The WORST performance you've ever seen from your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne in 2010. Just got blown off the park by an ordinary Melbourne side. Think it was 14 goals to 2 at half time.

GWS final last year probably takes the cake now. We went goalless for three quarters from the middle of the first quarter to junk time. Was painful viewing.

Gold Coast last year. What the hell was that?

2014 GF , but the hawks wouldve touched up anyone that day.

2017 against Carlton was insipid too, no fight no leadership. But it did prove to be the nadir and triggered that great run to the finals.

Round 10 2012 vs. Melbourne
This for me too.

2012 vs Melbourne is one of the worst performance I have ever seen. We were 8-1 heading into the match with a percentage of 140. Melbourne were 0-9 with a percentage of 50.

Also 2015 vs St Kilda and Adelaide
Completely gave up in both games. St Kilda and Adelaide weren't THAT good. We just didn't play. From memory, we were only 60 or so points down at 3QT. Lost by 110 and 112.

Last edited:
Round 18, 2000. St. Kilda had just won its second match against Geelong the week before, and West Coast were in appalling form in recent weeks.

Yet, St. Kilda played so badly that in perfect conditions – despite Perth recording that July a historically routine rainfall but one that owing to Australia’s appalling energy policies has not been approached since – the Saints scored 4-5 in four quarters during a season when the next-smallest score was 7-6.

Last edited:

Round 21, 2003 against St Kilda.

The stats say we ‘only’ lost by 65 points but we had kicked one goal to 3/4 time.

Shocking game in the wet and more than anything was devoid of any spirit or fight.

2016 against a very average Collingwood team at home that lost at home to the previous years' wooden spooners the week before.

61-0 down during the second quarter showing absolutely no fight at home to our biggest rival.

Still disgraceful Leppa didn't get the sack straight away after that game

That 2008 MCG match v winless Melbourne.

Was just numb after watching that.

Round 17 1997 v Adelaide at Footy park

Adelaide kicked 51 to 2 points by quarter time, at half time the score was 100-16.

We ended up losing by 137 points.

I remember thinking .. "thank god that's over" only to see the players head back out and realising it was only 3qtr time.

Round 17 1997 v Adelaide at Footy park

Adelaide kicked 51 to 2 points by quarter time, at half time the score was 100-16.

We ended up losing by 137 points.

I remember thinking when the 3qtr time siren went .. "thank god that's over" only to see the players head back out and realising it was only 3qtr time.
At least that game led to Robert Walls getting the sack

Round 1 1987
Loss to the swans by 91 points at Victoria park.
Unbelievably bad performance even allowing for how many young first game players were in the team.

Geez there’s too many...

2008 vs Melbourne

2016 vs Gold Coast Rd 2

2009 Adelaide vs Ryan Murphy

First derby in 2000, 100 plus point thrashing.

Basically all of 2001.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing quite said "the era's over" like that Geelong belting in '08 or whenever it was. Man that was one depressing game.
Dunno, they went on to win 2009 and 2011 so us belting them by 86 really didn’t mean all that much.

186 was bad, purely for the score and the margin, but there’s been so many losses since that have been bigger in the scheme of what was on the line.

Final round of 2017 - lost to Collingwood to miss finals

Several games last year were terrible. The loss to St Kilda by 2 points. Games like that where you just know a loss holds you back so far.

I think he's talking about his own team's era ;)

Aside from the infamous footage of Bomber Thompson eating a sandwich while we got thrashed at home, my overriding memory of that game is Gary Ablett just torching Chad Fletcher on the wing as if he wasn't there. I think most Eagles fans mark that game as the end of the premiership era, officially.

Round: 1 2016

Sydney

Collingwood

Dane Swan's career ended 1 minute into the match.

I have probably seen Collingwood play worse but this one hurt, it sucks when you know your season is toast by halftime of round 1.

Yep - along with the drug story coming out a few days prior to the game.

Also losing to the Lions by 10 goals at the MCG in 2014 I think it was. From memory we ended up with 1 on the bench and had Tony Armstrong play basically a full game after coming on as the sub despite having already played a full VFL game that afternoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back