Movie Things I learnt from and movie trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

The_Birds_original_poster.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great direction though..
Watched The Shining a couple of times again this week, extremely slow and I usually don't like ghost type stuff but the direction is simply sublime, close to the best looking film I've ever seen. Like that hallway, he makes something mundane feel like the creepiest thing ever.

vlcsnap-error666.png

So whats the deal with the photo at the end?? ?

Like he is just reincarnate of the guy in the photo, idk..

Stanley Kubrick said, “The ballroom photograph at the very end suggests the reincarnation of Jack.”

That means that Jack Torrance is the reincarnation of a guest or someone on staff at the Overlook in 1921. This corroborates many theories involving Charles Grady, the man who went stir crazy and killed his family in the Overlook (which Jack is informed about during his interview for the position) was the reincarnation of Delbert Grady, the ghost butler Jack meets in the hotel bathroom. The Overlook seems to have the power to recall reincarnated versions of its past guests and employees. Delbert Grady tells Jack that he’s “always been the caretaker,” implying the hotel continues to revisit its past inhabitants. It keeps calling back Gradys and Torrances to offer them a good vs. evil scenario, and they choose evil.

Watched The Shining a couple of times again this week, extremely slow and I usually don't like ghost type stuff but the direction is simply sublime, close to the best looking film I've ever seen. Like that hallway, he makes something mundane feel like the creepiest thing ever.

View attachment 1076052

Totally.

And the shot of the kid from behind on his bike- giving us a real "tour" of the place from his POV.

It really is a great film, yet I hate Shelley so much. She is the main and only downer really. I'm on Jack's side to kill her- and thats not a good thing. :tearsofjoy:

I might read the book actually one day... I'll put it in the "queue".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back