Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Chameleon75 You've done the research. You know what you are talking about. Of the miles and miles of evidence, not excluding Unabomber; is there anything you can see that would eliminate Ted from the inquiry?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, Unabomber lawyers wanted him plea insanity but he didn't. Insanity meant he would not get to tell his story. As the defence lawyer said, she had an obligation to the court.

What would an insanity plea get him? Why didn't he take it?

Ok, so the Unabomber movie created an invented narrative? Is that what you are saying?

Well obviously a successful insanity plea would have seen him committed to a prison hospital or institution. But let’s not change the goal posts, your initial claim was that the state wanted him committed, that’s false, Janet Reno was pushing hard for the death penalty, they offered him a plea bargain concerned that he would plead insanity, and he took it.

They were going to lock up Ted with schizophrenia in a mental institution just to save a court case. Ted plead guilty just to stop them undermining his anti-development theme which he wanted broadcast in court.

He wouldn’t plead insanity as he didn’t believe he was, and yes he didn’t want to be discredited, but he could have pleaded not guilty but didn’t, in fact he tried to change his plea to not guilty at a later date.

I’m saying the argument you presented as quoted, that the state wanted him committed to avoid trial is false, Janet Reno was quite clear in wanting the death penalty.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you not read what I said, the Mt Diablo ordnance survey is the creation of all property titles in the area, and associated postcodes. Ted had shifted his MO to a martyr situation in attempt to win a jury over, lesser die a martyr. Ted never got to tell his story. The court levered him into that position of not going to a drawn out trial where he would tell his story.
Ted did not get to preach his musings across the nations media. Although he was straightened on his delusions pretty quick.

Ted had been torn at his brothers initial rejection of him when meeting future wife. Zodiac shot couples in cars at lovers lane.

The codes had Greek symbols etc. Some of the codes have not yet been broken as you said. Teds an ex mathematics professor. Hes a university guy.

What did Zodiac say, Man is the most dangerous animal of all. Does that sound eco militant to you?

Ted changed his MO.

There’s nothing linking that map to the unabomber, it’s a tenuous attempt to try an draw the cases together, unabomber targets were institutions nothing to suggest in his writings that he used post codes.

His manifesto was published in full he got his ideology out. So now it’s a changed MO, your initial argument was that the MO’s were the same, the cabbie out the front of the school, remember that?

Well according to his brother they didn’t fall out until 1989, he met his wife 20 years earlier so 1969, that’s a year after the lovers lane murders, but even if the 20 years was an approximation, they were still in frequent communication until 1989, your theory falls over. But again now his killing because of his brother? Yet another MO.

Yes zodiac cyphers haven’t been solved, but they’re different from the unabomber’s cyphers. The unabomber mathematics background would be relevant if other evidence tied him to it which is scant, on its own it means nothing. at least two other suspects have high level mathematics backgrounds.

The most dangerous animal is also a movie, so that’s a tenuous eco link at best.

But in all of that you’ve ignored what the zodiac said

I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST BECAUSE MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUE ANAMAL OF ALL TO KILL SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAE WHEN I DIE I WILL BE REBORN IN PARADICE AND ALL THEI HAVE KILLED WILL BECOME MY SLAVES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOI DOWN OR ATOP MY COLLECTIOG OF SLAVES FOR MY AFTERLIFE. EBEORIETEMETHHPITI

The two MO’s you described has some sort of mission in it, the zodiac tells you he’s a thrill killer.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chameleon75 You've done the research. You know what you are talking about. Of the miles and miles of evidence, not excluding Unabomber; is there anything you can see that would eliminate Ted from the inquiry?

I’ve already answered this the DNA was extracted from the underside of the stamps. They do not match. If you believe the zodiac sent those letters.

But aside from that what links them together, not much really, there are more differences between the cases than similarities.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve already answered this the DNA was extracted from the underside of the stamps. They do not match. If you believe the zodiac sent those letters.
But aside from that what links them together, not much really, there are more differences between the cases than similarities.

I don't believe he licked the stamps. They still have not got a match today. Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the DNA is one his victims.

I believe he wanted differences deliberately. There is however so many similarities. Primary similarities too.

