2nds They want to Clip our Wings Even more!

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd say the natural progession/improvement of our young AFL listed players will see the maggies around the mark no matter what the SNAFL do

Why didn't you post that graphic originally and I wouldn't have replied.
Mea culpa. In my head it seemed fine (see below). But the moment it was up I realised if you weren't of a certain age or didn't live in Adelaide then the connection was lost. Hence frantic addition of graphic.

If it's any consolation I got the tone without the graphic. I thought the "simple matter" gave it away knowing the history of that site.
Phew!

Can anyone shed any light on why the SANFL clubs want Port and the Crows to have the same model?
How does it impact them? In fact, doesn't the Crows model impact them more?

Can anyone shed any light on why the SANFL clubs want Port and the Crows to have the same model?
How does it impact them? In fact, doesn't the Crows model impact them more?

Because they are pants wetters. Port has a traditional structure ie been developing kids for years, have players like Summo and co wanted to still play for Port - Kirkwood and Beard would have stayed if they were able to get the $$ they deserved, have U/16 and U/18 who wanted to play for the Magpies if the couldnt play in the AFL. The crows are the lowest common denominator - had no SANFL structure. They want Port to join the lowest common denominator school and become easy beats.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
With us wanting to brand out of SA, I would love the vision on a power reserves in the VFL and have the magpies model in the SANFL in it's purest form.
fu2k that if we leave we let the ship sink and wave from the shore.

Because they are pants wetters. Port has a traditional structure ie been developing kids for years, have players like Summo and co wanted to still play for Port - Kirkwood and Beard would have stayed if they were able to get the $$ they deserved, have U/16 and U/18 who wanted to play for the Magoies if the couldnt play in the AFL. The crows are the lowest common denominator - had no SANFL structure. They want Port to join the lowest common denominator school and become easy beats.

Sounds like the SANFL clubs just want an effigy to beat up on.

Sounds a bit like a guy that sticks a photo of his ex on a latex sex doll so he can pretend that everything is the same, except that he can now call the shots. #takethatbaby #hnnnggg

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
We should leave the SANFL, and let them replace us with the "Alberton Strawmen", which is what they really want anyway.

Corby_says

Senior List
Oct 15, 2008
McLaren Vale, S.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Power Reserves in SANFL
So under 16's and under 18's are now finished.
Does that mean the academy team (port magpies reserves ) will now be removed from the SANFL to match the Crows setup ?
How soon does this happen 2015, 2016 ?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
$400 per game is a killer but the worse thing that makes it difficult for us to sign decent contracted players is the sign-on fee that SANFL clubs have over us. It isn't the weekly pay that was the only thing that pushed Kirkwood and Beard to Sturt, it was the upfront 30000+ sign-on fee they were paid (mind you, whilst the rest of the players hadn't recieved half of last year's pay). This is how the SANFL clubs will take every decent contracted player away from us. Do not be surprised to lose Bruggermann and Krak,as examples.

Today's article by Kim Morgan ... dumbass or strategic. The only difference in conditions to the SANFL league teams is that we have 10 less contracted players to select from because we gave that up to be able to play home games. The academy players do not get to play league regardless.

So under 16's and under 18's are now finished.
Does that mean the academy team (port magpies reserves ) will now be removed from the SANFL to match the Crows setup ?
How soon does this happen 2015, 2016 ?

Haven't heard they will scrap that. But unless the crows agree to have an academy side, the call in a year or twos time will be that we have to scrap ours.

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
$400 per game is a killer but the worse thing that makes it difficult for us to sign decent contracted players is the sign-on fee that SANFL clubs have over us. It isn't the weekly pay that was the only thing that pushed Kirkwood and Beard to Sturt, it was the upfront 30000+ sign-on fee they were paid (mind you, whilst the rest of the players hadn't recieved half of last year's pay). This is how the SANFL clubs will take every decent contracted player away from us. Do not be surprised to lose Bruggermann and Krak,as examples.

Today's article by Kim Morgan ... dumbass or strategic. The only difference in conditions to the SANFL league teams is that we have 10 less contracted players to select from because we gave that up to be able to play home games. The academy players do not get to play league regardless.

Here's hoping we at least Rookie list Krak..

We should leave the SANFL, and let them replace us with the "Alberton Strawmen", which is what they really want anyway.

Somehow we need to be the bigger man.. as annoying as that is.. and carry this childish SaNFL board through the process of keeping our State based competition relevant. For the sake of keeping our Flags in the SANFL relevant..
At the moment the SANFL is a joke to other states and needs to be open to radical change to improve.. starting with allowing Port to push the standard up!

Channel 7 will lose interest and along with sponsors if the SANFL doesn't become open to expansion.

Time to allow SAAFL teams to enter the competition.. what happened to the idea of allowing NT teams to play?

