Things Cricket Needs

STFU Donnie

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
The original image shows up as him in a search. Think it is not 1978 though. More likely to be around 1981 I reckon.
You can reckon all you like. It's from the 1978 tour. This is Yallop as captain in 1978/79, wearing the actual second generation of helmets.

download.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Someone once said that if batting were a beauty contest, then Carl Hooper would be Miss World. You could say the same about Ramprakash. Unfortunately he had the mental strength to match.
I remember watching him against West Indies in 98 and it looked like he was finally going to come good but alas that was not to be.

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Someone once said that if batting were a beauty contest, then Carl Hooper would be Miss World. You could say the same about Ramprakash. Unfortunately he had the mental strength to match.
Certainly didn’t do enough to erase the years of wasted talent but hooper at least earned some redemption during his last incarnation as a test player, I think he averaged aroun 50 over his last 30 tests. Ramprakash could have done the same if given the chance I think

Kyptastic

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
Anywhere but here
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly didn’t do enough to erase the years of wasted talent but hooper at least earned some redemption during his last incarnation as a test player, I think he averaged aroun 50 over his last 30 tests. Ramprakash could have done the same if given the chance I think
The last test of the 2009 Ashes series it was down to Ramprakash and Trott to replace Bopara for the decider. There was a lot of push for Ramps as he was in great form in County, but they went with Trott. Trott hits a hundred on debut, wins the Ashes and the rest is history.

Freo Big Fella

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2003
The great wide north
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Ended up in Perth, don't know how he's doing at the moment but never heard anyone speak a bad word of him. So hopefully he's doing well!

Agreed that Athers is one of the best commentators going and a fantastic writer, but was a weird decision that failed to recognise personal context.
Had some involvement with Subi-Floreat in Perth Grade Cricket IIRC - one of the WA watchers may be able to correct me if I've got the wrong club.

big_e

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
Had some involvement with Subi-Floreat in Perth Grade Cricket IIRC - one of the WA watchers may be able to correct me if I've got the wrong club.
His brother Chris runs a sports shirt business in Perth - Dyenamic Sublimation - and I think he is working there. Don't quote me on that - just a memory of an interview Chris did on the radio about it a while back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Sheridan

All Australian
Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Played with South Perth prior to his international career, no idea post international. Around the same time, Alec Stewart played with Midland-Guildford.

Top Bottom