Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Remove this Banner Ad

He wanted his story told. He chose a moral high ground, but at the end of the day, it was about him. Notoriety

The system was used to deny him his story. He couldn't win. He couldn't display, his pièce de résistance - his day in the sun.

He looked at the decision as binary. Guilty or not guilty.

He was to use his moral high ground against the court. It was his basis for notoriety, The radical environmentalist. It was however, always about himself.

He wanted to become a martyr among certain people. He couldn't have his cake - and eat it too.

He wanted to show the world, he was the smartest man in the world. The court diffused it in short time. He bit of his tongue to spite his face, and never went to trial in the face of being branded insane. It was about him.

Last edited:

Interesting, the UNABOMBER worked at a phone company, but was sacked by his brother.

The UNABOMBER was anti-society, living in a cabin. Living a simple life, in his cabin of anti-industrial living.

Anti-capitalism
So do you think the zodiac killer and Unabomber are one in the same?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Why's that?

I read a pretty detailed analysis on him done by a company that contracts to the FBI, he was a very good suspect, worked for the navy, familiar with codes, highly intelligent and educated but worked as a librarian, was in the locations, inserted himself into the investigation trying to pin it on a university lecturer whom was cleared. There was a lot more that escapes my memory but I’ll dig out the report when I get the chance, and his name came out when the “my name” cypher was cracked.

So do you think the zodiac killer and Unabomber are one in the same?

Yes, both enviro terrorist motives.

Unabomber was an eco-terrorist. Anti development. Zodiac provided a map with the Devil Mountain datum circled, the prime meridian and baseline for all property development in the area. Similar motive. Similar police correspondence.

Here is the meridian map which denotes where the Devil Mountain datum meridian resides. Property surveys and maps are derived from this meridian.

Attachments

• Mt_Diablo_Meridian.jpg
    Mt_Diablo_Meridian.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 161
UNAbomber and Zodiac same motives. Similar correspondence with police.

Theodore John Kaczynski (/kəˈzɪnski/; born May 22, 1942), also known as the Unabomber (/ˈjuːnəˌbɒmər/), is an American domestic terrorist, former mathematics professor, and anarchist author.[2][3][4] A mathematics prodigy,[5] he abandoned an academic career in 1969 to pursue a primitive lifestyle.

In 1971 Kaczynski moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water near Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient. After witnessing the destruction of the wilderness surrounding his cabin, he concluded that living in nature was untenable and began his bombing campaign in 1978

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

Attachments

• zodiac-meridian-killer-map-benchmark-mtdiablo-magDec17.jpg
    zodiac-meridian-killer-map-benchmark-mtdiablo-magDec17.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 109
UNAbomber and Zodiac same motives. Similar correspondence with police.

Theodore John Kaczynski (/kəˈzɪnski/; born May 22, 1942), also known as the Unabomber (/ˈjuːnəˌbɒmər/), is an American domestic terrorist, former mathematics professor, and anarchist author.[2][3][4] A mathematics prodigy,[5] he abandoned an academic career in 1969 to pursue a primitive lifestyle.

In 1971 Kaczynski moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water near Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient. After witnessing the destruction of the wilderness surrounding his cabin, he concluded that living in nature was untenable and began his bombing campaign in 1978

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
I don't think so. They have partial DNA from whoever licked the stamps and sent the letters which I'm sure they've compared. Also have palm prints and a detective team has extracted DNA from one murder victim's clothing that may finally help put a name to the infamous, anonymous killer. https://www.foxnews.com/us/zodiac-killer-detectives-hope-dna-will-unlock-murderers-id-at-last

Ross Sullivan? https://www.bustle.com/p/who-is-ros...diac-killer-explores-a-popular-theory-5465516

I read a pretty detailed analysis on him done by a company that contracts to the FBI, he was a very good suspect, worked for the navy, familiar with codes, highly intelligent and educated but worked as a librarian, was in the locations, inserted himself into the investigation trying to pin it on a university lecturer whom was cleared. There was a lot more that escapes my memory but I’ll dig out the report when I get the chance, and his name came out when the “my name” cypher was cracked.
Interesting theory.

