Server 2 went down yesterday evening as stupidlikeafox said, and a few hours later, the older server went under again too. Hate and i were talking in-game about how laggy it was (and how Hate was being attacked by hundreds of thousand of op-spawning pigmen for no valid reason).

For our old server, if it is truly somehow struggling to run because of it's size (I thought Minecraft only accessed active chunks at a time ... ?) then maybe we could split it into two? (Don't know if it's possible) By this I mean, can the server by copied into 2 servers, and in one, delete everything south of the larger spawn area (maybe from Z=500 and +) to form a Spawn-to-Sweet server, and another where Everything north of Mirakzul's island (about Z=-1500 and -) to form an original spawn etc server. Don't know if it's possible.

Alternatively, the tool that was showcased in the video above, can be used to trim unused chunks. I would like to be able to offer input into what is reset as I have a pretty good awareness of chunks which have been explored but not used for anything.

Chief

Last edited:
Yes ^ Server 2 went down yesterday evening as stupidlikeafox said, and a few hours later, the older server went under again too. Hate and i were talking in-game about how laggy it was (and how Hate was being attacked by hundreds of thousand of op-spawning pigmen for no valid reason).

For our old server, if it is truly somehow struggling to run because of it's size (I thought Minecraft only accessed active chunks at a time ... ?) then maybe we could split it into two? (Don't know if it's possible) By this I mean, can the server by copied into 2 servers, and in one, delete everything south of the larger spawn area (maybe from Z=500 and +) to form a Spawn-to-Sweet server, and another where Everything north of Mirakzul's island (about Z=-1500 and -) to form an original spawn etc server. Don't know if it's possible.

Alternatively, the tool that was showcased in the video above, can be used to trim unused chunks. I would like to be able to offer input into what is reset as I have a pretty good awareness of chunks which have been explored but not used for anything.

Chief
Yes we can talk about that. If you want to set about mapping regions or chunks that can be cleared I can get started when able. Server Guy is off for a few days for surgery.

Yes we can talk about that. If you want to set about mapping regions or chunks that can be cleared I can get started when able. Server Guy is off for a few days for surgery.
The main issue with me giving input is that I can't see the display. Server access rests with you, and I don't even know what the seed # is. If I at least have a seed # I could kind of mock up map images to give you.
I will look through my old screenshots of maps and things and try to produce some ideas for you.

If we completely split the server halfway between Spawn and Sweet, it'll produce a new spawn point probably at Sweet. It might make part of Sweet uneditable.

I don't know what happens with other stuff, maybe it'll generate new strongholds based on the new spawn point. But I doubt it as spawn was moved before and strongholds did not regenerate. This raises the fear that a new server with ONLY Sweet in it might actually be a server without any access to the End.

This is why I am suggesting something that still encompasses spawn, within any separate Sweet server.

Edit: In hindsight, it would probably put strongholds exactly where they currently are, meaning that to access the End from Sweet, we'd still have to travel south to those chunks were the original world used to be. So simply not much point in splitting halfway between the two.

Using a seed mapping program to obtain a map of the entire area for annotation will also be problematic, as the server was built originally in way earlier versions of MC, versions that included super large oceans etc. Taking the seed and slotting it into a map generator would actually create a map based on what the current versions would generate, and the map would simply not represent what we know is there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back