1. Letters to police
2. Threats in police letters about what is going to happen
3. Requests for police and media to carry out tasks (puzzles etc)
4. His targets were not that random I feel. Such as starting with couples for Zodiac. Random identities, but he did those for a reason..

He changed his MO, so the crime would change too when he decided on martyrdom as eco warrior. He did not want to be busted for Zodiac. He was justifying his murderous game then.

Do note police felt that he went down the path of eco warrior after land was cleared near his cabin

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
There’s nothing linking that map to the unabomber, it’s a tenuous attempt to try an draw the cases together, unabomber targets were institutions nothing to suggest in his writings that he used post codes.

His manifesto was published in full he got his ideology out. So now it’s a changed MO, your initial argument was that the MO’s were the same, the cabbie out the front of the school, remember that?

Well according to his brother they didn’t fall out until 1989, he met his wife 20 years earlier so 1969, that’s a year after the lovers lane murders, but even if the 20 years was an approximation, they were still in frequent communication until 1989, your theory falls over. But again now his killing because of his brother? Yet another MO.

Yes zodiac cyphers haven’t been solved, but they’re different from the unabomber’s cyphers. The unabomber mathematics background would be relevant if other evidence tied him to it which is scant, on its own it means nothing. at least two other suspects have high level mathematics backgrounds.

The most dangerous animal is also a movie, so that’s a tenuous eco link at best.

But in all of that you’ve ignored what the zodiac said

The two MO’s you described has some sort of mission in it, the zodiac tells you he’s a thrill killer.

I haven't ignored anything deliberately.

Police thought Unabomber was random killing until they go into the case. I gave you reason he was killing couples. He disliked his sister inlaw because she took his brother away from him. Ted came across his brother smooching with his girlfriend where they rejected him. Zodiac was shooting couples in the moment of intimacy.

Don't be surprised that Ted is a virgin by the way. Or had few relationships.

"GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL "

Where did Unabomber live and what did he do? How long had he been in cabins etc? Unabomber lived off the grid on $400 USD a year and hunted his own game.,

"I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST"

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I would say he was really bad mentally at this point. Ted had been to psychological experiments at university around 16 years of age. They had messed with his head pretty bad although he already had a condition as a maths professor.

"REBORN IN PARADICE AND ALL THEI HAVE KILLED WILL BECOME MY SLAVES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOI DOWN OR ATOP MY COLLECTIOG OF SLAVES FOR MY AFTERLIFE. EBEORIETEMETHHPITI"

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
More likely Ted Cruz than Ted Kaczinsky and I dont believe it to be Cruz

Both the Unabomber and Zodiac, had no sexual acts in their crimes. Although Zodiac stabbed the couples, there was no mutilation like amputation of breasts etc.

Ted wasn't fond of his sister inlaw taking his best, and possibly only friend, his brother away from him. This may explain Zodiac shooting couples in cars making out.

Police believe without Teds brother, police may have never caught Ted. Teds brother recognised the musings of Ted in a newspaper release of Unabombers requests, designed by the investigators to catch the Unabomber.

Zodiac has not been caught. Unabomber started where Zodiac left.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Both the Unabomber and Zodiac, had no sexual acts in their crimes. Although Zodiac stabbed the couples, there was no mutilation like amputation of breasts etc.

Ted wasn't fond of his sister inlaw taking his best, and possibly only friend, his brother away from him. This may explain Zodiac shooting couples in cars making out.

Police believe without Teds brother, police may have never caught Ted. Teds brother recognised the musings of Ted in a newspaper release of Unabombers requests, designed by the investigators to catch the Unabomber.

Zodiac has not been caught. Unabomber started where Zodiac left.
You have only provided casual linkage. Possible motivations are sketchy at best. Why didnt Teds brother recognise the Zodiac stuff?

I find chameleons refutation of your posts to be highly logical (and amusing)

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't ignored anything deliberately.

Police thought Unabomber was random killing until they go into the case. I gave you reason he was killing couples. He disliked his sister inlaw because she took his brother away from him. Ted came across his brother smooching with his girlfriend where they rejected him. Zodiac was shooting couples in the moment of intimacy.

Don't be surprised that Ted is a virgin by the way. Or had few relationships.

"GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL "

Where did Unabomber live and what did he do? How long had he been in cabins etc? Unabomber lived off the grid on $400 USD a year and hunted his own game.,

"I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST"

The first few letters were purportedly from an terrorist organisation freedom club, the connection was made for them by the letters, it was police that labeled the case Unabom, the er was added by the media in 87 when it was leaked out. It wasn’t treated as random.

The revenge fantasy is bizarre, primarily because it contradicts both David and Linda. They married in 89 after Linda’s divorce, I’ve seen one reference to them having met in uni but nothing of them being in a relationship then. Please provide evidence that they were in a relationship prior to the lovers lane murders.

David has stated in interviews and in writing that his relationship with Ted started to deteriorate in 86, from 86-89 they remained in contact via letters. It was in 89 that Linda came between them when David asked him to be his best man.

As for Linda she has repeatedly stated in interview after interview after interview, she has never met Ted. Your walking in on them kissing is false unless you can demonstrate why Linda lied. Furthermore David was in New York when Ted was at Berkeley, prior to that Ted was in Michigan, they hadn’t resided in the same city since 63 when they took different academic paths.

After Ted was convicted the family gave numerous interviews, growing up Ted would cry if he saw an animal hurt or distressed, Ted Sr. gave an account of him needing to give up hunting because Ted jr freaked out after rabbit was killed. Ted might be many things but he doesn’t appear to be a sadist. This is consistent with the unabomber killing from a distance, it’s a political agenda and Machiavellian with the end justifies the means, but he doesn’t get his hands dirty. This is in contrast with the zodiac who by admission gets thrilled by killing.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The first few letters were purportedly from an terrorist organisation freedom club, the connection was made for them by the letters, it was police that labeled the case Unabom, the er was added by the media in 87 when it was leaked out. It wasn’t treated as random.

The revenge fantasy is bizarre, primarily because it contradicts both David and Linda. They married in 89 after Linda’s divorce, I’ve seen one reference to them having met in uni but nothing of them being in a relationship then. Please provide evidence that they were in a relationship prior to the lovers lane murders.

David has stated in interviews and in writing that his relationship with Ted started to deteriorate in 86, from 86-89 they remained in contact via letters. It was in 89 that Linda came between them when David asked him to be his best man.

As for Linda she has repeatedly stated in interview after interview after interview, she has never met Ted. Your walking in on them kissing is false unless you can demonstrate why Linda lied. Furthermore David was in New York when Ted was at Berkeley, prior to that Ted was in Michigan, they hadn’t resided in the same city since 63 when they took different academic paths.

After Ted was convicted the family gave numerous interviews, growing up Ted would cry if he saw an animal hurt or distressed, Ted Sr. gave an account of him needing to give up hunting because Ted jr freaked out after rabbit was killed. Ted might be many things but he doesn’t appear to be a sadist. This is consistent with the unabomber killing from a distance, it’s a political agenda and Machiavellian with the end justifies the means, but he doesn’t get his hands dirty. This is in contrast with the zodiac who by admission gets thrilled by killing.

Although a movie is not always a great reference, check out the movie Unabomber with Sam Worthington. It depicts Ted as a young teenanger, who catches his brother and girlfriend necking in the woods. The girlfriend freaks out. They all freak out. Ted loses his play friend.

If Ted went to Uni at 16, he must have been younger, like 13?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the beginning, police felt Unabomber crimes were random thrill kills, then it was discovered there were underlying motives for the targets.

The Zodiac also told one victim that he had resided in Montana near Lincoln, the town Kaczynski lived near when he was arrested last month.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=zodiac+vs+unabomber

Why would the police treat it as a thrill kill when they were looking for the terrorist organisation that purported signed the letters? I suspect you’ve just thrown this in after I pointed out the differing MO’s.

I had to laugh at this quote, it’s the most blatant example of cherry picking I’ve seen. From the same article.

Still skeptical at best, San Francisco detectives have asked the FBI for copies of Kaczynski's fingerprints to see if they match a bloody print from one Zodiac slaying scene, and yesterday they pulled three boxes of files from storage to sift for new clues.
"Some of it is pretty farfetched, but there are enough similarities for us to at least look at it," said Vince Repetto, a San Francisco homicide inspector
assigned to the Zodiac probe. "It's not like this is a full-fledged investigation into this angle, . . . but then you just don't want to ignore it."
Despite the common threads, there are plenty of differences between the Zodiac killer and the Unabomber. Chief among them are their methods of killing. The Zodiac killer used guns and knives; the Unabomber employed bombs to leave three dead and 23 injured since 1978.
If the fingerprints match, or if solid links appear between the copious writings of the Unabomber and the Zodiac, detectives may ask the FBI for more documents, Repetto said. They may also run DNA tests comparing Kaczynski's saliva with that on old Zodiac envelopes.

