Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
Lumbridge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
Hey everyone,

I've been dating this girl for a month or so now, and I am running out of decent ideas of where to take her. We've done the whole dinner/movies combo a fair few times already and I'm looking for something better now.

We are only young (I'm 22 and she's 18), so I'm looking for something that would suit our ages.

As the thread titles suggests I live in Perth, so suggestions from Perthians would be much appreciated.

Ummm, theres ya problem. Its Perth. Everything is way overpriced especially for young'uns. And there aint much to do as the weather gets cooler.

You could go down south to some wineries?

Or go-karting.

King's Park is a pretty awesome place for a picnic.

As a visitor from the east coast, I really enjoyed watching the sun go down over the water. There is a restaurant on City Beach, I forget its name, but it has a massive glass wall and indoor deckchairs where you can sit and have a drink and bar snacks while you watch the sunset. Pretty reasonably priced, and a good place to kick back and chat with someone.

I find touristy stuff is often fun for dates. Most people don't ever do it in their own city so usually it's new to them.

I have never been to perth so take this with a gain of salt.

-Pinnacles Desert sandboarding might need a 4 wheel drive to get there.
-spend a day at Rottnest Island hire a mountain bike ride around have a picnic.
-Watch the sunset at cottesloe beach while eating overpriced fish n chips.
-There looks to be some really nice walking/bike tracks around perth again a picnic might be nice yet quiet cheap.
- Go on a tourist date jump on the big tour bus and checkout your on city might find something you didnt know.
-Is there a zoo in perth if you like zoo's that is.

A lot of the lamer things can be quite fun if you have the right company, like ceasar said, the touristy things can be done asa date.

Wine tasting
Animal Parks
Outdoor cinemas
Bowling
san churros
Take her to the footy

Alternatively, try new restaurants every time you go out with her.

I have never been to perth so take this with a gain of salt.

-There looks to be some really nice walking/bike tracks around perth again a picnic might be nice yet quiet cheap.
- Go on a tourist date jump on the big tour bus and checkout your on city might find something you didnt know.
-Is there a zoo in perth if you like zoo's that is.

Zoo is only open for three hours, about twelve times a year.

Every Fremantle game at Patterson's Stadium. :thumbsdown:

There are some great restaurants around - especially ones with a view, but like many things in Perth they're hideously overpriced. When I was 22 I couldn't afford that sort of stuff so you're probably in the same boat.

Best suggestion I have is to take something (picnic, fish and chips or something like that) to one of the following spots:
South Perth foreshore - especially at night
Cottesloe beach (rocker's right though, the fish and chip shop there is double the price)
Kings Park
The Zig zag road up in the hills

Alternatively go to fishing boat harbour for dinner and wander around Freo afterwards. You can do some nice day cruises on the river that won't break the bank as well.

-Pinnacles is worth the trip especially now the new Indian Ocean road is through. No sandboarding there, though, and you don't need a 4WD. You're possibly thinking of the sandhills near Lancelin (about half as far to drive, and you DO need a 4WD!)

-Rottnest is an over-rated shithole. I really don't know what people see in it. I was there for a day trip a couple of weeks back and will never willingly go there again.

-The sun sets at many other beaches as well as Cottesloe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I don't believe you, but where exactly was closed at 9 30?

Perth ....

But more seriously, we rang 3 or 4 regular restaurants who all advised we'd be too late for last orders to the kitchen ...

We could have tried some pubs I guess or maccas ...

The complete lack of any humans out and about was also uninspiring.

It's a very very very quiet place where people seem to hide at home.

Yeah so I've got a 'date' with this girl from uni. She isn't 18 yet, I don't think, so what's there to do?

Mate, I took my girlfriend to penguin island its off rockingham. We walked across in the waist deep water (its easy walk on low tide but girls freak out = this is crazy, by boyfriend is so exciting and dangerous), did a bit of a walk around the island and saw some penguins (chicks love penguins), walked back to shore, hopped in the car and went to lunch at one of the restaurants in town opposite the beach. Awesome day out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back