Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its a good movie.

The prints on the taxi are interesting. Considering he was wearing gloves.

I find the spelling errors in the letters and the puzzles interesting.

It was also interesting the gloves at the scene, apparently they were smallish, could they have been a clue to another victim, he did claim many more victims and the police suspected him in other murders.

I suspect the spelling mistakes are deliberately placed. In his first cypher he uses the word paradice (sic) , the same spelling appears on the Halloween cards. Is he trying to draw attention to the word paradise. If memory serves me correctly the mt Diablo map has a paradise drive.

It’s a riddle, my guess is solve the riddles and you get the keys to the cyphers that reveal him.

But yet again I got nowhere so what would I know.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Chameleon75 So what do you make of this sentence?

Zodiac%20Radians%20hint.jpg

http://zodiackillerfacts.com/The Mysteries of the Mt. Diablo Map.htm

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Well that’s one of the mysteries. Well I think it’s reasonable to assume that mt Diablo is a set out point, question is setting out what? Radians is just an angle, so an angle in relation to what? I think there’s other clues in the letters that would give this more relevance. But that raises the question what clues?

It’s quite the complex puzzle.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm going with x = (#/(inches x degrees));

So (third victim/(inches*degrees)) from the bench mark equals radians. I wouldn't of thought it ordinance height. I think he is saying he is a mathematician

The problem is, with the rambling, there could be errors

Something along those lines. Which probably means you need the map to scale inches

All imperial so old school American.

Last edited:

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Have you watched the movie? Obviously not.

Have you that piece of evidence in your expertise of the million of pages that eliminates him from the crime? You seem to skip that one for someone with all the answers.
Have you watched the movie?

If it's the one I think you are talking about it was actually a series over 8 to 10 episodes on Netflix.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Chameleon75 Are all the murders within the baseline and meridian quadrant? So you have to measure/scale in inches on the Philips map from the Devil Mountain ordinance pickup to the crime scene? Then calculate radians? Its just a game.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chameleon75 Are all the murders within the baseline and meridian quadrant? So you have to measure/scale in inches on the Philips map from the Devil Mountain ordinance pickup to the crime scene? Then calculate radians? Its just a game.

I gave up trying to figure this out years ago.

The reference to radians and inches presumably is polar coordinates. There’s a reference to magnetic north. My guess is an angle is measured in radians from magnetic north and then a distance measured along that plane in inches on the map provided. Presumably that would reveal something. The questions remain, how many radians and how many inches, and what is that something.

Smarter people than me haven’t worked it out, so I won’t be.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I gave up trying to figure this out years ago.

The reference to radians and inches presumably is polar coordinates. There’s a reference to magnetic north. My guess is an angle is measured in radians from magnetic north and then a distance measured along that plane in inches on the map provided. Presumably that would reveal something. The questions remain, how many radians and how many inches, and what is that something.

Smarter people than me haven’t worked it out, so I won’t be.

You'll need a map, the compass set at 17 degs west and for each body over angle on the compass from the survey pick up.

He's telling you he is a mathematician. They both want to impair their self deluded intelligence. First you have to hope it is correct, then hope he is not in a delirious rabble. Then he just wants you to play his game which wont help find him fully, if at all.

It's typical I'm smarter than everyone else, but if it were given to him, he probably wouldn't be able to work it out himself if someone else had set the code.

Its Ted.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Teds self deluded higher superiority doesn't want to play with other people. Even if he was bored, he didn't want to play.

Ted Sr. once coaxed his son into attending a scout meeting, only to see him move into another shutdown once they got there. The scoutmaster told the father it was probably best not to push. "So he came home and it was a disappointment because we were trying so hard," Wanda said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...a541628/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.070515d2b240

To his family, Kaczynski is a sad, tortured man -- a mathematical genius who swiftly climbed the academic ladder even as he became an emotional cripple. He had penetrated the mysteries of a complex science but never savored the simple joys of love and friendship.

http://edition.cnn.com/fyi/school.tools/profiles/kaczynski/index.story.html

There was Greek symbols in Teds codes?

The University of Chicago gave him a scholarship to take a summer course on Greek tragedy when he was 15.
http://edition.cnn.com/fyi/school.tools/profiles/kaczynski/index.story.html

Last edited:

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You'll need a map, the compass set at 17 degs west and for each body over angle on the compass from the survey pick up.

He's telling you he is a mathematician. They both want to impair their self deluded intelligence. First you have to hope it is correct, then hope he is not in a delirious rabble. Then he just wants you to play his game which wont help find him fully, if at all.

It's typical I'm smarter than everyone else, but if it were given to him, he probably wouldn't be able to work it out himself if someone else had set the code.

Its Ted.

Where do you get 17 degrees from?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its the magnetic deviation for the area at the time. 16.8 to set true north.

Even if that puzzle is solved, I doubt it will help find him. Just saying.

Yea I got that , but why use 17deg and not Pi or another value?

That’s the problem with solutions I’ve seen over the years and probably why it hasn’t been solved, all the solutions start with an assumption.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yea I got that , but why use 17deg and not Pi or another value?

