Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW what's to say that once the ciphers are decoded they lead to anything of significance re identity. No matter how clever I thought I was I wouldn't be giving that up.

I'm looking at Teds background, his history. Anything that will eliminate him. The fact he has already corresponded in a very similar way with police.

As a mathematics professor, Ted could have worked with everybody, not excluding Navy. Noteable is the Mt Diablo benchmark is USMC.

His psychological profile. And he has killed a truck load of people.

His resume puts him in the hot seat. Yep, I'm testing all of this to establish that its him.

Of all the brain power out there. Of the trillions of pages of history. No one can eliminate him.

Dealing with a psychopathic delusional smart arse megalomaniac means any of his games might be wrong, and he doesnt care.

He just wants everyone to play his game in the newspaper. Throw in a bit of navy. Everyone focuses on navy guy.

I’m not getting on your hamster wheel again, we’ve been through that. If you look at the zodiac evidence there’s a number of suspects, you’ve picked one and worked backwards.

BTW what's to say that once the ciphers are decoded they lead to anything of significance re identity. No matter how clever I thought I was I wouldn't be giving that up.

Excellent point.

A hypothetical scenario we know he’s a narcissist, what if he isn’t as smart as he is thinks he is and his puzzles are riddled with errors. Investigators bring in experts that don’t make the same mistakes and the puzzles don’t get solved.

I’m not advocating that, but it’s an example of myriad of possibilities.

Nautical geodetic rose

0*M9gqj5uEy2ANGJBd.png

Excellent point.

A hypothetical scenario we know he’s a narcissist, what if he isn’t as smart as he is thinks he is and his puzzles are riddled with errors. Investigators bring in experts that don’t make the same mistakes and the puzzles don’t get solved.

I totally agree. I think university punched him in the ego. He was all of a sudden with very smart educated people.

If it is true, the university psychologist broke him with mental torture he had not faced. He was with the grown ups, and he was 16. He was no longer the smartest in the room and he didn't like it. Ted was sucked in then spat out mentally! He was too young for it. Ted then set out on vengeance and endevours to rebuild he was the smartest man in the world - in his mind.

Ted locked himself in the cabin all alone, conjuring evil through paranoid delusion, probably with the help of auditory hallucinations. Its why he liked being in his cabin all alone by himself.

His delusion meant he wanted to prove he was smarter than police. To create his codes is very different to solving them. He probably couldn't solve his own puzzles if someone else created them for him.

Ted hunted his own food. He was anti society. He had not a lot of relationships with women, and or poor experiences with women.

Zodiac: "I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST BECAUSE MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUE ANAMAL OF ALL TO KILL SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL"

Last edited:
You’ve reached a conclusion and are reverse engineering
There are quite a few posters on this board that stick to a theory and retro-fit everything to suit, ignore the stuff that doesnt and cram in the detritus.

I have been guilty at times of doing it myself. Some seem to stick to their own theories despite all the overwhelming evidence otherwise.

There are quite a few posters on this board that stick to a theory and retro-fit everything to suit, ignore the stuff that doesnt and cram in the detritus.

I have been guilty at times of doing it myself. Some seem to stick to their own theories despite all the overwhelming evidence otherwise.

We all do it at times if we’re honest.

Melsy you’ve said that Ted doesn’t drive or own a car, how certain are you of that, is it a fact. Legitimate question.

Yeah, its the movie. Netflix, Sam Worthington. Unabomber. They said he doesn't own a car.

Do note Zodiac was in a taxi when he murdered Paul Stines. Zodiac can't have walked everywhere.

Bus routes to other victims? I need to read more about it.

Zodiac had a car to start killing couples.

Is there an executive summary of facts on Zodiac somewhere? What guns were used?

Yeah, its the movie. Netflix, Sam Worthington. Unabomber. They said he doesn't own a car.

Do note Zodiac was in a taxi when he murdered Paul Stines. Zodiac can't have walked everywhere.

Bus routes to other victims? I need to read more about it.

Zodiac had a car to start killing couples.

Is there an executive summary of facts on Zodiac somewhere? What guns were used?

There are 3 attacks attributed to the zodiac (ones he claimed) that he used a car. But Ted didn’t drive?

News paper reports at the time of the steins murder reported police saying it’s a 9mm, the subsequent zodiac letter claimed it a 38. It is generally accepted that the police changed that detail initially so they could weed out the wackos.

On the steins murder, did you know that Ted was living with his parents at Illinois at the time?

Edit: the zodiac killer facts website you quote from is pretty good, I’d say maybe 90% sticks to the facts and 10% the author inserts their opinion, it’s better than a lot of other sites.

Last edited:
There are 3 attacks attributed to the zodiac (ones he claimed) that he used a car. But Ted didn’t drive?