Thanks.

I don't think so. They have partial DNA from whoever licked the stamps and sent the letters which I'm sure they've compared. Also have palm prints and a detective team has extracted DNA from one murder victim's clothing that may finally help put a name to the infamous, anonymous killer. https://www.foxnews.com/us/zodiac-killer-detectives-hope-dna-will-unlock-murderers-id-at-last
Ross Sullivan? https://www.bustle.com/p/who-is-ros...diac-killer-explores-a-popular-theory-5465516

They made all those mistakes in tracking the UNABOMBER

They threw the whole file out and started again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it there has been no more kills by the zodiac since Ted's arrest?

Yes, both enviro terrorist motives.

Unabomber was an eco-terrorist. Anti development. Zodiac provided a map with the Devil Mountain datum circled, the prime meridian and baseline for all property development in the area. Similar motive. Similar police correspondence.

Not sure about that.

The unabomber yes, he outlined his opposition to modernity and industrialisation in his essay to the New York Times.

But the zodiac also outlined his motivation in the first cypher cracked by the retired schoolteachers, and I’m paraphrasing, he spoke of killing as being more exciting than having sex with a beautiful young women. He’s the stereotypical thrill killer.

There’s no need to extrapolate meaning when both killers have expressed their motivation within their respective correspondence.

Not sure about that.

The unabomber yes, he outlined his opposition to modernity and industrialisation in his essay to the New York Times.

But the zodiac also outlined his motivation in the first cypher cracked by the retired schoolteachers, and I’m paraphrasing, he spoke of killing as being more exciting than having sex with a beautiful young women. He’s the stereotypical thrill killer.
There’s no need to extrapolate meaning when both killers have expressed their motivation within their respective correspondence.

They were going to lock up Ted with schizophrenia in a mental institution just to save a court case. Ted plead guilty just to stop them undermining his anti-development theme which he wanted broadcast in court.

Zodiac sends out a petroleum map with the datum reference for property surveying the entire bay area.

The zodiac cryptographs are easy for Ted who is a high end mathematician would have seen cryptographs in his travels.

Zodiac shot a taxi driver Paul Stine outside a school that has a heavy focus on sustainable living. Unabomber locations were targeted like universities by Unabomber with purpose.

The police communication has the same ring to it. The same threats. Now it has all stopped.

Is there anything with all the information out there to eliminate Ted?

I did a search

Ted graduated and continued his studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. His abilities earned him accolades and he published several articles in respected journals. After leaving Michigan, Ted landed a job as an assistant mathematics professor at the University of California in Berkeley in 1967. His attempt to join society failed, and Ted Kaczynski was a broken man.

Kaczynski left his job at Berkeley shortly after the Zodiac killed two victims north of Berkeley in Benicia. At the time of the murders, Kaczynski somewhat resembled the composite sketch of the Zodiac. Kaczynski's handwriting was very similar to that of the Zodiac, and he even used his own, complex coded methods to write a secret diary of his criminal life. The career of the UNAbomber began shortly after the Zodiac disappeared. These and other facts led Douglas Oswell and Michael Rusconi to conclude that Kaczynski may have been the Zodiac.

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/unabomber.htm

They were going to lock up Ted with schizophrenia in a mental institution just to save a court case. Ted plead guilty just to stop them undermining his anti-development theme which he wanted broadcast in court.

His mental instability was evident from an early age, he pleaded guilty to avoid the death penalty, his lawyers wanted him to plead insanity, the state had no intention of not proceeding to trial. In any event I’m not sure the relevance.

Zodiac sends out a petroleum map with the datum reference for property surveying the entire bay area.

The zodiac cryptographs are easy for Ted who is a high end mathematician would have seen cryptographs in his travels.

The only zodiac cypher confirmed solved is the first one, there are claims of the others being solved but that is disputed. That they would be easy for Ted (not sure why we’re on a first name basis) is purely assumption. He is not the only mathematician in the world, in fact he’s not the only mathematician suspect, to date other than the first cypher the others are not verified as solved which suggests they are far from easy.

