Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand people that have an issue with someone about something but only express that by giving them the silent treatment.

As in how are you even meant to know what you've done wrong if it's never articulated to you?

My mother may or may not be a great exponent of this. But I know others too. Just a baffling way to behave.

I am a fan of the silent treatment when its used as a way to annoy someone that's trying to get under your skin by being annoying. Thus giving them the silent treatment instead of snarking back at them, makes the other person more irritated)

Why people in grey or black cars drive around in the dark with no lights on.

Knight Rider fans ? :D

I am a fan of the silent treatment when its used as a way to annoy someone that's trying to get under your skin by being annoying. Thus giving them the silent treatment instead of snarking back at them, makes the other person more irritated)
Yeah but if what they're not trying to get under your skin per se, but you've taken exception to something at some point?

Yeah but if what they're not trying to get under your skin per se, but you've taken exception to something at some point?

True I was describing using the silent treatment in a different context. In your example it's immature. But maybe the person hasn't had experience in communication and thus the silent treatment is how they handle it.

True I was describing using the silent treatment in a different context. In your example it's immature. But maybe the person hasn't had experience in communication and thus the silent treatment is how they handle it.
A fair point. Aversion to confrontation is always a possibility.

The silent treatment is the ants pants when it comes to co-dependent drama-queens....My twin sister is a 5th dan black-belt when it comes to such treatment of fools....And I'm not far behind.

Closing doors in people's faces so as to no longer hear them, is a practiced art for us both....A dark art indeed.

The silent treatment is classic passive aggressive behaviour which can sometimes be worse than actual aggressive behaviour.

At least when someone yells at someone else about something that upsets them it's over and done with and the other person knows where they stand.

With the silent treatment it can drag on for days or even longer with the other person not knowing what they've done to deserve it.

The silent treatment is classic passive aggressive behaviour which can sometimes be worse than actual aggressive behaviour.

At least when someone yells at someone else about something that upsets them it's over and done with and the other person knows where they stand.

With the silent treatment it can drag on for days or even longer with the other person not knowing what they've done to deserve it.
And like I said, it can also be a reward even when you don't know what you did to deserve it. Imagine if you took it that way; a magnificent backfire.

And like I said, it can also be a reward even when you don't know what you did to deserve it. Imagine if you took it that way; a magnificent backfire.

I guess if you had a wife that nags you when you're watching the footy or cricket then her giving you the silent treatment would be a blessing in disguise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the following headline from ABC News: Ashton Kutcher tells Senate inquiry about his fight to end child sex slavery.

I mean, the words make sense, but a world in which the guy from Dude, Where's My Car is seen as the appropriate person to front a Senate inquiry into a serious issue is a world that's gone to pot.

I don't understand the following headline from ABC News: Ashton Kutcher tells Senate inquiry about his fight to end child sex slavery.

I mean, the words make sense, but a world in which the guy from Dude, Where's My Car is seen as the appropriate person to front a Senate inquiry into a serious issue is a world that's gone to pot.

The lead singer from Twisted Sister fronted a senate hearing once, unfortunately it was sans make-up! :-(

My other half uses the silent treatment - *ing shits me
I'd rather have a smack down screaming match and just get it over with and then it's done and dusted.
I always thought my family was dysfunctional because yelling was the norm and no revisiting past hurts was allowed, but we are normal compared to his family and the silent treatment games they play. All that pent up emotion has to land somewhere and in this case it happened at his mums funeral - years of anger just erupted and the fallout still lingers 10 years on - made for an inter sting day

What if you just don't feel like talking? Surely that is different to the Passive Aggressive types who mutter under their breath etc. Or change their behaviour to spite you as if you will somehow are responsible for changing them back if they stew in their own juices to spite the fact they are doing it out of spite.

As to the not understanding I don't get how people can seemingly talk on and on forever. Many times I have given a detailed answer/explanation/discussion/chat only to be told I'm introverted or don't go into enough detail. Yet some can literally talk non stop for half an hour. Unbelievable.

Could be worse, he could be the leader of the "free world" :$

I dont understand why, on a school day, i would see school aged kids at a play center. Surely they should be at school rather than missing it? And we wonder why kids are falling behind academically.
Dob them into nearby schools.

Only just discovered that a part of Western Australia has seceded from Australia and is called Principality of Hutt River. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back