Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Remove this Banner Ad

The part in the movie where he's alone in the basement with the creepy guy, then realises TZK also mentioned having a basement and that they are extremely rare in california was so freaking scarey. I was watching it alone in the dark. :eek:
Basements aren't rare in California, in fact most houses from the 60's to 70's era would have a basement, one cool thing about houses in the US are the basements, watch the movie again with this knowledge, won't be quite as scarey.

I'm going to run against the grain here and say that eventually I think they will find out who he was
Why?
I'm just thinking of the Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway
DNA is far far more advanced now than was ever possible , and I think we cannot imagine how it may be in the very near future
I believe the answers may lie in the letters, what DNA can be gleaned from them compared to samples taken from suspects, or even from family members at some point for other uses
They said nobody would solve the Green River case, they did
And that was solved back in 2001

I just wanted to say that I have listened to a compelling podcast and to me it seems there was not an individual killer.

Thomas Horan thinks that there never was a Zodiac and the murders were unrelated, but one or more people toyed with the media claiming to be a serial killer, and overwhelmed/irresponsible police departments were all too happy to go along with the theory that there was a mad man on the loose. This was re-inforced by Graysmith's book which has been taken as gospel by many over the years. Horan researched actual police records and pointed out where Graysmith got it wrong (or lied) about events related to the murders.

http://raasnio.com/GenerationWhyPodcast/the-zodiac-killer-hoax/

Assume most have seen this but I finally got to watch it last night.

A few things struck me, one how unprofessional he seemed. I mean he left two of his victims alive, unless that was intentional.

Also how sure are people that the stabbing murders were definitely related? They're just different from the shootings. Copycat/fake?

Assume most have seen this but I finally got to watch it last night.

A few things struck me, one how unprofessional he seemed. I mean he left two of his victims alive, unless that was intentional.

Also how sure are people that the stabbing murders were definitely related? They're just different from the shootings. Copycat/fake?

Yeah I don't think the murders were related at all. Listen to the podcast I posted above.

A guy talking about it from a very different perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't think the murders were related at all. Listen to the podcast I posted above.

A guy talking about it from a very different perspective.
Reasons i like ALA.
1. The zodiac watch that had both the name and the symbol on it.
2. Positive ID by the shooting survivor.
3. Had it in for the velajo police. Knocked back.
4. Bloody knives found at the time of the stabbing murder.
5. Navy for a time. The cipher that was worked out was in navy code.

Yes the scene in the movie in the basement was very freaky. Noises upstairs.

Maybe one killer. One writing the letters?

SmartAlec can you please run Rossmo using all missing women in California (60s-70s) as data points and let us know where the Zodiac Killer lives?

Am aware geographic profiling has been completed already by Dr Kim Rossmo himself (using four attacks) but I think running it again with ALL missing persons cases would be more accurate.

Last edited:
Interesting, the UNABOMBER worked at a phone company, but was sacked by his brother.

The UNABOMBER was anti-society, living in a cabin. Living a simple life, in his cabin of anti-industrial living.

Anti-capitalism

Devil Mountain, the Philips map, is the original survey benchmark datum for the meridian and baseline, that all property is 'titled' for in the area. Its the basis for ownership, materialism, industiralisation.
Attached is the meridian and baseline for the area.

Attachments

• zodiackiller-denning-cadastral-copper-bolt-mtdiablo-central-landuse-cadastral.jpg
    zodiackiller-denning-cadastral-copper-bolt-mtdiablo-central-landuse-cadastral.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 37
  • initial-point-coordinates.jpg
    initial-point-coordinates.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 140
The Philips map depicts the 'benchmark' datum for spatial mapping in the area it covers.

Devil Mountain Benchmark Philips Map is representative of the beginning of society in the area, and everything the UNABOMBER detests.

Attachments

• Zodiac MAP June 26 1970.jpg
    Zodiac MAP June 26 1970.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back