Maybe its time to open our doors to Tassie?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Time to allow SAAFL teams to enter the competition.. what happened to the idea of allowing NT teams to play?

Maybe its time to open our doors to Tassie?

I can easily imagine the SANFL ruling that a Tasmanian and/or NT side will have to play all their games away. also, the cost of flying even fortnightly is as expensive for an SANFL team as it is for an AFL team. However, I can imagine most likely the SANFL clubs never allowing such clubs to join their league and 'heaven forbid' win their flag.

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I can easily imagine the SANFL ruling that a Tasmanian and/or NT side will have to play all their games away. also, the cost of flying even fortnightly is as expensive for an SANFL team as it is for an AFL team. However, I can imagine most likely the SANFL clubs never allowing such clubs to join their league and 'heaven forbid' win their flag.

Therein lies the problem..

*HIT THE RESET BUTTON*

Sack the $ANFL Board!

Start again.. get some fresh eyes in there!!

LETS RIOT!

The next thing that will go is our home games I can see it happening now, I f***ing hate the SANFL.

Surely changing things that affect the revenue model so fundamentally are deal breakers.

The next thing that will go is our home games I can see it happening now, I f***ing hate the SANFL.

No ******* way. The crows were stupid enough to offer to play home games - at the SANFL club venues. No way do we play Maggies games away from Alberton. Make the crows play home games at Footy Park if they want an equal model.

PAFC forever

All Australian
Feb 28, 2005
Ingle Farm, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA Magpies, Sheffield Wednesday
No ******* way. The crows were stupid enough to offer to play home games - at the SANFL club venues. No way do we play Maggies games away from Alberton. Make the crows play home games at Footy Park if they want an equal model.

All I hear is we have to have an equal model with the Crows and this is the next thing they will try to take away from us, I can see it happening now. The Crows should play at AMMI but that won't happen. They will just cut our home games instead. Everything is cut down to the lowest common denominator. Every season there will be some new rule the SANFL will pull out of their arse just to weaken us more. * em, just move the Magpies to the VFL and put our Academy side into the SAAFL, I'm fed up with this bullshit.

The crows offered to deliver 4,000 fans to their home games - played away from home. We never ******* promised that because we knew we couldn't deliver just, like they couldn't/didnt. The Tex game was a one off and I dont think it was official a crows home game.

PAFC forever

All Australian
Feb 28, 2005
Ingle Farm, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA Magpies, Sheffield Wednesday
The crows offered to deliver 4,000 fans to their home games - played away from home. We never ******* promised that because we knew we couldn't deliver just, like they couldn't/didnt. The Tex game was a one off and I dont think it was official a crows home game.

Yeah exactly. What should happen is Crows members should actually have to pay to go to their SANFL games and actually support the league financially. They should have a home ground at either Footy Park, Thebarton Oval or wherever. And they should also have an Academy side without having to take players here, there and everywhere. But that all makes to much common sense and it supports what Port Adelaide wants so they will do the opposite.

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah exactly. What should happen is Crows members should actually have to pay to go to their SANFL games and actually support the league financially. They should have a home ground at either Footy Park, Thebarton Oval or wherever. And they should also have an Academy side without having to take players here, there and everywhere. But that all makes to much common sense and it supports what Port Adelaide wants so they will do the opposite.

Cows would do anything to take the rug out from under us right now.. :mad:

Cows would do anything to take the rug out from under us right now.. :mad:

It's not the Cows who would lead an attack on the Magpies' home games, they'd be too embarrassed to. I mean Kochie would simply offer to lease them Alberton for their home games... as long as we take all the catering revenue/profit. Now that Twiggy has been replaced by someone who can actually spell Twiggonometry I'm sure they've finally done their sums on those sorts of stadium deals (on the back of us calling it all out on a much bigger scale of operation).

It's more the SANFL clubs. If Norwood for example see us draft/rookie Baulderstone and will face him in 2015 the'll be furious and driven by their nature to do something in kind to hurt. They can't help it. They only accept their development role reluctantly as it conflicts with their Prime Directives, which are a) to win the SANFL flag and b) to perpetuate a cozy local existence on the back of revenues from elsewhere, be they AFL stadium deals or (soon) massive asset sales out of AAMI.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't heard they will scrap that. But unless the crows agree to have an academy side, the call in a year or twos time will be that we have to scrap ours.

This whole never ending saga pisses me off more and more. Seriously my blood boils, and bad ideas start going through my mind.

How much ******* longer is the club going to put up with this bullshit before they tell them all to go get ****ed?
I'm sick of the pussy footing around.
Tell them either accept our model for a reserves side, uncompromised, or go * your selves and your third rate league.
What are they going to do, take us to court again?

Back