You’ve just taken the one paragraph that supports your view and ignored the rest of the article where the police are stating their doing due diligence but aren’t taking it seriously.

Notice they talk of fingerprints and DNA, what ever become of that, oh that’s right nadda.

Keep in mind that this article was at the early stage of enquires, let’s look at teds movements. 63-67 Michigan, 67-69 Berkeley, 69-71 Illinois, 71 onwards Montana. So now the zodiac told a survivor he’s from Montana, that would place it between 68-69.

Now either the zodiac planted a ruse or told the truth. If he lied your Montana link evaporates, if he told the truth then it can’t be Ted because he was in Berkeley. Doesn’t do much for your hypothesis.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Although a movie is not always a great reference, check out the movie Unabomber with Sam Worthington. It depicts Ted as a young teenanger, who catches his brother and girlfriend necking in the woods. The girlfriend freaks out. They all freak out. Ted loses his play friend.

If Ted went to Uni at 16, he must have been younger, like 13?

David is 7.5 years younger. Seriously your taking all this off a movie? No wonder I feel like I’m on a hamster wheel.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
David is 7.5 years younger. Seriously your taking all this off a movie? No wonder I feel like I’m on a hamster wheel.

Have you watched the movie? Obviously not.

Have you that piece of evidence in your expertise of the million of pages that eliminates him from the crime? You seem to skip that one for someone with all the answers.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you watched the movie? Obviously not.

Have you that piece of evidence in your expertise of the million of pages that eliminates him from the crime? You seem to skip that one for someone with all the answers.

But you haven’t seen the movie? Seriously

Since when is a movie a credible source of information? I’ll take the witness accounts of David and Linda over a movie anytime, sorry if that doesn’t suit your narrative.

I don’t profess expertise, fortunately for me one doesn’t need expertise to knock holes in this theory it discredits itself, it’s built on supposition.

I’ve answered this question a number of times, his DNA and fingerprints do not match, if you don’t accept that, that your choice. he was not in San Francisco when and where the bulk of the zodiac letters were mailed from.

According to David on his blog his diaries run into 30,000 pages, he left nothing out. They’ve been examined along with other writings of his, there’s no zodiac in them or other crimes, but they are detailed on the unabomber crimes.

While we’re talking about unanswered questions, how you going with the questions I’ve put to you, I mean it’s your theory don’t you think you should offer some support to it?

Where’s the reference to mt Diablo in the manifesto?
Have you found the changed MO in the 25 zodiac letters?
Can you outline the links in the manifesto and the Halloween card?
Have you found any puzzles the unabomber sent to the media?
Can you demonstrate that Linda lied about not knowing Ted?
Can you determine that Ted and Linda had a relationship prior to the lovers lane murders?
Can you determine how the zodiac letters sent after 69 by the zodiac were post stamped just outside San Francisco when Ted was in Illinois and Montana?

That’s just a sample, I’ve posed question and requested evidence in nearly every response to you. All you’ve provided is supposition, I want to see this evidence you have, please provide it. I’ve at least tried to answer every point you’ve made, but I won’t repeat myself as that gets tedious.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Since when is a movie a credible source of information? I’ll take the witness accounts of David and Linda over a movie anytime, sorry if that doesn’t suit your narrative.

I don’t profess expertise, fortunately for me one doesn’t need expertise to knock holes in this theory it discredits itself, it’s built on supposition.

I’ve answered this question a number of times, his DNA and fingerprints do not match, if you don’t accept that, that your choice. he was not in San Francisco when and where the bulk of the zodiac letters were mailed from.

According to David on his blog his diaries run into 30,000 pages, he left nothing out. They’ve been examined along with other writings of his, there’s no zodiac in them or other crimes, but they are detailed on the unabomber crimes.

