News There ain't no intervention and there never was

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that his story didn't come through one of the more common major footy news outlets.

You're not suggesting that a journalist with the credibility and integrity of The Rover would stoop to making up news, are you?

That's why The Rover will never get a job at mainstream sporting news outlets where you are absolutely never allowed to make up the news.

You're not suggesting that a journalist with the credibility and integrity of Tom Browne would stoop to making up news, are you?

BTW, whoever changed the thread title has all of my love and respect.

856405.gif

Very much doubt Swann is under any real danger. He has done a solid job and the AFL were busting their guts trying to get him here a few years ago.

Just more appropriate to give everyone a good going over rather than just some of the clubs employees

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl/lis...news-trade/1ku9rj962kwd419wkuk6p3i4tb/slide/2

AFL sending a life-Lion

The AFL has quietly set up a rescue mission for the Brisbane Lions, putting together a working group that is going through all aspects of the club.

Gil McLachlan doesn’t like coaches being sacked, especially in the non-Victorian sides, so keeping Justin Leppitsch at the helm is a priority, but others like CEO Greg Swann and national recruitment manager Stephen Conole are under the pump.

And chairman Bob Sharpless is as good as gone if the league can talk Leigh Matthews into taking the role of head honcho, but they’ve got an uphill battle on their hands.

However, there could be a lot of money thrown Matthews’ way plus everything within the rules that can make Brisbane a more attractive destination for players, starting with a priority pick at this year’s draft.

So don’t go expecting the Lions to beat Essendon next week – that’d really throw a spanner in the works.

Really not sure why they'd have Swanny under pressure only 2 years after they put him in there in the first place. Is the article also implying that we will definitely be tanking against the Bombers in a couple of weeks?

Needs more input from player managers and exodus to be credible....

BTW, whoever changed the thread title has all of my love and respect.

856405.gif
Thanks for clarifying that it was "woman" doing the talking, I would never have been able to tell otherwise!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should never have trusted Frinkiac to get the text right.

857656.gif
Just fixed it a bit to help set the scene and clarify who exactly is doing the talking.
856822.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back