Movie Things I learnt from and movie trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Any sightings of hot women you magically heard the song "American Woman"

/is that right- or was it something else.

Yeah I thought i was wrong:

Gary Wright re-recorded "Dream Weaver" for the film, which is heard whenever Wayne looks at Cassandra.

Last edited:

Perhaps this could also be the place for some trivia re. the film, not just "things i learnt"

Filled with pop culture references, the sketches and the film started catchphrases such as "Schwing!" and "Schyea", as well as popularizing "That's what she said", "Party on!" and the use of "Not!" after apparently affirmative sentences in order to state the contrary.[16]

According to Penelope Spheeris, Mike Myers was difficult to work with. He arrived on set one day to discover that the snack table only had butter and not margarine for his bagel. Myers reportedly became enraged, flipped the table over, stormed off the set, and did not come out of his trailer for hours. She assigned her daughter to be his assistant. She told Entertainment Weekly: "He (Myers) was emotionally needy and got more difficult as the shoot went along. 'You should have heard him bitching when I was trying to do that 'Bohemian Rhapsody' scene: 'I can't move my neck like that! Why do we have to do this so many times? No one is going to laugh at that!' To this day, I have this image of my daughter sitting on this little cooler, looking at me, like, 'Mom, I f-ing hate you,"

The film is credited with reviving the popularity of the British rock band Queen in the United States through its use of their 1975 song "Bohemian Rhapsody". They had dropped in popularity throughout the 1980s in the US and hadn't even bothered to include the country in their final two world tours with lead singer (and the song's writer) Freddie Mercury (for their 1984 album "The Works" and their 1986 album "A Kind of Magic"). Wayne's World caused the song to become a bigger hit in the US chart (number two) than it had been first time around (number nine). By a remarkable coincidence, Mercury didn't live to see the song's renaissance as he had become rock's most famous AIDS casualty just a few months before the film's release. However, according to guitarist Brian May, Mercury did give permission for the song to be used and saw the clips while he was close to death because Mike Myers had sent a tape and wanted him to see it.

I learnt to question why when a man kills another man in battle it’s called heroic, but if he kills a man in the heat of passion it’s called murder

You got that from Wayne's World?

I must have sneezed and mist that bit (pun nintendo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEW MOVIE: ZOOLANDER

MV5BODI4NDY2NDM5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzEwOTMxMDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

At the end of his career, a clueless fashion model is brainwashed to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

Stars: Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson

Derek Zoolander is VH1's three time male model of the year, but when Hansel wins the award instead, Zoolander's world becomes upside down. His friends disappear, his father is disappointed in him, and he feels that he's not good as a model anymore. But when evil fashion guru Mugatu hires Zoolander, he thinks his life has turned back round again, that is until he finds out that Mugatu has actually brainwashed him to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Can Zoolander and his new friends find out how to prevent the incident before it's too late?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back