Unsolved The Zodiac Killer

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Very high intellect thats why it’s taken 50 plus yrs to decipher I think they have only scratched the surface
Creating the cipher shows intellect.
Don't need to be a genius to create one, pretty hard to decipher one though, especially when you've ****ed up writing it out and misspell words like this zodiac dude did.

Wonder if the dude who confessed on the previous page has been ruled out? There's partial DNA from the stamps.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've still got a lot to go through to get up to speed on the TZK Currently still reading page 2 and some spin-off links. A couple of early thoughts;

1. Could it be as simple as TZK being dyslexic?
2. Apparently they have partial DNA from the stamp. I'm assuming they are doing regular scans to find a partial match. Is it possible there's no matches because he never had kids, nieces, nephews, etc

Dyslexia
Military background
No kids
No siblings
Religious
Lived in Northern Cali
Looked like a nerd

Is it possible for LE to develop a list based on that, and sort it by best match?

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
so they have cracked the code. showing a message to police.

there could be a another message embeded in those words,
the key woud be left over letters, or another cipher.

Last edited:

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've still got a lot to go through to get up to speed on the TZK Currently still reading page 2 and some spin-off links. A couple of early thoughts;

1. Could it be as simple as TZK being dyslexic?
2. Apparently they have partial DNA from the stamp. I'm assuming they are doing regular scans to find a partial match. Is it possible there's no matches because he never had kids, nieces, nephews, etc

Dyslexia
Military background
No kids
No siblings
Religious
Lived in Northern Cali
Looked like a nerd

Is it possible for LE to develop a list based on that, and sort it by best match?
most likely unmaried

Last edited:

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING LOTS OF FUN IN TRYING TO CATCH ME

THAT WASNT ME ON THE TV SHOW

WHICH BRINGS UP A POINT ABOUT ME

I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE GAS CHAMBER

BECAUSE IT WILL SEND ME TO PARADICE ALL THE SOONER

BECAUSE I NOW HAVE ENOUGH SLAVES TO WORK FOR ME

WHERE EVERYONE ELSE HAS NOTHING WHEN THEY REACH PARADICE

SO THEY ARE AFRAID OF DEATH

I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE IS

LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADICE DEATH

What does he mean by "having enough slaves"?

Does he think that when he kills people they will be his slave in the afterlife?

This to me suggests TZK is delusional. I'm not across all the suspects, but not sure any of them will fit the bill.

Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Does he think that when he kills people they will be his slave in the afterlife?

This to me suggests TZK is delusional. I'm not across all the suspects, but not sure any of them will fit the bill.
Everything he did was designed to create a mystique and fear about his existence. The claim about having slaves was just another element to that. He was a serial killer so definitely an angry man, but I wouldn't take this as evidence for being delusional.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everything he did was designed to create a mystique and fear about his existence. The claim about having slaves was just another element to that. He was a serial killer so definitely an angry man, but I wouldn't take this as evidence for being delusional.
And maybe he was planting seeds of mental illness in case he got caught. Lots of people think the Son of Sam faked his mental illness.

Stickitupthem

Team Captain
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Hitchhiking was common for girls and women in the 1960s and 70s as a cheap way of getting around. It was men like Zodiac that brought an end to it.
Throw Milat in their as well definetly
Disturbing
I stopped hitchhiking in the 80 s when too mamy incidents occurred with friends
But
At 16 I once missed a train stop Being young and naive I ended up walking up a side street not knowing where I was when a couple of 18 yr old girls were walking out of a partyhouse all happy and laughing with a young bloke I asked them fir directions to my stop when the young bloke said I’ll drop you off it’s in my way
After a couple of mins of driving he took a hard right down an industrial estate saying his out of petrol it was pitch black and I knew I was in trouble as he stopped I opened the door he reached under his seat and in a split second I glanced back to see a shiny knife was in his hands i bolted I would have given U bolt a run fir his money 28 yrs later I still remember the incident like yesterday
Just brought back memories talking about these freaks

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At 16 I once missed a train stop Being young and naive I ended up walking up a side street not knowing where I was when a couple of 18 yr old girls were walking out of a partyhouse all happy and laughing with a young bloke I asked them fir directions to my stop when the young bloke said I’ll drop you off it’s in my way
After a couple of mins of driving he took a hard right down an industrial estate saying his out of petrol it was pitch black and I knew I was in trouble as he stopped I opened the door he reached under his seat and in a split second I glanced back to see a shiny knife was in his hands i bolted I would have given U bolt a run fir his money 28 yrs later I still remember the incident like yesterday
One time I got drunk on the Reeperbahn with a couple of guys after a show. Everything was closed but one of them said I know a good place. He led us to an underground car park. At that point I bailed. No idea if anything happened to the other guy but would not have been surprised if a knife was involved. The previous trip to the Reeperbahn involved a conversation with two goth chicks about a murder committed by some of their (former) friends. So it's a dodgy place for more than one reason.

Stickitupthem

Team Captain
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
One time I got drunk on the Reeperbahn with a couple of guys after a show. Everything was closed but one of them said I know a good place. He led us to an underground car park. At that point I bailed. No idea if anything happened to the other guy but would not have been surprised if a knife was involved. The previous trip to the Reeperbahn involved a conversation with two goth chicks about a murder committed by some of their (former) friends. So it's a dodgy place for more than one reason.
Who knows how many serial deranged killers
We all have bumped into imagine living next door to BTK highly intelligent and adept at blending in

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

From memory some of the other ZK communications mention afterlife slaves as well. Dunno if he genuinely believed that or if it was just making stuff up to sound unhinged but it's a consistent theme.

I haven't looked too hard into ZK suspects but I reckon if his identity is ever uncovered it'll be like Claremont or the Golden State Killer. It'll be someone whose name has never come up as a possible suspect. The general feeling I get from police is that the investigation while not active is still very much open ended. It's not like some cases where it's accepted one suspect is the likely culprit there's just not enough evidence to charge them

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
yeah i think the letter writer is full of BS, it may have been a ploy to get the real killer talking.
the writer owned up to other killings not contributed to the zodiac killer,
some researchers suggest there may have been two killers???

yeah i think the letter writer is full of BS, it may have been a ploy to get the real killer talking.
the writer owned up to other killings not contributed to the zodiac killer,
some researchers suggest there may have been two killers???
Well the way I interpreted the "have enough slaves to work for me" was that he has "slaves" that can continue doing his murders even if he was caught and put to death. Wouldn't be surprised if there were actually multiple killers

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well the way I interpreted the "have enough slaves to work for me" was that he has "slaves" that can continue doing his murders even if he was caught and put to death. Wouldn't be surprised if there were actually multiple killers
A Manson inspired killing?? lucky there were only a few confirmed killings. the zodiac wasnt the biggest serial killer, but the hardest to work out.
Changing from killing young couples to killing the taxi driver confused the police.

Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
East Perth
It has always been assumed that PARADICE is spelt wrong but not only was it spelt that way in English around the 15th century it is also spelt that way in some other languages. If you assume it is spelt correctly it could narrow the possible suspects, but then it could also expand it in a multicultural country.

The most basic definition of it that i can find is - "a place of pleasure" - from the Greek language, the word itself is believed to have come the Persian language. Whilst Greece did manage to win the Greco-Persian wars in the end many Greek city states where at some point or another conquered, held and influenced by Persia. This went on for about 100 years.

We see similar occurrences in the English language still today amongst different English speaking countries, and foreign languages often translate with different spellings.

So the question is is it really spelt wrong or just spelt that way by someone of another nationality/language?

Back