Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mrs. Richards episode of Fawlty Towers is the best written comedy I've ever seen, so many stories within the story, and all summed up inside 30 minutes. Genius!
"Is this a piece of your brain?"

Definitely the best episode for mine.

You can see the sea. It's over there between the land, and the sky.

Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...

:D:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why loser political party members (or just rusted on supporters) of both sides waste their time campaigning with bumper stickers and what have you to try to get a signature policy overturned. Yeah, the one (or one of a couple) that essentially got them power over your mob.

Or, similar theme, why the same sort of people essentially want the country/state to plunge into chaos, if their party isn't in power. They legitimately hope that the Premier or the Prime Minister does a terrible job, if he isn't part of the party that they support.

High kicks is pushing your luck, though.
0ea1647b15e393d03c00253d1e172cf0.jpg

I dont know if I've posted this here before but what is with people stopping at the lights leaving a massive space in front of them and then after a while deciding to slowly creep forward before it goes green. Just stop close to the car/line in the first place.

I dont know if I've posted this here before but what is with people stopping at the lights leaving a massive space in front of them and then after a while deciding to slowly creep forward before it goes green. Just stop close to the car/line in the first place.

Dunno. I have done it before but it was like 40 degrees and I stopped about a car length behind the line so I was stopped in the shade.

It's a safety issue - defensive driving.

If I stop half-a-car length back from the car in front, I can then sit the car in neutral, and in event of a car behind not stopping I can avoid/minimise the crash by reducing the resistance/impact - and potentially avoid a multi-car pileup. Once the car behind me is clearly stopping, I can then compress up to allow the car behind the same luxury.

I've noticed this too lately, especially at the front, they leave a massive gap between themselves and the white line. Most of the ones I have observed don't even creep forward. It's like they have no idea where the front of their car ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back