Media TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Season 31

Remove this Banner Ad

sPn1ZMN.png

The centreline, arguably the most pure selections of the All-SFA side each season. While we might occasionally see a ruck rover nudge out a slightly underwhelming centreman type, you typically end up with two pure wingers and a centre come All-SFA night. Expect to see up and coming SFA talent feature heavily here traditionally, as well as former ruck rovers who've been shafted for the shiny new toy recruited to the club this season. *cough* DemonJim *cough*

MdKOXXX.png

Tonga Bob

Tonga Bob slotted into the left wing at Van Cortlandt back in Rd 1 S29 having joined a rebuilding Warriors outfit with opportunity up for grabs, and 42 games later, he’s made the spot his own, claiming two consecutive All-SFA guernseys for his trouble. Despite clearly being robbed of the EKA, Bob has done particularly well in the awards stakes since joining the SFA, not only resulting in his two All-SFA selections but also nabbing the TFLUA Tiger Medal last season for the best individual season from a player in the SFA. He’s once again enjoying a remarkable season on the wing, punctuated by his unwavering commitment to voting for himself in the Frankston Rover Medal each and every week. One of the most active and engaged Warriors on a weekly basis, he’s a big presence around the league and as a result will be hard to look past when the committee sit down to deliberate late in the season.

Bob, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. While I know this won’t come as a shock to you, please try and pretend.

6zZg6R1.png

DemonJim

The bridesmaid’s bridesmaid, I can only imagine Mrs DemonJim must be a pretty satisfied woman given his unrivalled propensity for coming second on the big night. The Demons stalwart and recent Hall of Fame inductee performs like a metronome season in, season out in the guts at the Snow Dome, and my gut feel™ says even a shift from his customary ruck rover role this season to accommodate old friend and new Dees recruit pantskyle is unlikely to keep him off the leaderboard come Mobbs night. With the Dees yet to hit their strides at the halfway point of the season, Jim can hold his head high as one who has maintained his consistent run of form into Season 31. A solid contributor without having to lead the way for a highly active and engaged Dees outfit, a quick glance around the comp tells me that Jim is pretty much the premier centreman in the competition this season so far, and so that’s where he comes in.

DJ, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, you may have made way for pants this season, but at least you can rest easy knowing hell will freeze over before he wins a Mobbs from there. Right? He couldn’t could he?! Oh Jim...

MFXgAyD.png

guero

No not the simpsons guy, the other one. No, he’s not the Moose guy either. The fridge guy?! No no no, he’s a Gumby isn’t he?

You know, guero. The Bears answer to what if Hatchy1992 pretended to * chicks instead of being drunk. The Las Vegas lothario slots nicely onto the wing as the most memorable contributor at the Bears, which while a low bar, is also a nice way of saying we know who you are Crushy, but do we really care? The second year Bear impressed me in our early season clash and I have to assume he’s gone on with it. A winger with better than decent numbers, while he almost found himself on a back flank, a victim of the famed Agent93 weather handicap and a couple of high profile SFA types looking like securing a wing spot ahead of him, my gut feel™ tells me I can justify slotting him into the side in position, and because I like him that’s all the justification I need.

guero, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, please keep your mullet out of the salad bar. Much obliged.

Last edited:

sPn1ZMN.png

The centreline, arguably the most pure selections of the All-SFA side each season. While we might occasionally see a ruck rover nudge out a slightly underwhelming centreman type, you typically end up with two pure wingers and a centre come All-SFA night. Expect to see up and coming SFA talent feature heavily here traditionally, as well as former ruck rovers who've been shafted for the shiny new toy recruited to the club this season. *cough* DemonJim *cough*

MdKOXXX.png

Tonga Bob

Tonga Bob slotted into the left wing at Van Cortlandt back in Rd 1 S29 having joined a rebuilding Warriors outfit with opportunity up for grabs, and 42 games later, he’s made the spot his own, claiming two consecutive All-SFA guernseys for his trouble. Despite clearly being robbed of the EKA, Bob has done particularly well in the awards stakes since joining the SFA, not only resulting in his two All-SFA selections but also nabbing the TFLUA Tiger Medal last season for the best individual season from a player in the SFA. He’s once again enjoying a remarkable season on the wing, punctuated by his unwavering commitment to voting for himself in the Frankston Rover Medal each and every week. One of the most active and engaged Warriors on a weekly basis, he’s a big presence around the league and as a result will be hard to look past when the committee sit down to deliberate late in the season.

Bob, Welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side. While I know this won’t come as a shock to you, please try and pretend.

6zZg6R1.png

DemonJim

The bridesmaid’s bridesmaid, I can only imagine Mrs DemonJim must be a pretty satisfied woman given his unrivalled propensity for coming second on the big night. The Demons stalwart and recent Hall of Fame inductee performs like a metronome season in, season out in the guts at the Snow Dome, and my gut feel says even a shift from his customary ruck rover role this season to accommodate old friend and new Dees recruit pantskyle is unlikely to keep him off the leaderboard come Mobbs night. With the Dees yet to hit their strides at the halfway point of the season, Jim can hold his head high as one who has maintained his consistent run of form into Season 31. A solid contributor without having to lead the way for a highly active and engaged Dees outfit, a quick glance around the comp tells me that Jim is pretty much the premier centreman in the competition this season so far, and so that’s where he comes in.

