Conspiracy Theory There actually are people (State and non-State actors) who ARE brainwashing you, and most of you don't actually know it's happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

I do find it amusing when people use "woke" as of it's some sort of pejorative / insult.

Really.
I don't keep up with child pr0n sites.
Read a book about the dark web once.
Fair enough. Known for child pr0n, white supremacist, neo nazi and anti-semitism s**t. Several mass shooters were users and their manifestos have been posted there multiple times.

Moderation is practically non-existent, it's pretty much the definition of 'lawless'.

I do find it amusing when people use "woke" as of it's some sort of pejorative / insult.

If you just go by definitions, even Scientology sounds relatively harmless:

a religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfilment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955

The woke movement is a cult.

How can one understand they’re brainwashed ..when they’re actually brainwashed?

I'd say 'by relying on fact checked editorially controlled and sourced media, and scientific consensus'

Of course, the Russians have made a point to steer people away from both as 'fake news and just part of the conspiracy because all the worlds media and scientists are in on it' so the cookers rely solely on Instagram posts, random Tweets, grifters on YouTube and so forth for their 'facts'.

Check out the 'sources' cited by people in this entire sub-forum. They're invariably coming from social media sites, posted by anyone, and mostly consist of nothing more than memes or self-evident deliberate misinformation. Literally every single 'source' comes from the above.

The algorithms at work.

I'd say 'by relying on fact checked editorially controlled and sourced media, and scientific consensus'

Of course, the Russians have made a point to steer people away from both as 'fake news and just part of the conspiracy because all the worlds media and scientists are in on it' so the cookers rely solely on Instagram posts, random Tweets, grifters on YouTube and so forth for their 'facts'.

Check out the 'sources' cited by people in this entire sub-forum. They're invariably coming from social media sites, posted by anyone, and mostly consist of nothing more than memes or self-evident deliberate misinformation. Literally every single 'source' comes from the above.

The algorithms at work.
I'm sure you've answered this question in this thread somewhere but how can you be sure your own algorithms are bullet proof?

I can't believe the Hunter Biden laptop is still in the news. It was debunked as Russian disinformation 2 years ago yet the usual outlets are still running stories about it.

Here's a piece of top notch journalism which should convince everyone that it was the dastardly Russians all along.

I can't believe the Hunter Biden laptop is still in the news. It was debunked as Russian disinformation 2 years ago yet the usual outlets are still running stories about it.

Here's a piece of top notch journalism which should convince everyone that it was the dastardly Russians all along.

I've seen Hunter's pr0n videos, if it's him they're hot but not illegal, not even a hint of illegal in his sex partners. Maybe he likes to party and get on the powders, maybe not. It's not a good look.

The still images might be a different story but the likelihood is they're photoshopped.

Russia finds a weakness and moves in to expand and exploit it. Hunter has a couple of weaknesses.

I've seen Hunter's pr0n videos, if it's him they're hot but not illegal, not even a hint of illegal in his sex partners. Maybe he likes to party and get on the powders, maybe not. It's not a good look.

The still images might be a different story but the likelihood is they're photoshopped.

Russia finds a weakness and moves in to expand and exploit it. Hunter has a couple of weaknesses.
Do you still think the laptop is russian disinformation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you give a brief synopsis?
The Biden family needs scrutiny. Hunter, apart from leading a dissolute lifestyle, which was very entertaining, set up “business” links in China and Ukraine (coinkydink?), trading on his father’s position by peddling influence, from which The Big Man, as he was always referred to (in spite of Hunter’s mind-altering habits, Joe’s name was never used) received kickbacks - “10% for the Big Man. All the main foreign players have been verified, some arrested, but as far as Joe, Hunter and brother Jim are concerned (and others) - nothing to see here. Russian disinformation! Except they’ve now admitted it wasn’t.

Better to go to sources yourself than take any media at face value. And no social media isn't a source. Is there any objective media left?
Putin's Russia may be a criminal regime but do you really believe they blew up their own gas pipeline? That's what the mainstream media would have had us believe before disappearing the story completely when it was obvious it wasn't going to fly.

The algorithms at work.

Try the library 🙂

I missed most of the drama over it, the Guardian's got the FBI readying to file charges for tax evasion, buying a gun and making a declaration he didn't have a drug problem, yet admitting elsewhere that he had a drug problem.

Nothing about some of the other questionable stuff I've seen. So did the Russians get in and exploit the situation? Probably. Because that's what they do.

I missed most of the drama over it, the Guardian's got the FBI readying to file charges for tax evasion, buying a gun and making a declaration he didn't have a drug problem, yet admitting elsewhere that he had a drug problem.

Nothing about some of the other questionable stuff I've seen. So did the Russians get in and exploit the situation? Probably. Because that's what they do.
You don't think the contents of the laptop and the security services efforts to shut down the story are a pretty big story?

You don't think the contents of the laptop and the security services efforts to shut down the story are a pretty big story?
Particularly as all the denials and scoffing and Russia allegations took place before the election, then after the election it was, oh yeah it actually is authentic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back