The WORST performance you've ever seen from your team.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Windy Hill Massacre
138 pt loss vs Geelong
Rounds 21-23 2013
2015 GF

Rounds 21-23 in 2013 were big thrashings marking the end of the Woosha era. Wouldn’t want to revisit these games.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
He finished his career as a respected football player, but that act and the subsequent clapping to the incensed crowd as he jogged off the ground was as scumbag an act as you'll see.

The latter, yeah agreed. The former, I mean, it was bad, but hardly the only time something like that has happened on the field. Was it worse than Wellingham on Simpson, Solomon on Ling, Gaff on Brayshaw, Grinter on Wallace, Plugger on Cavan? I don't think so. The follow up is why Carlton people will never forget it.

That Milburn his is still to this date one of the most cowardly things I've seen in a footy field.

If someone did the same thing outside a nightclub they'd be arrested and charged with assault.
Only bettered by Dean Solomon's hit on Ling that shattered his jaw

Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
That 2014 match against Melbourne where we dedicated it to the late Tom Hafey, and the team didn't bother to show up. We've had plenty of bad losses over the years, especially maulings from Geelong, but that game, that's the one that gets me the most.

zucchini

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That friday night game v Port in 04 or 05, what a disgraceful result 20 goals or more from memory....

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
That Milburn his is still to this date one of the most cowardly things I've seen in a footy field.

If someone did the same thing outside a nightclub they'd be arrested and charged with assault.
I agree with your first sentence - it was awful - but the second doesn't really apply, because it's true of just about any whack on a footy field. I get your point, though.

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with your first sentence - it was awful - but the second doesn't really apply, because it's true of just about any whack on a footy field. I get your point, though.
Yeah I didn’t phrase that like I should’ve - just one of the absolute worst things I’ve seen in my time watching footy.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
vs. Carlton this year has to be up there. To lose to a team on a losing streak, who then sacked their coach 6 weeks later by 50 points is an absolute disaster. I had a sick feeling in my stomach that has basically soured the whole season for me.

This is after losing to Gold Coast at home, so we should have come out fire breathing to ensure it didn't happen again and we set ourselves up for finals.

In terms of half a game this would be up there - sure the Brions were going for the threepeat but halfway through the second quarter Fev slotted a goal to put us up 50 to 16.

We were actually still 1 point ahead at the 15m mark of the 3rd quarter.

In the last quarter and a half the Lions put on a lazy FIFTEEN goals to win by 77 points

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2003/031920030524.html

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
If you want to talk about margins then the round 17 game in 04 when the Lions beat us by 141 points was by far the worst but as in the worst perfomance would have to be the 2017 GF... we were on fire the week before in that prelim.. and we came out in that GF like scared little boys... we bottled it! CHOKED! and the club is still paying for it.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
nothing quite said "the era's over" like that Geelong belting in '08 or whenever it was. Man that was one depressing game.

TRP1996

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
In terms of half a game this would be up there - sure the Brions were going for the threepeat but halfway through the second quarter Fev slotted a goal to put us up 50 to 16.

We were actually still 1 point ahead at the 15m mark of the 3rd quarter.

In the last quarter and a half the Lions put on a lazy FIFTEEN goals to win by 77 points

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2003/031920030524.html

Reminiscent of that time in 2011 Collingwood kicked 11 goals in the last twenty minutes of the game to turn a 23-point deficit into a 43-point win against the Crows.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/010420110522.html

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There has been a few over the years but one in particular was probably against Port Adelaide in 2008. A win would've given us a double chance. Last game of the season. And we got absolutely smoked. We were horrible. Felt like it was a training drill.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Goodes used his "Australia Day" speech to condemn Australian whites, forgetting that, if not for the First Fleet coming and occupying this country, then there would be no VFL, and no game for Goodes to play, and make lots of money off. I think there would have been a few white men who concieved and devised breaking away from the VFA and forming the VFL in 1897, and it going on to being the biggest sport in Australia. So, if not for them, Goodes wouldn't have got the fame, fortune and accolades he ended up getting.

This is the dumbest s**t. Nobody can criticise England because we speak English level dumb.

Back