Zodiac shot a taxi driver Paul Stine outside a school that has a heavy focus on sustainable living. Unabomber locations were targeted like universities by Unabomber with purpose.

Correct the unabomber targeted locations, his moniker is derived from “university and airport bomber”, his targets were institutions. Now other than some tenuous link with the cabbie, explain how the zodiacs other victims fit in to a “social commentary”? The unabomers targets were specific not arbitrary.

Furthermore the unabomber killed from a distance, while the zodiac got up close and personal, there’s no similarity whatsoever.

The police communication has the same ring to it. The same threats. Now it has all stopped.

Granted it’s been sometime since I’ve read the correspondence of either, but I don’t recall them being similar at all. The unabomber presented himself as promoting a cause, as far as I can recall he signed his first few letters as the “freedom club”, he promoted the idea of revolution against industrialisation. The zodiac on the other hand spoke of picking off kiddies and shooting people at random if they didn’t wear his “buttons”, it’s pure taunting and egotism, no hint of a cause. Can you find anything at all in the zodiac letters referencing a cause?

The unabomber was caught on the basis of his thesis, people who knew him from before he became a recluse, recognised his thesis in the unabomber letters and reported it to authorities, in other words it was an idea established prior to the zodiac. Hence the idea that his writing would progresses from ideology to juvenile taunts and back to ideology, seems implausible.

Not surprising that letters have stopped, the unabombers in prison and the zodiac said in his last letter that he wouldn’t be communicating anymore. Serial killers taunting police in letters is not unheard of, Edward Wayne Edwards is one that did, it’s not exactly the smoking gun that ties the two cases together.

Is there anything with all the information out there to eliminate Ted?

You mean like fingerprints and DNA? From the website you referenced, it states that contrary to popular impression, the police believe that the partial fingerprint found at the cabbies murder was from the killer, and that the DNA extracted from the envelopes is from the killer, the envelopes were carefully handled and in any event the DNA was extracted from the underside of the stamps where they couldn’t be contaminated.

It was only after Arthur lee Allen was posthumously excluded that Robert Graysmith set about discrediting the fingerprints and DNA as it shot a hole in his hypothesis.

I did a search

Ted graduated and continued his studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. His abilities earned him accolades and he published several articles in respected journals. After leaving Michigan, Ted landed a job as an assistant mathematics professor at the University of California in Berkeley in 1967. His attempt to join society failed, and Ted Kaczynski was a broken man.

Interestingly the zodiac in his letters claimed to have had earlier victims, police suspect him in two earlier murders on account that the families were sent taunting letters signed “Z”. That would be at the time Kaczynski was in Michigan? While far from concrete any theory needs to take into account suspected earlier murders.

Kaczynski left his job at Berkeley shortly after the Zodiac killed two victims north of Berkeley in Benicia. At the time of the murders, Kaczynski somewhat resembled the composite sketch of the Zodiac.

Again from the same website, police never put too much stock in the composite sketch as the survivors didn’t get much of a look, one only briefly saw him in profile. And there are other suspects that looked similar so it’s not definitive.

[Kaczynski's handwriting was very similar to that of the Zodiac, and he even used his own, complex coded methods to write a secret diary of his criminal life.

There’s been other suspects that haven’t been eliminated on the basis of similar handwriting. In any event similar is =/= to a match.

The unabombers codes were far from complex within the subject of cryptology. He used a basic substitution code with a key stream. It’s a code that appears in textbooks and would’ve been easily decrypted by the fbi. As it turns out the fbi didn’t need to crack it anyway as he kept the substitution tables and keys in the same locations as his encoded diaries. The fbi published his codes in a scientific journal after his conviction.

The purpose behind the codes is different too, the zodiac sent puzzles to be solved, the unabomber encrypted private musings not intended to be read.

