Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

The new server felt quite smooth. The old one where I usually work has lag issues commonly but it's working for me too. I've been there a bit the last few days. But I can't run anything else on my computer at the same time lol.
We will turn off two and run number 1 for now until we get them all on a local machine.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
We will turn off two and run number 1 for now until we get them all on a local machine.
This is done. The whole instance is just running the original Minecraft. We'll bring up both on the new hardware in due course. In the meantime the question is: is it now at a usable state in the interim?

Cheers, TF

This is done. The whole instance is just running the original Minecraft. We'll bring up both on the new hardware in due course. In the meantime the question is: is it now at a usable state in the interim?

Cheers, TF
Works for me. Was laggy at one point but seems to be not too bad now.

Coming up on 4 years of Sweet!

CFV5jZE.gif

Guys ( Chief or TechFerret ) is it possible to get one of those reboot things on the Minecraft server? It's been severely laggy the last 2 or 3 days, I am seeing 3 or 4 sunsets per day! I just closed out for a break. I've been forging on almost nonstop there but I'm happy to stay offline for a bit if you need it clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys ( Chief or TechFerret ) is it possible to get one of those reboot things on the Minecraft server? It's been severely laggy the last 2 or 3 days, I am seeing 3 or 4 sunsets per day! I just closed out for a break. I've been forging on almost nonstop there but I'm happy to stay offline for a bit if you need it clear.
Sure - TF will have a go when he is next on.

It's like the bloody alamo. I don't have Infinity enchantment on the bow, either, as I like having mending on it. Yeah, that's 9 creepers ... you can see the tops of two creeper noggins closer in than the others ... and they can climb up to me too.
View attachment 927893View attachment 927894
Dig in from the top. Drop some TNT.

I placed a line of fenceposts at my feet to keep them away, stepped back and strafed until they called it off. I was just surprised how many had congregated!
Any water flowing in? that's a good way to collect mobs :)

Any water flowing in? that's a good way to collect mobs :)
Haha not in that cave, no. I might have clogged up water flow earlier when seeing it from another vantage (it's under ocean). It's actually attached to an abandoned mine I'd been clearing. In this mine I've already turned 5 closely packed cave spider spawners into a big string farm, and two zombie spawners that are literally 3 blocks apart into a rotten meat farm. There's another zombie dungeon I'm using as a base and a skeleton dungeon I want to exploit later. But for now I was just clearing the region and found this busy little cavern!

I have one cave spider nametagged and parked in a bar where he can serve drinks. His name is Boris the Spider.
2020-08-02_15.13.26.png

Ugh now I have another problem. When I log off, apparently my user data is not saving. When I log back in again, I return to the same old location every time, and my inventory is back how it was at that time.
I did a bit of googling and this is all I could find:

On SMP there will be an equivalent [player].dat named with the player's UUID.

I missed the multiplayer note. Indeed, if this isn't the LAN host, then the lost data would be in the player UUID file.
If this is a hosted server, then the owner needs to investigate why player data isn't being saved.

Thank you, I will talk to my admin
^ that's where I am now :)

Ugh now I have another problem. When I log off, apparently my user data is not saving. When I log back in again, I return to the same old location every time, and my inventory is back how it was at that time.
I did a bit of googling and this is all I could find:

^ that's where I am now :)

Is TechFerret able to fix this?

Suddenly it's updating correctly again. Unsure what happened. Spent a week remembering to put anything I had gained into chests before I logged off to make sure I didn't lose it, and to ditch whatever I could remember I had spent when I returned, because my inventory kept getting reset and I could have gamed it by putting valuables into a chest and then just relogging and repeating to amass them. But now seems ok. DUnno.

Suddenly it's updating correctly again. Unsure what happened. Spent a week remembering to put anything I had gained into chests before I logged off to make sure I didn't lose it, and to ditch whatever I could remember I had spent when I returned, because my inventory kept getting reset and I could have gamed it by putting valuables into a chest and then just relogging and repeating to amass them. But now seems ok. DUnno.
We have moved the server to a new machine, and next week it will move to its new permanent home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back