While we’re talking about unanswered questions, how you going with the questions I’ve put to you, I mean it’s your theory don’t you think you should offer some support to it?

Can you determine that Ted and Linda had a relationship prior to the lovers lane murders?
Can you determine how the zodiac letters sent after 69 by the zodiac were post stamped just outside San Francisco when Ted was in Illinois and Montana?

That’s just a sample, I’ve posed question and requested evidence in nearly every response to you. All you’ve provided is supposition, I want to see this evidence you have, please provide it. I’ve at least tried to answer every point you’ve made, but I won’t repeat myself as that gets tedious.

Of the gazillion pieces of published information - with your extensive knowledge without watching the movie, can you find one piece of evidence to eliminate Ted?

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Ted distanced himself from Zodiac. Of course there is no evidence. Zodiac finishes, Unabomber starts.

He evolved to Unabomber the eco terrorist because he wanted to justify in his sick head his murderous charade. It was his ticket to convince a jury in his sick head.

Both criminals corresponded with police in the same manner. They both have the same persona. They both made demands to media, police, and the public.

There was no sexual act in the crimes. Look at the demographic Zodiac targeted for the stabbings.

Unabomber took a bus for 3 hours. He was 3 hours by bus out of San Fran. He had no car.

Zodiac took a taxi in San Fran. They cannot find Zodiac. There is no more crimes, because he is in prison.

One piece of information that would eliminate Ted? One? You are the expert, you must have one.

Last edited:

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ted distanced himself from Zodiac. Of course there is no evidence. Zodiac finishes, Unabomber starts.

He evolved to Unabomber the eco terrorist because he wanted to justify in his sick head his murderous charade. It was his ticket to convince a jury in his sick head.

Both criminals corresponded with police in the same manner. They both have the same persona. They both made demands to media, police, and the public.

There was no sexual act in the crimes. Look at the demographic Zodiac targeted for the stabbings.

Unabomber took a bus for 3 hours. He was 3 hours by bus out of San Fran. He had no car.

Zodiac took a taxi in San Fran. They cannot find Zodiac. There is no more crimes, because he is in prison.

One piece of information that would eliminate Ted? One? You are the expert, you must have one.

If by expert you mean actually reading something rather than relying on a movie in a two hour package of creative license for entertainment purposes? Well then half this board are professors.

I’ve answered your question time and time again, it’s your choice not to acknowledge it, but I’m not going to engage in ground hog day.

30,000 pages of diaries and no mention of zodiac, and your response is Ted tied to distance himself from zodiac. They were encrypted diaries not ment to read by anyone else. Who exactly was he trying to convince, himself? There’s no evidence he distanced himself from anything, his brother has all his writings spanning his life, and according to him they were detailed and left nothing out, you would expect his writings before his metamorphosis to shed some light, but nothing.

And now you have Ted doing day trips on a bus. Based on what? Are there witnesses? Was he known to frequent the area while he was in Montana? Have you got any basis for this at all? It looks like you dreamt this up to bridge the cognitive dissonance. And your basis for the bus trip is that the zodiac took a cab once and Ted didn’t drive a car. Have you forgotten the survivor from lovers lane, he described the zodiacs car as being a mustang or similar. Ted didn’t have a car right? You repeatedly say Ted tried to distance himself from the zodiac, but continuing to mail letters is hardly drawing attention away, it’s putting it in the spotlight.

Ah but the letters. Have you looked at the murder of Cheri Jo Bates? She’s a suspected zodiac victim. She was murdered in 66, the killer sent a letter detailing her murder to police, he also carved a note in the desk of her school library, sent letters to her parents and harassed them with phone calls. Very similar to zodiac both in the murder and harassment, but it’s not definitive hence zodiac is only a suspect. Now Ted was in Michigan in 66 so it could not have been him, unless there’s another mystery bus tour.

Two possibilities, zodiac did it, in which case Ted is not the zodiac, or the zodiac didn’t do it. If the zodiac didn’t do it that means there is a third killer, active in the area writing letters to police. So killers writing letters to police would hardly be unique and certainly not the sole basis for linking the two cases. Because beyond that, there’s no similarity in the crimes. One could argue that the Cheri Jo Bates murder has far more in common with zodiac than the unabomber. Still waiting on the similarity between the Halloween card and the manifesto.

