Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was big fan of Cyndi Lauper and Annie Lennox back in the 80’s

my mum thought I was a lesbian because I got my hair cut short and shaved on one side such was my fan girl moment.

I was big fan of Cyndi Lauper and Annie Lennox back in the 80’s

my mum thought I was a lesbian because I got my hair cut short and shaved on one side such was my fan girl moment.

Did you tell them it's only cos you wanted to have fun?

Still a great tune....."She's so unusual."

I had a mega-crush on Sheena Easton for a good year, as a teenage lad....Remember this one fondly.

I purchased a clutch travel purse from Wanderers Travel couple years back - cost me $169

zip broke and I’ve been quoted $60 to replace zip

genuine leather and now has that soft leather feel to it

do I pay $60 to get it fixed

I purchased a clutch travel purse from Wanderers Travel couple years back - cost me $169

zip broke and I’ve been quoted $60 to replace zip

genuine leather and now has that soft leather feel to it

do I pay $60 to get it fixed
For sure, I bought a new purse for my mum for Christmas today and no way can you get a decent replacement for sixty notes.

Why do people year in, year out do this whole present crap.
just give people cash.

Whoever organised this should be sacked, ppl could have been killed ala hillsborough

Why do people year in, year out do this whole present crap.
just give people cash.

I hate gift giving. The idea is nice in theory, but it’s become a competition, who can get a better gift, how much you spend, how “personalised” it is. It’s an obligation, an expectation rather than something done simply out of love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever organised this should be sacked, ppl could have been killed ala hillsborough
Sad reflection of society. Rampant consumerism with a "me-me-me attitude" squabbling over ******* gift cards. Westfield should've known this was only going to end one way but, also, a good showcase on how sheep-like and greedy the average modern person is.

I thought promotions like this were banned? Like the Boxing Day "super specials" of yore. Fear of missing out turns some people into animals.

Has anyone done a reality TV show yet where they focus on the antics of individual bridal parties during those designer bridal-wear sales and then present the (highly edited for maximum drama) footage in isolation to the groom and his family? That's sure to get a few viewers on a Tuesday night

I thought promotions like this were banned? Like the Boxing Day "super specials" of yore. Fear of missing out turns some people into animals.

Has anyone done a reality TV show yet where they focus on the antics of individual bridal parties during those designer bridal-wear sales and then present the (highly edited for maximum drama) footage in isolation to the groom and his family? That's sure to get a few viewers on a Tuesday night

They still have the "rush" at the doors when they open I think, but its not like back in the old days when people got keyed and there was epic violence over $50 TVs.

But yeah whatevs, i stay well away from the major shopping centres and the city post xmas sales.

Sad reflection of society. Rampant consumerism with a "me-me-me attitude" squabbling over ******* gift cards. Westfield should've known this was only going to end one way but, also, a good showcase on how sheep-like and greedy the average modern person is.

Natural selection at work. Anyone there probably wouldn't be a great loss to the gene pool.

or how badly people are struggling financially

I loved this comment from Greg "I bet some stupid young millennial thought oh I’ve got a good idea." Such a quintessential news.com comment.

makes a nice change from Ok boomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back