That’s the problem with solutions I’ve seen over the years and probably why it hasn’t been solved, all the solutions start with an assumption.

17 degs is the compass offset for the Mt Diablo area to use the map.

He has used radians to relate from Devil Mountain ordinance benchmark.

Rad = 57.2958 degs

First victim (1) is so many inches from the benchmark times 57.2958, or degrees west of true north. Ill have a look.

I wonder if his victims were chosen by destination based on his formula using radians. So his next victim might be chosen on the distance from the benchmark. It could be a pile of rabble if he is really mentally messed up.

The radius of the crime from benchmark equals the radian of the next angle he commits the crime???

I need to see if the crimes were created between the meridian and baseline which intersects devil mountain survey benchmark

zodiac-peak-benchmark.jpg

zodiac-radians.jpg

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It looks like the victims in one instance are 1 radian apart from Devil Mountain benchmark.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It looks like the victims in one instance are 1 radian apart from Devil Mountain benchmark.

This may explain why Paul Stines was driven to the spot he was shot. Zodiacs algorithm determined where he would shoot the taxi driver, Paul Stines?

So if the radius and radian was in inches?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
17 degs is the compass offset for the Mt Diablo area to use the map.

He has used radians to relate from Devil Mountain ordinance benchmark.

Rad = 57.2958 degs

First victim (1) is so many inches from the benchmark times 57.2958, or degrees west of true north. Ill have a look.

I wonder if his victims were chosen by destination based on his formula using radians. So his next victim might be chosen on the distance from the benchmark. It could be a pile of rabble if he is really mentally messed up.

The radius of the crime from benchmark equals the radian of the next angle he commits the crime???

I need to see if the crimes were created between the meridian and baseline which intersects devil mountain survey benchmark

zodiac-peak-benchmark.jpg

zodiac-radians.jpg

Your just repeating the radian theory spelled out by Gareth Penn in times 17, that’s already been debunked, his theory rests on assumptions that don’t come from the zodiac correspondence.

http://zodiackillerfacts.com/zodiac...n-michael-ohare/penns-radian-theory-debunked/

On a side note Gareth Penn is also a suspect.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Your just repeating the radian theory spelled out by Gareth Penn in times 17, that’s already been debunked, his theory rests on assumptions that don’t come from the zodiac correspondence.

http://zodiackillerfacts.com/zodiac...n-michael-ohare/penns-radian-theory-debunked/

I'm not repeating at all. I didn't know about Gareth Penn. Its a valid point. Zodiac has given the Philips survey map. Someone has supplied 1 radian on the map between victims. Zodiac has given the map with the benchmark which has the purpose of surveying.

So this image below which clearly states radians underneath it is not Zodiac?

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Here is the note enlarged with a pound symbol, which I think pertains to each numerical victim or crime.

Under it is a symbol which is often used for the ordinance benchmark, used in surveying. A.M.S.L.

The circle with cross through it is often a symbol used by surveyors to denote a datum or pick up.

zodiac-radians-symbols-bf.jpg

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not repeating at all. I didn't know about Gareth Penn. Its a valid point. Zodiac has given the Philips survey map. Someone has supplied 1 radian on the map between victims. Zodiac has given the map with the benchmark which has the purpose of surveying.

So this image below which clearly states radians underneath it is not Zodiac?

Read the attachment it covers this, what you attached says radians not 1 radian, that’s the point it could be 1 or 2 or 3.5, 1 radian is not specified. Also penn was found fudge it a bit he miss plotted the coordinates, when measured with the actual coordinates it came out to something like 60 degrees and not 1 radian. And he makes no account of the inches either.

I wouldn’t discount it completely, it could be the killer intended for it to be 1 radian but it didn’t work out exactly as intended.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
In fact the pound over the broad-arrow symbol is an R.L. So it would be each numerical pick up, in order, with the R.L. datum in place.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
It was also interesting the gloves at the scene, apparently they were smallish, could they have been a clue to another victim, he did claim many more victims and the police suspected him in other murders.

I suspect the spelling mistakes are deliberately placed. In his first cypher he uses the word paradice (sic) , the same spelling appears on the Halloween cards. Is he trying to draw attention to the word paradise. If memory serves me correctly the mt Diablo map has a paradise drive.

It’s a riddle, my guess is solve the riddles and you get the keys to the cyphers that reveal him.

But yet again I got nowhere so what would I know.
Pair a dice ;)

snake eyes ;)

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Read the attachment it covers this, what you attached says radians not 1 radian, that’s the point it could be 1 or 2 or 3.5, 1 radian is not specified. Also penn was found fudge it a bit he miss plotted the coordinates, when measured with the actual coordinates it came out to something like 60 degrees and not 1 radian. And he makes no account of the inches either.

I wouldn’t discount it completely, it could be the killer intended for it to be 1 radian but it didn’t work out exactly as intended.

Totally agree, in his delirium, he has probably made error. Just like the spelling mistakes in the symbol codes.

I just posted an image with radian and inches on it. What, so people are ignoring it?

Back