Toast Things I love about the AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair go mate.

What about the Crows Show with Nikki Visser?

Those were the days. The 2 Bruces on the panel ... and not McAvaney.

Memories of those days are dominant wins at home, followed by 20 goal losses away ... after every opposition goal the "Foodland the mighty South Aussies yeah" ad would be ironically played.

I loved supporting them in the 1990's, the Modra days, McLeod emerging, Andrew and Darren Jarman, etc. In fact most of the seasons 91-99 were bad but I always believed the club were eventually going to be successful because they were seen as big underdogs from the Victorians point of view. But then came 1997, back into the finals and they played with so much belief it got them over the line. 1998, well not the prettiest season but that same mentality helped them prevail when it mattered. Since then it has all been in reverse, lots of underachieving.

Speaking only for myself here.... I do love the club it’s the only reason I care to get on this board and read some of the most negative individuals in my life lol!

What’s disappointing is that we went through a period where we were becoming an authentic club standalone from the 1990s wars and the SANFL! To all of a sudden becoming almost irrelevant to the point where most football fans find us so uninteresting that they can’t be bothered hating us.

Anyway I love how positive the whole city feels when we’re actually doing well, I really believe we have an impact on the city when we’re up and about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved it when Neil Craig got the sack. s**t coach. Got carried by a stacked midfield to 2 prelims and not much else. After 2006 the Crows were not competitive, they were made to look good by beating up on mediocre sides, and eventually they couldn't manage that.

Craigy finally ended is coaching Career with his little DVD after a game against St Kilda round 6 2011, the biggest bone head moron off field move by an AFL coach in the history of the game. It was truly delicious that he got the sack in the corresponding away game where the boys, with their performance, told anyone who would listen that Craig had to go.

I love that they singlehandedly killed what was once the most important hobby in my world.

The financial outlay, time save and lack of emotion I now hold towards the AFL in general has meant I can blissfully drift through my weekend with relatively little fluctuations in my emotions.

These days I’m so distant from the AFL that I’m not sure I’ll even come back again. It’s been nearly two years since I’ve sat down and watched an AFL game from start to finish.

Thanks AFC 👍🏻

I love that they singlehandedly killed what was once the most important hobby in my world.

The financial outlay, time save and lack of emotion I now hold towards the AFL in general has meant I can blissfully drift through my weekend with relatively little fluctuations in my emotions.

These days I’m so distant from the AFL that I’m not sure I’ll even come back again. It’s been nearly two years since I’ve sat down and watched an AFL game from start to finish.

Thanks AFC 👍🏻

Your loss champ.

Enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you deserve it. 👍

Lets face it our club not a boring club going from most exciting start in AFL to hard yards to unexpected premierships ,to many finals losses to our first wooden spoon.
Lots of sacked coaches and two very sad deaths in coaching ranks.
From the most exciting player to play AFL , to too many players leaving to other clubs including one that won Brownlow.
From great draft picks like Danger and Doedee to top round selection flops like Meesen, Angwin , Watts to current where one 1st round delisted and other 1st rounders a long way to go.
To management stuff ups where too many to list , from Tippett saga, to boys club appointments, to camp fiasco just to highlight.
Now after wooden spoon we now have trades and massive haul in draft and brand new selection of coaches that can only feed positive outlook only one way to go.

I loved it when Neil Craig got the sack. sh*t coach. Got carried by a stacked midfield to 2 prelims and not much else. After 2006 the Crows were not competitive, they were made to look good by beating up on mediocre sides, and eventually they couldn't manage that.

Craigy finally ended is coaching Career with his little DVD after a game against St Kilda round 6 2011, the biggest bone head moron off field move by an AFL coach in the history of the game. It was truly delicious that he got the sack in the corresponding away game where the boys, with their performance, told anyone who would listen that Craig had to go.

Neil Craig's best moment was when he went berserk in the coaches box against Essendon in his final home game as Adelaide coach, made me laugh when watching the game on TV that fateful Friday night. Following year later Adelaide almost made the GF and probably would have won it too.

Thanks AFC 👍🏻

Guy logs on to AFL and Adelaide Crows forum to proclaim that he no longer likes AFL and the Adelaide Crows.

Earth-shattering stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back