Society & Culture Theories you and your mates have developed - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids that weren't in the blue house in primary school are destined to failure.

Being in Jacaranda house is also acceptable albeit a bit on the queer side.

I was in Yellow house and we won the overall competition in grades 5 AND 6.

Too bad it didn't correspond to the rest of my life :(

Being in Jacaranda house is also acceptable albeit a bit on the queer side.

At my primary school, if you were in the blue house you were destined for failure, guess what house i was in :eek:

Green House is was best. Followed by Yellow/Gold.

Favourite one from the previous thread:

My mates and I have a theory that you can rate how good your friends are by how comfortable the silences are.

So with good mates you can just sit there with them and have silence for 5-10 mins and it doesn't matter.

But with friends or aqaintances you might not be as close with, if you just sit there in silence it feels really awkward and you have to force conversation, or make some lame excuse to leave.

Green House is was best. Followed by Yellow/Gold.

Favourite one from the previous thread:
[YOUTUBE]p3lY10mQmhg[/YOUTUBE]

Agreed with the shop/houses thing. Also if people change their appearance hard to place how they looked before.

There's a balance of good and bad in the world. i.e. drink lots, go out, have a good time (good) vs hangover (bad). Work long hours (bad) vs earn money (good). Get a cold/flu (bad) vs develop antibodies to that strain of illness (good).

Based on this theory I was wondering what would happen if I decided to work without getting paid. Would my life outside of work improve dramatically?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That people will post things in the "theories you and your mates developed" thread that they think is absolutely ground breaking.

There's a balance of good and bad in the world. i.e. drink lots, go out, have a good time (good) vs hangover (bad). Work long hours (bad) vs earn money (good). Get a cold/flu (bad) vs develop antibodies to that strain of illness (good).

Based on this theory I was wondering what would happen if I decided to work without getting paid. Would my life outside of work improve dramatically?

a bit like the human version of "every action has an equal an opposite reaction"....

agree with j#26 about comfortable silences with your mates. though 5-10 minutes?? a lot longer than that. but i'm very happy not talking a lot of the time so i guess it depends from person to person.

not really a theory that has been developed but i'm trying to work out which side of the "there are a lot of good and interesting people in the world" v "most people are moron's" debate i'm on....

seems to me when i'm stuck in one place i start to veer more to the latter side. maybe that's just getting too comfortable within an environment. kind of like how when you meet someon's folks for the first time and you think they're A+ but your mate/new girlfriend/****buddy thinks they're an absolute pain in the ass....

Re: Dancing on the corpses ashes

I was in blue faction (the other factions were red, yellow and green). In 7 years not once did we win the sports day :thumbsdown:

Having a lardarse constantly dragging the team down definitely didn't help.

All hail King Centrelink

Use your right arm to pull your left shirt sleeve up over your head. Saves time, and improves your quality of life instantly. Can alternate arms.

Dumber females find it easier to get what they want.

'Awareness' is a better attribute for judging a persons mental worth than intelligence.

Every single person on Earth thinks they are smarter than they are.

Any song that 'gets old' is a worthless piece of commercial s**t.

Talking s**t is an art.

You're welcome, all of you.

Re: All hail King Centrelink

you can tell 'cool' asians by how insane they dress

for example,

32052yellowbird-med.jpg

all of those guys would be boss walking down a street in tokyo

Blue house mafia dominating since the dawn of time.

I have a theory that girls in the Northern suburbs are better looking. I'm talking greensborough/diamond creek/Ivanhoe. Not the inner city northern suburbs. Sandringham line also.

It's also easier to pick up in small cities like Bendigo/Ballarat/cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back