The worst Bad Beat ever!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

won't spoil it for you..

Ha, I read what you wrote, thought that's considerate, and just before I press play, I read the title on the clip telling me what happens :D

Is this the one that happened at this years Main Event? I remember reading about it in the thread.

Would have been good to see from start of the hand...

I would have put him on a flush...

There is not 1 person in this world that could have got out of that one!

Not on the river perhaps, but I would be curious to know what the betting was before that.

Slow playing the flop (with top set) may be understandable, but the turn requires a heavy bet due to the scary board. The straight flush draw may still have had the odds to call (since the turn bet is mainly aiming to price out the straight and flush draws), but it would be interesting to know how it was played.

Edit: My bad - he was trailing to the nut straight on the turn anyway.

I read somewhere that the betting was 850 PF, 1600 on the turn, and more than 8500 on the river (maybe twice as much, but I don't know).

So even though he was beaten already, the turn bet looks like an underbet with all of the straight and flush potential out there.

There is not 1 person in this world that could have got out of that one!

Exactly. There isn't a player alive who'd fold or check quad aces on the 1-in-a-godzillion chance the guy has KJd.

Even holding his set of aces on the turn, you'd risk the potential flush and straight draws in case the board pairs - and yeah he was behind to the K-high straight going to the river.

It was just a sick hand.

"I love Raymer!"

I watched my mates straight flush get run-over by a royal flush. Cost him about $700.

My mate had 8d, 9d BB and the other bloke had Ad, Kd which he slow played. Board flops 6d, 7d, 10d. Guy bets, mate goes all in, few other people fold, that guy calls. Jd turn, Qd river. From ecstacy to agony for my mate. The other bloke was disgusted after the all-in call and had already grabbed his stuff ready to leave the table.

But the funniest bit was when my mate called the pit boss over about 5 hands later and asked for a paper towel "cos my ass is still bleeding from that royal flush reaming".

The guy who beat him gave him a $100 drink voucher which was good of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back