Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was my best tho. Got an 8 on a par 4.

First time ive set foot on a golf course entire life happy with that

Id be over the moon with results like that.
My typical results off the tee are-
30% complete shank that goes 30m in the air (hit a bird in flight once with one)
50% massive slice that goes who knows where
20% absolutely crushed straight down the middle

Id be over the moon with results like that.
My typical results off the tee are-
30% complete shank that goes 30m in the air (hit a bird in flight once with one)
50% massive slice that goes who knows where
20% absolutely crushed straight down the middle

Fyi the first ball i hit off the tee got lost in the bushes das it :D

See bushes are bad.. balls only get lost in them ;)

I dont blame you its bloody hard.

Like i said am gonna look into getting a few proper lessons and practising
If you are serious, the first thing you should do is see a decent pro and get fitted out for a set of clubs. Its no dearer.

Most flogs just go to a golf shop and buy or get sold a brand that is giving the shop is giving the shop the most love. A decent pro will work out club lengths, grips, club pitch to suit your style

And yes, get some lessons before you develop bad habits :)

Where i live there are 3 golf courses within 5kms of me.

Went to play a round a few years back with a mate.

Couldn't play on weekends.

Weekday only Memberships well over $1k

Walked out. Didnt wanna know what the weekend memberships were

Drove to a public course near airport for a hack. Had a LOT more fun at drivimg range

LOL thats not my game.. best i did on a par 5 i got 7.

I rate golf overall as an experience 8/10. Really liked it :)

Portarlington gc

Did you like the course? I played there recently, found the back 9 were more enjoyable than the front. Got a par on the 18th which I was stoked with

Did you like the course? I played there recently, found the back 9 were more enjoyable than the front. Got a par on the 18th which I was stoked with
I've heard this.

I liked it I guess- got nothing to compare it to, as was the first gc ive ever set foot on.

Did the first seven holes, until we had to leave to go to a BBQ.

Missed out on the 19th hole too :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are serious, the first thing you should do is see a decent pro and get fitted out for a set of clubs. Its no dearer.

Most flogs just go to a golf shop and buy or get sold a brand that is giving the shop is giving the shop the most love. A decent pro will work out club lengths, grips, club pitch to suit your style

So should you get lessons before you get fitted for clubs? Could they size clubs based on your bad habits?

FWIW my bad habit is not keeping my head down.

Funnily enough...

I'll look into it say next school holidays in April. I've been spending so much money lately (house stuff) golf lessons will have to be the last priority. So maybe a bit later on..

So should you get lessons before you get fitted for clubs? Could they size clubs based on your bad habits?
Talk to the pro, its their job to size you for clubs. They'll probably give a lesson and size you for clubs the same day. You'll probably only use a 7 iron on the first couple of lessons. Clubs should only take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Doubt they'd size you for clubs based on your bad habits :thumbsu:

Funnily enough...

I'll look into it say next school holidays in April. I've been spending so much money lately (house stuff) golf lessons will have to be the last priority. So maybe a bit later on..
Go 1 on 1. Don't do the group thing

Agree with the saltier version of me. Best thing IMO is to speak to a pro first. Coincide that with a lesson because he/she will help you based on your goals/frequency/$$ etc. Social play only? Great, let's look at that.

Sizing clubs is based on your body size, height, arm length.

A pro will also help determine more specific aspects such as launch angle, lie of the club, shaft etc. That influences the clubs to be fitted.

Head is one factor important. Although Im guessing when it comes to getting it (ball) up its not your head that's influencing, rather your whole body. Like many things in life, technique in association with using your body accentuates what we believe to be bad, not just head

People who respond to an email in the subject part where the title is meat to go. Or type an entire email there.

A couple of people at my work do this. Seriously, what excuse is there in 2019, especially if you work on a computer, to not know how to use an email properly?
Yeah there's someone at work who does this too. They also type all emails in capitals :drunk:
I'm a fan of informative titles, but having an entire email in the title is worse than having no title.

Talk to the pro, its their job to size you for clubs. They'll probably give a lesson and size you for clubs the same day. You'll probably only use a 7 iron on the first couple of lessons. Clubs should only take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Doubt they'd size you for clubs based on your bad habits :thumbsu:

Well what I meant is would lessons change the way you swing and play and thus your club sizing? So if you get clubs fitted and get lessons and change your swing could your requirements change and the clubs be a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back