News paper reports at the time of the steins murder reported police saying it’s a 9mm, the subsequent zodiac letter claimed it a 38. It is generally accepted that the police changed that detail initially so they could weed out the wackos.

On the steins murder, did you know that Ted was living with his parents at Illinois at the time?

Edit: the zodiac killer facts website you quote from is pretty good, I’d say maybe 90% sticks to the facts and 10% the author inserts their opinion, it’s better than a lot of other sites.

There was certainly was a car early in the crimes. Ted didn't have a car in Lincoln, Montana. He only had a bike.

It would be interesting to see vehicle ownership of Ted with the two Zodiac and Unabomber.

This may help eliminate Ted from the Zodiac crime.

The rule of fives: it can be demonstrated that everything in the world is related to the number five........if you try hard enough. :)

Starting to sound like a Mathematics professor with the knowledge breadth of numbers really isn't it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was certainly was a car early in the crimes. Ted didn't have a car in Lincoln, Montana. He only had a bike.

It would be interesting to see vehicle ownership of Ted with the two Zodiac and Unabomber.

This may help eliminate Ted from the Zodiac crime.
Both NY Times and other sites suggest Ted didnt have a drivers licence until 1978.
https://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/07/us/tapestry-of-links-in-the-unabom-inquiry.html

Mr. Kaczynski's younger brother, David, also lived with their parents about the same time, according to neighbors and driver's license records, after spending a few years in Lisbon, Iowa, where the parents had lived for two years in the 1960's. Linda Patrik, whom David had known since high school and would later marry, received a doctorate in philosophy at Northwestern in May 1978, the month of the first Unabom explosion. Whether she served to draw Theodore Kaczynski's attention to the university is unclear.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/background/insane/kaczynski.html
On July 7, 1978, Kaczynski applied for an Illinois driver's license, and listed his address as his parents' home in Lombard, Illinois. That license expired in 1982. He obtained a Montana state identification card in 1983, and a driver's license in 1986. His driver's license expired in April 1996, while he was in federal custody.

And this doesnt conclusively rule out Teds ability to drive a vehicle earlier. Just the difficulties if apprehended by LE

It’s a joke. It’s one of tenets of the parody religion of discordia. Basically means if you ignore evidence and logic you can derive a connection between anything.
I like your paradigm, but you have given me nothing to eliminate him from the investigation. The opposite could be said, you refuse to acknowledge the geographical attributes, similarities and the timeline of a man with murderous precedent holding a mental illness conducive to multiple personalities.

With all the trillion pages of information on him specifically. Its not like there is a shortage of info here. There is nothing to eliminate him.

You're the expert. Show us your expertise.

Yep, they still can't find him. Looking forward to them finding the Zodiac. My bet is never. But you can't place odds on that.

Last edited:
Teds car ownership or the lack there of could be the key to eliminating him from this crime. Specifically the timeline of ownership or not owning a car.

I certainly wouldn't want to get in the road of your cognitive dissonance.

I like your paradigm, but you have given me nothing to eliminate him from the investigation. The opposite could be said, you refuse to acknowledge the geographical attributes, similarities and the timeline of a man with murderous precedent holding a mental illness conducive to multiple personalities.

With all the trillion pages of information on him specifically. Its not like there is a shortage of info here. There is nothing to eliminate him.

You're the expert. Show us your expertise.

Yep, they still can't find him. Looking forward to them finding the Zodiac. My bet is never. But you can't place odds on that.

There is nothing eliminating Ted as big foot

I don't think Big Foot will ever be eliminated. There is just too much white snow.

According to Douglas Oswell and Michael Rusconi the ones that came up the unabomber zodiac theory. They have researched the entirety of teds movements. They confirmed that Ted travelled to Alaska and Canada in 70 & 71, add to that teds general disheveled appearance, it’s pretty compelling.

Until someone can eliminate Ted, he has to remain big foot suspect no 1.

I do wonder if the FBI have an ongoing interest in keeping it alive. Maybe the thousands of users online turn up some interesting information for a number of purposes. Other POIs, potential criminals.

Unabomber on Netflix is worth a watch. "We have hundreds of arseholes like you. Your mummy has been telling you, you are special all your life"
https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80176878

Mindhunter is funny. "You big fat pussy!"
https://www.netflix.com/title/80114855

Last edited:
Excellent point.

The ones that have been "solved" already indicate "typo" errors eg substituting "I" for "s", other spelling mistakes and a string of unintelligible gobbledygook. Perhaps it was to throw off investigators but anyone taking that much care to develop those ciphers and send them to cops/journos wants their message to be read

The ones that have been "solved" already indicate "typo" errors eg substituting "I" for "s", other spelling mistakes and a string of unintelligible gobbledygook. Perhaps it was to throw off investigators but anyone taking that much care to develop those ciphers and send them to cops/journos wants their message to be read

What about Louie Myers as a suspect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back