I’ve repeatedly asked you to provide evidence supporting your hypothesis that the unabomber, and thus far you haven’t, but I will give you credit you have finally at least addressed the question. In your first paragraph “of course there is no evidence” sandwiched between assumptions of course.

Basically your hypothesis consists of some superficial similarities that don’t stand up to scrutiny, a mountain of supposition not based on any evidence because, “of course there is no evidence”.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
If by expert you mean actually reading something rather than relying on a movie in a two hour package of creative license for entertainment purposes? Well then half this board are professors.

I’ve answered your question time and time again, it’s your choice not to acknowledge it, but I’m not going to engage in ground hog day.

30,000 pages of diaries and no mention of zodiac, and your response is Ted tied to distance himself from zodiac. They were encrypted diaries not ment to read by anyone else. Who exactly was he trying to convince, himself? There’s no evidence he distanced himself from anything, his brother has all his writings spanning his life, and according to him they were detailed and left nothing out, you would expect his writings before his metamorphosis to shed some light, but nothing.

And now you have Ted doing day trips on a bus. Based on what? Are there witnesses? Was he known to frequent the area while he was in Montana? Have you got any basis for this at all? It looks like you dreamt this up to bridge the cognitive dissonance. And your basis for the bus trip is that the zodiac took a cab once and Ted didn’t drive a car. Have you forgotten the survivor from lovers lane, he described the zodiacs car as being a mustang or similar. Ted didn’t have a car right? You repeatedly say Ted tried to distance himself from the zodiac, but continuing to mail letters is hardly drawing attention away, it’s putting it in the spotlight.

Ah but the letters. Have you looked at the murder of Cheri Jo Bates? She’s a suspected zodiac victim. She was murdered in 66, the killer sent a letter detailing her murder to police, he also carved a note in the desk of her school library, sent letters to her parents and harassed them with phone calls. Very similar to zodiac both in the murder and harassment, but it’s not definitive hence zodiac is only a suspect. Now Ted was in Michigan in 66 so it could not have been him, unless there’s another mystery bus tour.

Two possibilities, zodiac did it, in which case Ted is not the zodiac, or the zodiac didn’t do it. If the zodiac didn’t do it that means there is a third killer, active in the area writing letters to police. So killers writing letters to police would hardly be unique and certainly not the sole basis for linking the two cases. Because beyond that, there’s no similarity in the crimes. One could argue that the Cheri Jo Bates murder has far more in common with zodiac than the unabomber. Still waiting on the similarity between the Halloween card and the manifesto.

I’ve repeatedly asked you to provide evidence supporting your hypothesis that the unabomber, and thus far you haven’t, but I will give you credit you have finally at least addressed the question. In your first paragraph “of course there is no evidence” sandwiched between assumptions of course.

Basically your hypothesis consists of some superficial similarities that don’t stand up to scrutiny, a mountain of supposition not based on any evidence because, “of course there is no evidence”.

Ted obviously has had some mental issues. Mentally ill people can adopt totally different personalities.

But have you watched the movie with Sam Worthington in it? Watch it. You obviously have researched the crap out of it.

Thanks for the info.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ted obviously has had some mental issues. Mentally ill people can adopt totally different personalities.

But have you watched the movie with Sam Worthington in it? Watch it. You obviously have researched the crap out of it.

Thanks for the info.

I will see the movie, if it’s a good movie it doesn’t matter if it’s not accurate.

The physiatric reports didn’t note multiple personalities, it’s not a given with paranoid schizophrenia.

Back at uni with some mates in my maths class we thought we’d give the cyphers a crack so needed to research the case for hints at a possible starting place. Got nowhere fast.

If this case is ever solved I’d suspect it will be through familial DNA.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I will see the movie, if it’s a good movie it doesn’t matter if it’s not accurate.

The physiatric reports didn’t note multiple personalities, it’s not a given with paranoid schizophrenia.

Back at uni with some mates in my maths class we thought we’d give the cyphers a crack so needed to research the case for hints at a possible starting place. Got nowhere fast.

If this case is ever solved I’d suspect it will be through familial DNA.

Its a good movie.

The prints on the taxi are interesting. Considering he was wearing gloves.

I find the spelling errors in the letters and the puzzles interesting.

Back