Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A related TILYJDU/TTSM point, why is it so ******* hard to buy decent orange juice?

Australian oranges, all squashed up, in a bottle. Shouldn't be that hard but most products are made from concentrate, made from imported oranges, have added sugar and/or water....

my local IGA sells their own OJ. that said we have our own orange tree.

I won’t buy imported fruit or seafood. Went looking for some tinned salmon to make fish cakes and couldn’t find Australian salmon - like wtf

What if the salmon was born in Australian waters yet was captured outside of said waters? It's still Australian, but an ex pat

A related TILYJDU/TTSM point, why is it so ******* hard to buy decent orange juice?

Australian oranges, all squashed up, in a bottle. Shouldn't be that hard but most products are made from concentrate, made from imported oranges, have added sugar and/or water....

I haven't drunk commercial orange juice for donkey's years. You can't just squash oranges and put them in a bottle as they go off really quickly. Anything made with raw fresh ingredients will do that, so they have to do things to it to give it shelf life. Just juice a couple of oranges yourself and you have your Australian made fresh orange juice :)

my local IGA sells their own OJ. that said we have our own orange tree.

Currently enjoying beautiful navel oranges from my brother's tree, seriously 100% better than any orange you can buy in the shops.

What if the salmon was born in Australian waters yet was captured outside of said waters? It's still Australian, but an ex pat

They get sent for processing at Nauru

This appeared in new news feed:

"I haven’t done any dieting to get leaner for my recent photo shoots because it’s not real, I can't maintain it all year around."
nek minut posts beautiful photo of self posing. And history shows plenty of photos illustrating dieting and cutting.

What, like a bulimic emo?

Is it weird that I've not once checked the label on any food item to see where it came from? Seems like it's a common thing to do, but I've just never cared.
+1

Don't really care where the food is from. If it tastes nice/undiseased etc, it's good enough for me.

Is it weird that I've not once checked the label on any food item to see where it came from? Seems like it's a common thing to do, but I've just never cared.

Nope - I never check - happy to buy from whichever country can produce the good the cheapest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's an unpopular opinions thread one but I don't understand Winnie Harlow being a model.

I'd never heard of her until she made the news for cocking up the chequered flag at the Canadian GP but a model with a very prominent skin condition just seems weird to me given the nature of the business. I mean she's not a hideous freak or anything but then nor am I (OK maybe I am but this is BigFooty so 10s nightly) and I'm not getting hired for Mugatu's next campaign.

Maybe it's an unpopular opinions thread one but I don't understand Winnie Harlow being a model.

I'd never heard of her until she made the news for cocking up the chequered flag at the Canadian GP but a model with a very prominent skin condition just seems weird to me given the nature of the business. I mean she's not a hideous freak or anything but then nor am I (OK maybe I am but this is BigFooty so 10s nightly) and I'm not getting hired for Mugatu's next campaign.

Shes stunning, shes tall and she has an interesting look (getting people to look is their job) so I get it.

Four, fourteen, four hundred, four thousand. Etc.

Forty.

Y tho?
Are you familiar with french numbers? Everything goes pretty normal until you hit the number 70, where you get soisante dix, sixty ten. Then you get sixty 11, sixty 12 and at 90 it gets even worse... quatre vingt dix which is 4 20 10 (4 x 20 +10).

I have no problem with forty.

Are you familiar with french numbers? Everything goes pretty normal until you hit the number 70, where you get soisante dix, sixty ten. Then you get sixty 11, sixty 12 and at 90 it gets even worse... quatre vingt dix which is 4 20 10 (4 x 20 +10).

But nothing is as much of a mouthful as a soixante neuf.

I never got past 1-10 in French but am familiar with German numbers. They have a weird thing where they always say the last digit before the second last. We'd say 25 as twenty-five, they say it as five and twenty. We'd say 125 as one hundred and twenty-five or just one hundred twenty-five if you are in 'Murica. They say it as one hundred, five and twenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back