Opinion Theology Debate

Remove this Banner Ad

He also said guilty feet have got no rhythm, which is also incoherent.

One of the best lines ever written :)

If you had betrayed your partner, do you reckon you'd be able to dance with them? Or would it be awkward? Would your 'guilty feet have no rhythm'?

If you had betrayed your partner, do you reckon you'd be able to dance with them? Or would it be awkward? Would your 'guilty feet have no rhythm'?

Non-issue, can't dance to begin with. ;)

I think the major flaw in the whole debate is the notion that there had to be a beginning. What if it just is? Always was, always will be. Time and the notion of beginning and ends are human constructs. In nature there are no ends only cycles.

I think the major flaw in the whole debate is the notion that there had to be a beginning. What if it just is? Always was, always will be. Time and the notion of beginning and ends are human constructs. In nature there are no ends only cycles.
Don't Christians argue that their god has always existed and always will? It is just that about 10,000 years ago he decide to share his love by creating the universe and populating one tiny planet out of billions with some people, created in his image, to share his love with. This love is shared on the proviso that these people worship him and praise him on a regular basis otherwise horrible things will happen to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clapton-is-god-original.jpg

That's a Platoistic and Socratic outlook - they believed in cycles of existence too. Which is why they believed in reincarnation.

The Egyptians believed that death is only the beginning and that every person's life is weighed against the feather of truth to see if they had led an honest life compatible with their ideals.

As I said once - what if there is a God, and he's just enjoys being a campaigner? I mean, if you think about it - crucifixion would have to be the very worst way you could possibly die. The practice originated in Assyria - these were the campaigners who would blind and cut out the tongues of their captives for fun. And the Romans perfected this form of torture to the point that they could make a person last for hours before having to break their legs so they eventually died of asphyxiation.

And yet, because two campaigners said "We're going to speak for all our offspring and tell you to * off", God's sense of justice said that his own son had to be put through that?

As Epicurus said:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

For such an intelligent geezer you have a pretty low bar set for lyrics :$

For such an intelligent geezer you have a pretty low bar set for lyrics :$

It's genius is in its simplicity.

The best lyricist was Tom Waits though:

What makes a house grand
Oh it ain't the roof or the doors
If there's love in a house
It's a palace for sure
Without love
It ain't nothing but a house
A house where nobody lives

It's genius is in its simplicity.

The best lyricist was Tom Waits though:

What makes a house grand
Oh it ain't the roof or the doors
If there's love in a house
It's a palace for sure
Without love
It ain't nothing but a house
A house where nobody lives
Speaking of Tom here's an appropriate tune

As a hobby, GremioPower writes some opinions and publishes them in a blog. Since you have entered in this subject, I actually have said something about it. The link can be found here: From Beyond the South: "There is no God". Still, I'm leaving the full text below:

“THERE IS NO GOD”
(“From Beyond the South:” I, 6)

It is not a secret that I am moving toward becoming a practicing Catholic, whatever it may mean. It is also not a secret that my wife is Atheist, and she has no interest in changing her position. Still, I pray to my kids every night and I invite them every Sunday to go to the mass with me.

We have our compromises, and, so far, after a decade living as a couple, in three different cities, in two distinct countries, with two kids, so good. The key is to keep finding common grounds and to move from there.

It is not always easy, it almost never is, but we both love each other and we both want this family to be successful. Hence, even both thinking the other’s position to be, let’s say, weird, we are able to make arrangements good enough for both of us.

Last Sunday morning, before leaving for the mass, I could not resist [badly] writing [something that could be mercyfully understood as] a poem. It shows that our beliefs are not far apart. Me, as a Catholic, and her, as an Atheist, we both believe “There is No God:”

God does not exist.
God is no thing.
God is nothing.

Any thing is a thing.
Any thing does exist.
Anything is God.

Loving God is Absolute Love.
Loving nothing is Absolute Love.
Loving no thing is Absolute Love.

One must not love any thing as if it were God.
One shall have no other god before God.
One must love God above all things.

“There is no God” is the ground of the First Commandment.
Hence, if someone is Christian or Jew, for him, there can be no God. Whenever an Atheist says “there is no God”, we can all gladly agree: “you are right.”

After all, there is no God, because God is not “there.” One cannot touch, see, smell, hear, or taste God. One cannot possess God. One cannot know God. One cannot be God. Because one exists, while God has no existence.

There is no God. It simply “is.”​

BEST. COMMUNITY. EVER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back