The WORST performance you've ever seen from your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 11 2014.....Were still a pretty good side that year but got flogged by 110 points to the Swans.

Being a Richmond supporter for over 44 years I've seen some shockers, especially during the 80s, 90s and 2000s, one sticks in my mind is when Richmond got their way through to the Ansett Cup final against Essendon in the early 90s and lost the final to what ended up being the premiership team of that year, Bombers were too good.
Following week after such a promising pre-season the Tiges hosted Adelaide at the MCG in Round 1 and were absolute witches hats and got smacked by about 110 points. Was a disgraceful effort.

Screenshot from 2019-06-07 09-18-17.png
Round 6, 2007. Worst Richmond performance I've ever seen live, and I've followed them since the 80s. We were 9 goals down at quarter time, and after that it got worse.

Such a bad year. We didn't win our first game until Round 12, had three wins for the year, and finished last but didn't get the #1 pick because the AFL awarded a priority pick to Carlton.

Anzac day 2010. The day I knew knights was done

Adelaide and saints losses in 2015. When you knew the players were gone and hird was done

Rd 1&2 This year were an abomination too.
Much doubt around worsfold set in those 2 rounds
The 160 point loss to Hawthorn in 92 gets a fair mention.

Next year you won the flag:drunk:

Anzac Day 2010

I really wanted to leave at quarter time.

Collingwood have probably played worse but 2003 GF sticks out for me. Went in as favourites having beaten Brisbane in the QF (although with no Rocca I maintain Brisbane should have been favourites). It was just one of those days where you knew the team just wasn’t “on” about 10 minutes into the game. Jason Cloke forced to play up forward, Rhyce Shaw’s infamous slip, just horrible given the occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year's PF

Won 19 games for the year, looked to be the dominant team. Were highly consistent, to the point where watching our games became pointless because you knew what was coming. And going into a preliminary final, a shot at B2B beckoning, you'd reckon it's not going to be the game where you don't show up. Perhaps a game where things don't quite come off and the opponent is very good (as they were), and we lose. But to be completely obliterated in the first half? Bitterly disappointing.

There's been worse pure performances. But not many top the disappointment of that.

Last year's PF

Won 19 games for the year, looked to be the dominant team. Were highly consistent, to the point where watching our games became pointless because you knew what was coming. And going into a preliminary final, a shot at B2B beckoning, you'd reckon it's not going to be the game where you don't show up. Perhaps a game where things don't quite come off and the opponent is very good (as they were), and we lose. But to be completely obliterated in the first half? Bitterly disappointing.

There's been worse pure performances. But not many top the disappointment of that.

Likewise, Carlton beating us in the 99 prelim. I still can't watch that match.

Likewise, Carlton beating us in the 99 prelim. I still can't watch that match.
Undoubtedly the most painful. But in terms of woeful capitulations, the Sydney shellacking of 1987, Hawk hammering in 1992, Adelaide annihalation in the 2009 Elimination Final and the 100+ point loss to a mediocre Saints outfit just a few years back were pretty dispiriting.

1998 - Bottom of the ladder Brisbane at Kardinia when a win meant possible finals
2006 - WCE at KP after leading by nearly 10 goals.
2010 - PF vs Collingwood, down 80 something points in the third quarter.
2014 - Losing up the Swans by 110
2015 - Losing to a very average Pies side by 8 goals when a win meant finals
2016 - Letting Sydney kick the first 10 or so goals in a PF

2013 had a couple of rage-worthy performances.
Round 9 2013 - up by 30 midway through the last, Kerridge and Petrenko combine for 4 last quarter goals to steal the win (Sam ******* Kerridge had 6 second half goals)

Round 11 we kicked 4.2 in the first, 4.1 for the following 3 quarters as Gold Coast reeled us in and won

Round 13 we kicked 4.5.29 in Perth (although at least Freo were in beast mode that year).

Round 16 - 5 goals up late in the 3rd quarter v Brisbane, reeled in and lose by 12 .

Hugely frustrating year with some of the worst mentality/leadership I've seen in any team ever. Don't forget NicNat and Bartel and the Carlton game either.

2013 had a couple of rage-worthy performances.
Round 9 2013 - up by 30 midway through the last, Kerridge and Petrenko combine for 4 last quarter goals to steal the win (Sam ******* Kerridge had 6 second half goals)

Round 11 we kicked 4.2 in the first, 4.1 for the following 3 quarters as Gold Coast reeled us in and won

Round 13 we kicked 4.5.29 in Perth (although at least Freo were in beast mode that year).

Round 16 - 5 goals up late in the 3rd quarter v Brisbane, reeled in and lose by 12 .

Hugely frustrating year with some of the worst mentality/leadership I've seen in any team ever. Don't forget NicNat and Bartel and the Carlton game either.
Didn't North Melbourne also choke against West Coast after the siren that year too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back