DJ, Welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side, you may have made way for pants this season, but at least you can rest easy knowing hell will freeze over before he wins a Mobbs from there. Right? He couldn’t could he?! Oh Jim...

MFXgAyD.png

guero

No not the simpsons guy, the other one. No, he’s not the Moose guy either. The fridge guy?! No no no, he’s a Gumby isn’t he?

You know, guero. The Bears answer to what if Hatchy1992 pretended to fu** chicks instead of being drunk. The Las Vegas lothario slots nicely onto the wing as the most memorable contributor at the Bears, which while a low bar, is also a nice way of saying we know who you are Crushy, but do we really care? The second year Bear impressed me in our early season clash and I have to assume he’s gone on with it. A winger with better than decent numbers, while he almost found himself on a back flank, a victim of the famed Agent93 weather handicap and a couple of high profile SFA types looking like securing a wing spot ahead of him, my gut feel tells me I can justify slotting him into the side in position, and because I like him that’s all the justification I need.

guero, Welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side, please keep your mullet out of the salad bar. Much obliged.

I’m shocked to be standing here. Shocked I tells ya.

I had to check this but I agree. SM and Wosh both with marginally better stats than Tonga Bob and comparable posting contributions.

I have a bigger gut than both of them. You too probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ZsiM1tS.png

The Half Forward flank. The league's premier half forward flankers and the league's most elite Centre Half Forward right? Wrong. The domain of ruck rovers not elite enough to pinch a centre spot, but too elite for the interchange, as well as most likely the 4th or 5th best full forwards. Also admins trying to hide themselves in plain sight because they are bold enough to realise they pick the side so can put themselves wherever they like, but not quite bold enough to take the piss beyond that.

fqPwz0t.png

Supersuns

The second year Roy gave me a serious touch up in his rookie season, so he’s been on my radar ever since. The only S30 Roys rookie to make it to S31 with his dignity in tact, Supersuns has become a staple for a rebuilding Roys side, and featured heavily in our match against them this season, as well as being a recognisable presence around the league as he quietly grows in stature. While he hasn’t spent a minute this season in the forward line, he finds himself selected on a flank as one of the first ruck rover also rans for the side, given my gut tells me he’s probably doing enough on the qooty field for a performing Roys side to make the team at the half way mark, but he’s not doing quite enough to warrant selection in the engine room. His overall package places him well for a surprise selection later this season, and it would certainly soften the blow of being towelled up by an absolute nobody in his first season if he were to go on and build something of a name for himself from here.

Supersuns, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side and thank you for my bath last season, it was delightful.

xfjtf6x.png

fitzroybowiedog

The long serving former Roys skipper and even longer suffering committee member, fitzy has enjoyed something of a renaissance in Season 31 as he spearheads the Roys attack and has become a noticeable presence around the community rooms again down at Brunswick Junction Oval. A universally liked and well respected SFA figure, fitzy has been a feature this season for the Roys throughout the week, and finds himself somewhere near the top of the Fred Medal tree, despite the Roys kinda middling so far this season in, well, typical Roys fashion really. Having handed over the reigns to a spritely young TedDougChris back in S28, fitzy has taken a back seat in recent seasons, but I’ve seen him around enough of late to get the feeling he’s probably doing enough off the field to match his strong performance on the field, which is enough to warrant a cheeky selection here.

Fitzy, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. I would say something like “I can only imagine your shoulders must be tired from carrying the Roys attack so far this season”, but then I remember you are a gorilla and could probably rip my arms out of my sockets and think against it.

BhwfAop.png

The Filth Wizard

Where’s he sitting in the Fred this season as we speak? 9th? 12th? Still, we all know this is happening. Deaths, taxes, and The Filth Wizard going top 20 in the beez and winning All-SFA selection. The reigning premiership Captain and Immortal in waiting, he also just so happens to be the all time leader in SFA selections with significant daylight with a whopping 13 berths. In fact, it gets even more ridiculous, as he’s only missed selection twice since debuting back in S16, and just once in the last 10 seasons. That said, he does purely operate between ruck rover and full forward, and as a genuine champion of the game, he’s certainly earned that right. But rain, hail or shine, The Filth Wizard makes the All-SFA side, and S31 will be no different. Filthy has once again led his Royals admirably, even though they are managing a far tamer output than their barnstorming premiership season, but he has once again been an omnipotent presence around the league and only a fool would back against him. In the high stakes games game of All-SFA, always bet on Filth.

Filth, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. We have reserved The Filthy Lounge for you and your entourage, I have already told everyone they are not to look you in the eyes when you arrive, and your nipple tweaker has been in intensive training ahead of the festivities as you requested.

You're a chance, because you've made my Butt Feel™ All-SFA team too.

Ah, you had the trademark on that. It was the final nail in the coffin of my plans for a chain of family restaurants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back