The Young Turks network

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumped the shark with the whole Ben Affleck Sam Harris thing and the interview he performed with Harris was pathetically awful

He is the Bill O'Reilly of the left

54fya5y.jpg

Been watching a bit of these guys online in the run up to the 2016 US elections....mainly because I find Jimmy Dore FAF to be honest.

But this Cenk Uygur chap....am I the only one who can't stand this pompous, sweaty clown?

And his meltdown over American Airlines...WTAF???

General take on the network?
Almost a 10 year subscriber here
Cenk has great political nous and worth listening to

They are heavy on politically correct topics and are part of the regressive left. However, they are free from corporate influence and Cenk is an amazingly good host IMO. On the debit side, Ana Kasparian is highly annoying.

On Youtube I'd also recommend:

Sam Seder
Democracy Now
Thom Hartman
Ed Schultz (fired from MSNBC because he opposes TPP)
Ring of Fire (Mike Papantonio is the best)

They are heavy on politically correct topics and are part of the regressive left. However, they are free from corporate influence and Cenk is an amazingly good host IMO. On the debit side, Ana Kasparian is highly annoying.

On Youtube I'd also recommend:

Sam Seder
Democracy Now
Thom Hartman
Ed Schultz (fired from MSNBC because he opposes TPP)
Ring of Fire (Mike Papantonio is the best)

Listen to all of them often but Democracy Now I listen to daily.
David Pakman also has some worthy interviews and guests

He has good interviews as you say (in fact he's one of the best interviewers out there) His show isn't great though. It was better when they had Natan there.
The show is dispersed with a lot of inconsequential nonsense but his interviews are largely substantive,well researched and reasoned

The only thing I've seen from them was their pathetic and misguided rage over the KFC ad that was on during the cricket a few years back. Showed themselves up as racist pieces of s**t who are just looking for things to be offended by.

Yeah I remember this one too. They were so unable to see things through their own cultural prism that it was embarrassing to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The picture shows Cenk airquoting it sarcastically because he has a history of denying it.
And what was his argument? Show me this whole history of sources.

If it's true, it's sad, but It's telling to me that he get attacked about something that's 100 years old.

Last edited:
And what was his argument? Show me this whole history of sources.

If it's true, it's sad, but It's telling to me that he get attacked about something that's 100 years old.
Google.

I don't know if he was attacked or if he was offering opinion.

Bupkis eh?

Um, no, it's just that you can google it yourself :$

That''s right, you don't know which makes it all a bit pointless.

Why does it make it pointless? The information is there, whether or not I'm willing to give an opinion on Cenk's opinion being defensive or not has nothing to do with it.

Um, no, it's just that you can google it yourself :$

Why does it make it pointless? The information is there, whether or not I'm willing to give an opinion on Cenk's opinion being defensive or not has nothing to do with it.
No no no, you said there was this "history" of Cenk denying genocide. YOU made that statement whether you buy into it or not. Show me this history you speak of. I mean, you've obviously seen it, right?

If you can't then stop posting unsubstantiated rubbish.

Thank you.

No no no, you said there was this "history" of Cenk denying genocide. YOU made that statement whether you buy into it or not. Show me this history you speak of. I mean, you've obviously seen it, right?

Thank you.

It's well known that he denies the genocide. You can Google it yourself if you're concerned. Or you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, like you are now.

Someone isn't posting 'unsubstantiated rubbish' Just because they are not interested in googling s**t that's on the public record for you. You are not the centre of the universe, as much as that might shock you to hear.

Last edited:

Thank you.
The reason that they won't post anything, is because it all stems from an article Cenk wrote in 1991... when he was 21 years old...

He has also just recently publicly retracted the article and apologised.
But if they want evidence of this, they can google it themselves...

Lol. Yeah I'm bemused as to why she insists on making an issue out of this.
I'm bemused you can't/wont post evidence of this history of denying genocide. I'm not saying it's not there but I can't find it.

You've obviously seen it, so please link me to it. I'd be interested to read it.

<shakes head>

It's well known that he denies the genocide. You can Google it yourself if you're concerned. Or you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, like you are now.

Someone isn't posting 'unsubstantiated rubbish' Just because they are not interested in googling s**t that's on the public record for you. You are not the centre of the universe, as much as that might shock you to hear.
I've merely asked someone to produce the history of articles. What constitutes public record for you might differ. If it's on the Internet it's public, yet I can't find this huge history which makes it decidedly less so from my point of view.

Your "center of the universe" comment was hilarious. Don't know why you thought that was relevant. <confused>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back