Other The XFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex-Steelers QB Landry Jones has become the first player to sign a contract with Vince McMahon's revived XFL league.
"We’re excited to welcome Landry to the XFL as our first player and first quarterback," commissioner — and Andrew's father — Oliver Luck said. The league did not announce where Jones will be playing, but it stands to reason it will be Dallas, whose franchise is led by Jones' ex-college coach Bob Stoops. A shaky backup for many years in Pittsburgh, 30-year-old Jones' NFL candle appears to have burned out.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Aug 15, 2019, 2:16 PM ET
*puts on tin foil hat* Andrew Luck retires just as XFL teams are sniffing around pre-season cuts.

Rumoured away uniform of the Tampa Bay Vipers
EF6logfWkAEXnYp.jpg

hes far too hyped too soon.
the league hasnt even started.
premature hype.

I put it down to a lot of yanks are sick of how their sides are getting shafted by the NFL and they want something, anything as long as it is passable.

All these second division leagues should amalgamate instead of fighting for the NFLs scraps.

I put it down to a lot of yanks are sick of how their sides are getting shafted by the NFL and they want something, anything as long as it is passable.

All these second division leagues should amalgamate instead of fighting for the NFLs scraps.
Count me as one of them too. I was rooting for the UFL. The AAFL. Now XFL with it's variety of interesting rules. The NFL needs a rival league that can stand the test of time. The original NFL was so bad and stagnate and the 1960s AFL really helped change so much....racism, aggressive offensive football, broadcast nuances, a litany of things that are all now taken for granted.

The NFL has for the last 10+ years been embroiled in suspicions of cheating, fixing, etc. Mired down again. It really is time for a fire to be lit under it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back