Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girl I have on faccebook that has like, half a dozen pets, saying that anyone that goes to the circus can unfriend her because she doesn't support their use of animals.

How is it much different to her keeping animals that are not native to this area, enclosed, and teaching them stuff like sit?

Girl I have on faccebook that has like, half a dozen pets, saying that anyone that goes to the circus can unfriend her because she doesn't support their use of animals.

How is it much different to her keeping animals that are not native to this area, enclosed, and teaching them stuff like sit?

Circus animals are transported around and held in captivity (chains, small enclosures etc) in pretty shitty conditions and they're essentially held against their will for the extremely short-term amusement of humans.

Maybe her pets are rescues?

Circus animals are transported around and held in captivity (chains, small enclosures etc) in pretty shitty conditions and they're essentially held against their will for the extremely short-term amusement of humans.

Maybe her pets are rescues?

They aren't.

I don't think you can be so militant about something like animal welfare then a status later be asking about pure breed show cats.

a lot of people are hypocritical when it comes to animal rights/welfare. they will blast horse racing but then take their kids to the zoo, condemn the phillipinos for eating dog but then buy eggs from a battery farm. we exploit animals in all sorts of ways. i think as long as the zoo or the circus or the horse trainer etc etc treats them as well as possible and has a sort of rural farmer-type respect for animals, then it's OK.

I agree. Leaving the cats alone inside while you piss off to work for eight hours, then straight to the clubs for a few hours more, doesn't exactly scream to me that somebody's relationships with their animals makes them impervious to criticism.

a lot of people are hypocritical when it comes to animal rights/welfare. they will blast horse racing but then take their kids to the zoo, condemn the phillipinos for eating dog but then buy eggs from a battery farm. we exploit animals in all sorts of ways. i think as long as the zoo or the circus or the horse trainer etc etc treats them as well as possible and has a sort of rural farmer-type respect for animals, then it's OK.
Yep. Pigs for example like chooks get treated like absolute garbage when farmed for meat but people just turn a blind eye to it because bacon tastes good. The same people if they were a dog lover would no doubt campaign for a 10 year prison sentence if they heard of a cute Labrador getting treated in a similar way even though pigs are are also quite intelligent animals.

I agree. Leaving the cats alone inside while you piss off to work for eight hours, then straight to the clubs for a few hours more, doesn't exactly scream to me that somebody's relationships with their animals makes them impervious to criticism.
RE cats are not meant to be outside at night but its hard to control a roaming animal like a cat.So you'll find alot of cats are house bound these days some houses even have cat encloses so they can go outside and not run off.

RE cats are not meant to be outside at night but its hard to control a roaming animal like a cat.So you'll find alot of cats are house bound these days some houses even have cat encloses so they can go outside and not run off.

I get that and I support it, but how can you be against circus animals and zoos when you own like, five cats yourself?

I get that and I support it, but how can you be against circus animals and zoos when you own like, five cats yourself?
Yeah I hear you.
I guess her point is hers are pets and the zoo animals are for show and show animals are kept in cages etc.But there kept in cages because lions and tigers roaming the streets smells danger.

I didn't think were allowed 5 cats or dogs? I think it is 2 x 2 any more you have to get a permit from your local council.

Yeah I hear you.
I guess her point is hers are pets and the zoo animals are for show and show animals are kept in cages etc.But there kept in cages because lions and tigers roaming the streets smells danger.

I didn't think were allowed 5 cats or dogs? I think it is 2 x 2 any more you have to get a permit from your local council.

This couple, and I will say the partner of this girl is one of my best mates, but they have had numerous 'backyard breeding' dog litters too. Don't think any thought is given to council regulations.

I can't deal with whatever her animal policy is, but it doesn't feel consistent...

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I hear you.

What ?
A limit.
I think it is nuts having 5 cats and dogs but do not think there is a legal limit.
2 pets for any normal household is more than enough. Any more and risk neglecting them. Cats need a lot of staff members to attend to them.

What ?
A limit.
I think it is nuts having 5 cats and dogs but do not think there is a legal limit.
2 pets for any normal household is more than enough. Any more and risk neglecting them. Cats need a lot of staff members to attend to them.
You need to have permits in most areas if you want more than 2 dogs or 2 cats

What ?
A limit.

There’s definitely a limit imposed by local councils. Cats don’t need as much care as dogs, very self sufficient and don’t need to be walked everyday.

Pets are a human indulgence, nothing more nothing less. Yes, they are well looked after but they are not allowed to live as they please, most are sexed for a start. I have a cat who I adore but I recognise the relationship for what it is.

How 8 year old kids are allowed to drag race.

An 8 year old girl was killed in her first ever drag race yesterday.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...x/news-story/0d151f7b6d76ba41ec975fdd28054530

Even if it was legal for her to be drag racing it's hard to imagine how any responsible parents would think it was a good idea to let an 8 year old do it.
Friends of mine let their kids do Motorcross. Just about once a month they break something and end up in hospital. Even if they don't die their body is going to be ****ed when they're older.

thats like contact sports too isn't it. Lots of people give up on footy when they hit late teens/early 20's but those that keep playing on will collect enough injuries to cause them a lot of grief long after they've played their last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back