The zodiacs codes were far more complex and with the exception of the first cypher they have not been verified to have been solved. It’s illogical to think that one individual would develop a complex code only to regress to a common simpler code for writings intended to be kept secret later.

The career of the UNAbomber began shortly after the Zodiac disappeared. These and other facts led Douglas Oswell and Michael Rusconi to conclude that Kaczynski may have been the Zodiac.

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/unabomber.htm

Well the last killing attributed to the zodiac is in 1969, with the last suspected killing in 1970. The unabombers first attack was 1978. I must have a different definition of “shortly” than the authors do.

His mental instability was evident from an early age, he pleaded guilty to avoid the death penalty, his lawyers wanted him to plead insanity, the state had no intention of not proceeding to trial. In any event I’m not sure the relevance.

The only zodiac cypher confirmed solved is the first one, there are claims of the others being solved but that is disputed. That they would be easy for Ted (not sure why we’re on a first name basis) is purely assumption. He is not the only mathematician in the world, in fact he’s not the only mathematician suspect, to date other than the first cypher the others are not verified as solved which suggests they are far from easy.

Correct the unabomber targeted locations, his moniker is derived from “university and airport bomber”, his targets were institutions. Now other than some tenuous link with the cabbie, explain how the zodiacs other victims fit in to a “social commentary”? The unabomers targets were specific not arbitrary.

Furthermore the unabomber killed from a distance, while the zodiac got up close and personal, there’s no similarity whatsoever.
Granted it’s been sometime since I’ve read the correspondence of either, but I don’t recall them being similar at all. The unabomber presented himself as promoting a cause, as far as I can recall he signed his first few letters as the “freedom club”, he promoted the idea of revolution against industrialisation. The zodiac on the other hand spoke of picking off kiddies and shooting people at random if they didn’t wear his “buttons”, it’s pure taunting and egotism, no hint of a cause. Can you find anything at all in the zodiac letters referencing a cause?

The unabomber was caught on the basis of his thesis, people who knew him from before he became a recluse, recognised his thesis in the unabomber letters and reported it to authorities, in other words it was an idea established prior to the zodiac. Hence the idea that his writing would progresses from ideology to juvenile taunts and back to ideology, seems implausible.

Not surprising that letters have stopped, the unabombers in prison and the zodiac said in his last letter that he wouldn’t be communicating anymore. Serial killers taunting police in letters is not unheard of, Edward Wayne Edwards is one that did, it’s not exactly the smoking gun that ties the two cases together.

You mean like fingerprints and DNA? From the website you referenced, it states that contrary to popular impression, the police believe that the partial fingerprint found at the cabbies murder was from the killer, and that the DNA extracted from the envelopes is from the killer, the envelopes were carefully handled and in any event the DNA was extracted from the underside of the stamps where they couldn’t be contaminated.

It was only after Arthur lee Allen was posthumously excluded that Robert Graysmith set about discrediting the fingerprints and DNA as it shot a hole in his hypothesis.

Interestingly the zodiac in his letters claimed to have had earlier victims, police suspect him in two earlier murders on account that the families were sent taunting letters signed “Z”. That would be at the time Kaczynski was in Michigan? While far from concrete any theory needs to take into account suspected earlier murders.

Again from the same website, police never put too much stock in the composite sketch as the survivors didn’t get much of a look, one only briefly saw him in profile. And there are other suspects that looked similar so it’s not definitive.

There’s been other suspects that haven’t been eliminated on the basis of similar handwriting. In any event similar is =/= to a match.

The unabombers codes were far from complex within the subject of cryptology. He used a basic substitution code with a key stream. It’s a code that appears in textbooks and would’ve been easily decrypted by the fbi. As it turns out the fbi didn’t need to crack it anyway as he kept the substitution tables and keys in the same locations as his encoded diaries. The fbi published his codes in a scientific journal after his conviction.

The purpose behind the codes is different too, the zodiac sent puzzles to be solved, the unabomber encrypted private musings not intended to be read.

