Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgians and later the Germans sowed some strong seeds to initiate that conflict which climaxed in 94.

Belgians and later the Germans sowed some strong seeds to initiate that conflict which climaxed in 94.
Imposing arbitrary borders on old tribes with centuries old enmities doesn't usually end well, look at Yugoslavia for another example, that's about seven countries now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you fall overboard on a cruise ship? Surely there was alcohol involved.

How do you fall overboard on a cruise ship? Surely there was alcohol involved.

Apparently hanging over the side being sick - ridiculous thing to do but unfortunately it’s cost her her life

Why the **** would someone who was seasick go outside in gale force winds and swell to throw up rather than doing it in the toilet in your cabin?

Sounds very fishy.

Me. I get seasick very easily - inside in a cabin I'll be sick the entire trip. Outside the fresh, cool air will help me settle.

If it is vertigo induced nausea, being able to calibrate your vision with the horizon (presuming swell isn't so high as to obscure view) will provide almost immediate relief.

I spent four hours outside, frozen to the core in torrential rain travelling on the Spirit of Tas the second time I travelled...but at least I was only unwell, not violently ill. (1st time I spent in the toilet cubicle apparently trying to lose 10% of my bodyweight).

Me. I get seasick very easily - inside in a cabin I'll be sick the entire trip. Outside the fresh, cool air will help me settle.

If it is vertigo induced nausea, being able to calibrate your vision with the horizon (presuming swell isn't so high as to obscure view) will provide almost immediate relief.

I spent four hours outside, frozen to the core in torrential rain travelling on the Spirit of Tas the second time I travelled...but at least I was only unwell, not violently ill. (1st time I spent in the toilet cubicle apparently trying to lose 10% of my bodyweight).
That's fine but if you're stupid enough to hang over the side of a ship to spew in gale force winds with waves crashing halfway up the side then you can't be too surprised to find yourself in the drink sooner or later. Being violently ill is better than being drowned.

Why the women's pole vault isn't the most popular sport in the Commonwealth Games.

For example:

oA24ZWiJ.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back