2nds They want to Clip our Wings Even more!

Remove this Banner Ad

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
Yes our Magpie is in the SANFL, but he's the old Dog or little brother (whichever way you want to look at it).

If We Are Port Adelaide - The we should care about the Maggies & the SANFL.

The SANFL look to drag PAFCs SANFL program down even more..

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cr...eserves-in-sanfl/story-fndv8s6g-1227073565053

Instead of putting the expectation on the Crows to lift their SANFL program and buy into the local competition much more than just being a 'filler' reserves team.

Shouldn't the SANFL be looking to raise the standard or their competition?

My favourite restriction is the one on recruiting non-South Australians. This means that the SANFL clubs are essentially forcing us to poach their players, rather than bringing in a good player from interstate. Allowing us to recruit from interstate would allow more good players to be brought into the competition and would allow SANFL clubs more of a chance to keep their own players and have the strongest list possible, but they'd rather cut off their nose to spite their face. The absolute perfect example that these clubs would rather bring Port down than improve themselves. Pathetic.

Cool. So the SANFL's solution to having the biggest local GF in decades is to ensure the competition reverts as close to the shitty mean of the last 20 years as possible, there by ensuring it also reverts to poor crowds during H&A and finals.

* me, if there's an organisation that fits the textbook definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face more than the SNAFL I'd be shocked.

“We feel that the Port Adelaide Football Club needs to be in under the same conditions as the Adelaide Football Club and I’m surprised the Crows haven’t jumped up and down about that,’’ said Sturt CEO Sue Dewing, one of the eight SANFL club chiefs The Advertiser interviewed last week.

They didn't jump up and down because their outgoing CEO snatched at the first offer put on the table, instead of doing the rounds and negotiating for the best deal possible as KT and Koch did.

Goodness ****ing gracious.

This is old news isn't it? Was always going to happen, and we get to keep the recruits from this year, eg Krakouer, Biemans. I'm sure we will continue to be successful under the adjusted model. With these moves, the SANFL clubs completely forfeit the right to whinge when we win the premiership.

Given we were rolling out 17-19 AFL listed players each week according to most, surely the changes to top ups are just fiddling at the edges.

Given we were rolling out 17-19 AFL listed players each week according to most, surely the changes to top ups are just fiddling at the edges.

We actually made the mistake of recruiting some quality players like Bruggeman and Biemans, as opposed to the Crowserves who leapt at the chance to source players from here, there and everywhere from week to week - which makes sweeping statements like "the integrity of the competition" seem rather hollow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tin pot s**t comp anyway.

Magpies to the VFL/WAFL/SAAFL ****ing Hills League whatever. Just get them out and see how the snafl cope with that.

campaigners.

“We feel that the Port Adelaide Football Club needs to be in under the same conditions as the Adelaide Football Club and I’m surprised the Crows haven’t jumped up and down about that,’’ said Sturt CEO Sue Dewing, one of the eight SANFL club chiefs The Advertiser interviewed last week.

It's because the crows don't give 2 ****s
They just wanted to put all their depth in 1 team for training drills.

My favourite restriction is the one on recruiting non-South Australians. This means that the SANFL clubs are essentially forcing us to poach their players, rather than bringing in a good player from interstate. Allowing us to recruit from interstate would allow more good players to be brought into the competition and would allow SANFL clubs more of a chance to keep their own players and have the strongest list possible, but they'd rather cut off their nose to spite their face. The absolute perfect example that these clubs would rather bring Port down than improve themselves. Pathetic.

At $400/game or whatever it's going to be, they're forcing us to either poach their own early cast-offs or to develop kids out of their own zones (and out of our historical zones) for them to harvest. Say WWT signs a 21 year old Vic, he plays one year, is he then eligible to be "poached" by Port or the Cows for a year?

Also, lol and **** you, North and Centrals.

Tin pot s**t comp anyway.

Magpies to the VFL/WAFL/SAAFL ****ing Hills League whatever. Just get them out and see how the snafl cope with that.

campaigners.

The one leverage-point they had was our zones. Now that they're gone, who cares? I'd sooner play in the WAFL.

You guys obviously don't get it. It's OK for Centrals to play in 12 successive grand finals and win 9 flags, but woe betide Port Adelaide if they have the audacity to finish the minor round on top of the ladder even once. This must not be allowed to reoccur until John Olsen steps down!!!!!

At $400/game or whatever it's going to be, they're forcing us to either poach their own early cast-offs or to develop kids out of their own zones (and out of our historical zones) for them to harvest. Say WWT signs a 21 year old Vic, he plays one year, is he then eligible to be "poached" by Port or the Cows for a year?

We can only sign 18-23 year olds that live in SA that have not played SANFL in 2 years.

Pretty much the best of the country league.

The one leverage-point they had was our zones. Now that they're gone, who cares? I'd sooner play in the WAFL.

Yep, A1 Amateur League, VFL or WAFL. One kick and the whole rotten structure will come tumbling down. The sooner the SANFL clubs are brought under the banner of the AFL the better.

Qs: Who owns the assets of the Prison Bar guernsey and the Magpie? If we withdrew them from the SANFL comp could we fall foul of the very same legal argument used against us in 1990? I thought we signed up for X years in this bloody tinpot comp?

Yep, A1 Amateur League, VFL or WAFL. One kick and the whole rotten structure will come tumbling down. The sooner the SANFL clubs are brought under the banner of the AFL the better.

Qs: Who owns the assets of the Prison Bar guernsey and the Magpie? If we withdrew them from the SANFL comp could we fall foul of the very same legal argument used against us in 1990? I thought we signed up for X years in this bloody tinpot comp?

20 years, but can be reviewed/broken with 2 years' notice, from memory.

With us wanting to brand out of SA, I would love the vision on a power reserves in the VFL and have the magpies model in the SANFL in it's purest form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back