The zodiacs codes were far more complex and with the exception of the first cypher they have not been verified to have been solved. It’s illogical to think that one individual would develop a complex code only to regress to a common simpler code for writings intended to be kept secret later.

Well the last killing attributed to the zodiac is in 1969, with the last suspected killing in 1970. The unabombers first attack was 1978. I must have a different definition of “shortly” than the authors do.

Comprehensive,

1. Unabomber thought the court was binary in outcomes. However, Unabomber was going to a mental institution before any trial, or plead guilty. His martyr story of saint of the environment was never going to happen.

Ted had changed is MO to martyrdom in an attempt shift away from his Zodiac persona. He also had schizophrenia according to the government.

Assistant professor in mathematics and no one can work his cryptography out

Multiple personalities are very convincing because the sufferer believes it them self. He stepped away from I love killing.

This case has piles and piles of evidence. Do you have anything that would eliminate Ted as a prime suspect in the case?

Last edited:

We have the same threats.

We have the same police correspondence.

We have a mathematician

We have little to no overlap.

There has been no kills attributed since Teds incarceration

We have geo-spatial crimes in the same area.

The zodiac sends a map with the one object that attributes to the development of the whole area. His anti-industrialisation had already started.

Anyone else worked out why he sent the map yet?

In his schizophrenic delusion, he changed personas in an attempt to dig himself out the deep pontless murderous hole he had dug.

Do note Ted had been rejected by his brother after his brother met his girlfriend and future wife. This destroyed him as his closest confidant and friend left him alone in his deteriorating mental state.

Zodiac started killing couples in lovers lane etc. He was avenging his brother through the couples he started shooting.

Unabomber also targeted places within his thematic persona that he wanted vengeance.

Unambomber sent bombs via the mail, postcodes derived from the Devil Mountain meridian.

He also worked for a phone company for a while before his brother sacked him.

Comprehensive,

1. Unabomber thought the court was binary in outcomes. However, Unabomber was going to a mental institution before any trial, or plead guilty. His martyr story of saint of the environment was never going to happen.

He was passed fit to stand trial prior to his plea agreement, he was never going to an institution, that’s just an invented narrative. His lawyers advised him to plead insanity, he rejected it and was going to plead not guilty but changed it to guilty when the plea agreement took off the death penalty. It was self interest.

Ted had changed is MO to martyrdom in an attempt shift away from his Zodiac persona. He also had schizophrenia according to the government.

Your suggesting multiple personalities, in the court released psychiatric reports there wasn’t any mention of multiple personalities. Some psychiatrists diagnosed him as provisional paranoid schizophrenic, others as having schizoid or schizotypal personality disorder, which is similar but minus the psychosis. If you have contrary report from a psychiatrist that’s interviewed him, please share.

Assistant professor in mathematics and no one can work his cryptography out

This is a fallacy you keep repeating, he left his substitution tables and keys in his cabin. Here’s an attachment to a summary of the fbi report http://scienceblogs.de/klausis-krypto-kolumne/2016/09/04/the-ciphers-of-the-unabomber/ the links to the fbi report are imbedded within the article. I need to apologise here, my earlier post said the fbi would have solved them, that’s not the case my memory failed me there. Nonetheless the point remains, his codes have been solved as he inadvertently provided the solutions. The codes were different to the zodiac, and his diaries have been decoded and I don’t recall any reference to them containing zodiac killings. I believe it was either time or Atlantic publications that published extracts in the late 90’s.

Multiple personalities are very convincing because the sufferer believes it them self. He stepped away from I love killing.

No psychiatric reports of multiple personalities in court proceedings, please provide evidence.

This case has piles and piles of evidence. Do you have anything that would eliminate Ted as a prime suspect in the case?

Please provide this mountain of evidence, thus far you’ve only provided assumptions and reinterpretation of known facts to support a hypothesis. I’ve already answered your question utilising the website you provided, if you choose to ignore the response, that’s up to you but I’m not going to keep answering the same question.

But I’ve also put two questions to you that you’ve avoided. Show me in the zodiac correspondence where he refers to a cause? Show me how all his murders fit into the cause?

