The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to the breakfast program fairly frequently, my thoughts:

Lyon - I like him but it seems he finds himself borderline hosting it sometimes, which isn't his go I think. Like his input and thoughts on footy
Hame - Rubbish. His jokes are garbage, that 'banter' accent he was putting on was a sackable offence by itself
Watson - Hates Melbourne so he can GAGF
McClure - Talk about tickets on yourself....
Sheahan - Too good for this show

Hamish McLachlan is shocking on SEN.

You can tell Garry cringes everytime he talks and always refers to himself, always name drops people he's had lunch with or been to events with.

Absolute TOFF of the highest order and calling Garry "Gareth" is cringe. You can tell Tim and Garry aren't a fan of his. His too stuck up to be on breakfast radio.

I think its okay but seems to be a bit all over the place like a dogs breakfast at times , not sure the chemistry is there just yet it might once footy season is underway but just needs a little more something , not sure what though

Heard a bit of a replay of the breakfast show last night........my god, Lyon sound like he was drugged up and about to fall asleep!

Talk about muffled, hard to understand.....He does not have a voice for radio.

Switched on and switched off minutes later. That's all I seem to do with SEN these days.:(

Heard a bit of a replay of the breakfast show last night........my god, Lyon sound like he was drugged up and about to fall asleep!

Talk about muffled, hard to understand.....He does not have a voice for radio.

Switched on and switched off minutes later. That's all I seem to do with SEN these days.:(

He always seems to mumble. I thought it was my hearing.

I use to think Mark Allen had us all fooled that he liked to play dumb just to be different than the experts around him.
But today he reinforced why someone created this thread.
When the Oscars stuff up happened he was like a little kid the way he rambled on .
He said that some girl just announced the wrong winner ..Girl ! that girl is faye Dunaway she is about 75 and one of the biggest names in Hollywood.
It was on my phone on twitter seconds after it happened and surely he must have a phone or a laptop in front of him before he rambles on ' that girl' total lack of any want to do research even on the run.
Then a few minutes later he told ox lucky Geelong are not with the TAC because of the Selwood driving incident.
Ox then tells him ' Geelong are with the TAC and are meeting with them soon.
I mean its been in the bloody newspaper and on internet all day.
Doesnt Mark Allen research , read the papers or do any prep work at all or is he just plain dumb?
The Run Home does rate well and SEN say its one of their strongest shows but remember unlike the breakfast there is no Eddie sports , no 3aw no Harford on his new show , nothing really to compete against and maybe SEN might be stunned at how strong the ratings could actually be if they made the hard call.
They seem to be happy to play safe in that 3 to 6 show

Was a couple of years ago now, but I"ll always remember Allen saying he's NEVER been to a McDonalds, not even through the drive thru to buy an icecream for his kids..

I know there are a lot who don't go, but majority would've been at least a couple of times, particularly if you have kids.

Not earth shattering, but I thought was a bit weird for a person who is supposedly worldly wise with all the overseas travel he must've done in his golfing career.

...having said all that though I really don't mind him , but yes, sometimes he says things that makes you raise your eyebrows..

I use to think Mark Allen had us all fooled that he liked to play dumb just to be different than the experts around him.
When the Oscars stuff up happened he was like a little kid the way he rambled on .
He said that some girl just announced the wrong winner ..Girl ! that girl is faye Dunaway she is about 75 and one of the biggest names in Hollywood.
It was on my phone on twitter seconds after it happened and surely he must have a phone or a laptop in front of him before he rambles on ' that girl' total lack of any want to do research even on the run.
Then a few minutes later he told ox lucky Geelong are not with the TAC because of the Selwood driving incident.
Doesnt Mark Allen research , read the papers or do any prep work at all or is he just plain dumb?
The Run Home does rate well and SEN say its one of their strongest shows but remember unlike the breakfast there is no Eddie sports , no 3aw no Harford on his new show , nothing really to compete against and maybe SEN might be stunned at how strong the ratings could actually be if they made the hard call.

Considering the amount of time that SEN invested in Harf, they really shot themselves in the foot. The guy is a natural, and ticks all the boxes. He has clearly been mentored by KB, because he has excellent attention to detail. Perhaps they had no choice. With the coin they must be paying for the breakfast show, they may have little left over. The afternoon show does not get a good lead in with Francis the talking Leach.

Was a couple of years ago now, but I"ll always remember Allen saying he's NEVER been to a McDonalds, not even through the drive thru to buy an ice cream for his kids..
I know there are a lot who don't go, but majority would've been at least a couple of times, particularly if you have kids.
HA. I reckon people say things like that to get attention or a reaction/to get others talking about them. Ernie Sigley used to do it all the time. He once said he'd never seen The Wizard Of Oz. :D His on-air guest exclaimed, "what?!! Really?!! Wow!!" Bingo, there's instant mild notoriety; people are talking about him ("would you believe Ernie has never seen the Wizard of Oz?"), even though it's about something unremarkable.

Contrarians go against the grain because for the same reasons.
So, they keep doing it, even if it means tweaking the truth..
How's my backyard psychology? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bob Murphy calls it quits at the end of the year, then SEN should move quick to sign him up. Suspect a few FM station could be moving pretty quickly.

H
Garry Lyin owns this thread - wish he would **** off back to the rock he crawled out from.
Lyon must have the goods on someone to get back into the media. He is just the most arrogant and useless commentator I have heard. Delighted when he left last year when he disgraced himself (after he and that flog Maher played god on the AFL site) then find he pops up again making stupid statements and getting paid for it..absolute clown!

Been listening to the breakfast program fairly frequently, my thoughts:

Lyon - I like him but it seems he finds himself borderline hosting it sometimes, which isn't his go I think. Like his input and thoughts on footy
Hame - Rubbish. His jokes are garbage, that 'banter' accent he was putting on was a sackable offence by itself
Watson - Hates Melbourne so he can GAGF
McClure - Talk about tickets on yourself....
Sheahan - Too good for this show
You don't think Lyon is full of himself ???

The only one on that list to keep a job should be Watson. The rest are shyte. Sheahan should take KB and retire off into the sunset.

Someone else on here said it best:-

Mark Allen and the Ox are sharing a brain

The drive show is now officially unlistenable. Thank Christ for podcasts. If SEN believe that dumbing down this program is the best way to go ( listening to their talkback callers, they are probably correct ) then they have chosen the perfect pair to carry out the strategy. Both are naturals.

Besides golf mark Allen is like Andrew gaze and basketball.

Both are complete know nothing's.
Zero ability to even know they know nothing

The drive show is now officially unlistenable. Thank Christ for podcasts. If SEN believe that dumbing down this program is the best way to go ( listening to their talkback callers, they are probably correct ) then they have chosen the perfect pair to carry out the strategy. Both are naturals.
At least Ox is a clod but a lovable clod.
Allen is just so in love with himself and knows nothing

Hamish has to be the worst media personality going around. How he gets a job on a weekend breakfast sports show, and a radio gig is beyond belief. He's more interested in talking about what type of dog a player owns, how old they were when they grew their first pube, what's their favourite genre of music, what is their partner going to be wearing on brownlow night, and a bunch of other s**t no one who likes footy actually gives a * about.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back