We have the same threats.

We have the same police correspondence.

Both threatened violence if their respective correspondence wasn’t published, but that’s where the similarity ends.

The unabomber manifesto as published in the New York Times https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/national/unabom-manifesto-1.html?mcubz=3

The zodiac Halloween card 3AC13A10-AC03-47B6-B034-3430C5678189.jpeg

Please demonstrate how these are similar.

We have a mathematician

We have little to no overlap.

There has been no kills attributed since Teds incarceration

zodiac claimed 37 victims, according to the link you provided the police have him as a suspect in up to 20 murders going back to 1963 (when the unabomber wasn’t in the area), who’s to say he stopped like the BTK or just stopped corresponding. It’s an unknown and you’ve just gone with an assumption.

We have geo-spatial crimes in the same area.

The zodiac sends a map with the one object that attributes to the development of the whole area. His anti-industrialisation had already started.

Anyone else worked out why he sent the map yet?

There’s lots of theories regarding the map, Gareth penn in times17 proposed the radian theory, others have disputed it. In some correspondence coordinates were provided, it seems at least that the map fits into the riddle.

But none of that matters, absence of a consensus on the map doesn’t provide evidence to support your theory. Please provide evidence that it’s related to development, it’s not like it’s a plan of subdivision.

In his schizophrenic delusion, he changed personas in an attempt to dig himself out the deep pontless murderous hole he had dug.

Please provide evidence of multiple personalities.

Do note Ted had been rejected by his brother after his brother met his girlfriend and future wife. This destroyed him as his closest confidant and friend left him alone in his deteriorating mental state.

Zodiac started killing couples in lovers lane etc. He was avenging his brother through the couples he started shooting.

Interesting theory, except the time lines do not match, David moved in with Linda in 1989. They first met 20 years earlier, so that would imply it’s after the lovers lane murder. According to Linda she’s never met ted. According to David, Ted cut off contact with his parents in 1983, but remained in contact with David up until 1989 (David lived in the desert and was a survivalist and Ted related to that), it was the decision to move in with Linda that caused their estrangement. That’s some foresight from the zodiac, taking out revenge more than 20 years prior to the event.

But here’s where your theory has shifted, is it eco terrorism or not?

Unabomber also targeted places within his thematic persona that he wanted vengeance.

Unambomber sent bombs via the mail, postcodes derived from the Devil Mountain meridian.

He also worked for a phone company for a while before his brother sacked him.

Unabomber targeted universities and airports, very different from the zodiac. Please demonstrate how post codes were derived from mt Diablo.

He was passed fit to stand trial prior to his plea agreement, he was never going to an institution, that’s just an invented narrative. His lawyers advised him to plead insanity, he rejected it and was going to plead not guilty but changed it to guilty when the plea agreement took off the death penalty. It was self interest.

Yep, Unabomber lawyers wanted him plea insanity but he didn't. Insanity meant he would not get to tell his story. As the defence lawyer said, she had an obligation to the court.

What would an insanity plea get him? Why didn't he take it?

Ok, so the Unabomber movie created an invented narrative? Is that what you are saying?

Unabomber targeted universities and airports, very different from the zodiac. Please demonstrate how post codes were derived from mt Diablo.

Did you not read what I said, the Mt Diablo ordnance survey is the creation of all property titles in the area, and associated postcodes. Ted had shifted his MO to a martyr situation in attempt to win a jury over, lesser die a martyr. Ted never got to tell his story. The court levered him into that position of not going to a drawn out trial where he would tell his story.
Ted did not get to preach his musings across the nations media. Although he was straightened on his delusions pretty quick.

Ted had been torn at his brothers initial rejection of him when meeting future wife. Zodiac shot couples in cars at lovers lane.

The codes had Greek symbols etc. Some of the codes have not yet been broken as you said. Teds an ex mathematics professor. Hes a university guy.

What did Zodiac say, Man is the most dangerous animal of all. Does that sound eco militant to you?

Ted changed his MO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back